Jump to topic:

READ THIS!! Our world is now EVIL.

cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 6:25:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ok, not necessarily evil, but IT is something bad, for sure. In the 10's-70's, we imagined the future as us eating everything in packaged materials in little dishes that contain tasteless food, but give us the nutrients we need.

We also pictured space travel and flying cars.

Well, we are living that now. I am currently eating a packaged burrito. It is tasteless, but I read the nutrition facts, and It had a significant amount of iron, protein, and calcium.

We have mastered space travel to an extent, for we send satelites all the way to pluto, and we fly to the moon many times.

Also, there are flying cars (http://www.google.com...)
The pictures you see may seem fable, but they are all too real. While not everyone has a flying car, and almost no one does, flying cars are a reality.

My concern is: We are becoming what we thought we would be. Now, our perspective of the future is robots controlling everything (i.e. security, military, etc.), everything is a liquid or a tablet, and we are all lazy and fat like in Wall.E?
My name is Cheesedingo1. I am a dingo. Made of cheese. My favorite number is one. BOOM.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 6:35:21 PM
At 5/22/2012 6:25:24 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:
Ok, not necessarily evil, but IT is something bad, for sure. In the 10's-70's, we imagined the future as us eating everything in packaged materials in little dishes that contain tasteless food, but give us the nutrients we need.

Well, we are living that now. I am currently eating a packaged burrito. It is tasteless, but I read the nutrition facts, and It had a significant amount of iron, protein, and calcium.

We have mastered space travel to an extent, for we send satelites all the way to pluto, and we fly to the moon many times.

The pictures you see may seem fable, but they are all too real. While not everyone has a flying car, and almost no one does, flying cars are a reality.

My concern is: We are becoming what we thought we would be. Now, our perspective of the future is robots controlling everything (i.e. security, military, etc.), everything is a liquid or a tablet, and we are all lazy and fat like in Wall.E?

How is that a bad thing? I would be happy if i had a robo-maid.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 6:42:39 PM
It's evil now?

I thought it was always evil.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 6:43:59 PM
At 5/22/2012 6:35:21 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Have you seen 2001: a Space Odyssey, or any of the Terminator movies?
My name is Cheesedingo1. I am a dingo. Made of cheese. My favorite number is one. BOOM.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 6:49:13 PM
At 5/22/2012 6:43:59 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:

EMP...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 7:27:29 PM
At 5/22/2012 6:42:39 PM, Oryus wrote:
It's evil now?

I thought it was always evil.

Yep
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 7:28:17 PM
Everyone, I'm being serious. No trolling please.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 7:28:32 PM
At 5/22/2012 7:28:17 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:

So am I.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 7:31:43 PM
At 5/22/2012 7:28:32 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

So am I.

Me too lol
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 7:32:47 PM
At 5/22/2012 6:43:59 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:

Have you seen Moon?
:
cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 7:34:24 PM
At 5/22/2012 7:31:43 PM, Oryus wrote:

So am I.

Me too lol

Well, do you think that the world will be what we envision now, like what people in the past predicted our time would be like now?
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 7:45:57 PM
At 5/22/2012 7:34:24 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:

So am I.

Me too lol

Well, do you think that the world will be what we envision now, like what people in the past predicted our time would be like now?

I don't know.
:
cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 7:49:45 PM
At 5/22/2012 7:45:57 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/22/2012 7:34:24 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:

So am I.

Me too lol

I don't know.

Ok. Thank you.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 7:55:06 PM
Cheesedingo, give this a watch. Peter Thiel is just brilliant, and he discusses some of the themes you seem interested in.

http://www.hoover.org...
Tsar of DDO
cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 7:56:44 PM
At 5/22/2012 7:55:06 PM, YYW wrote:
Cheesedingo, give this a watch. Peter Thiel is just brilliant, and he discusses some of the themes you seem interested in.

thank you. This is brilliant and very helpfull.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 8:00:46 PM
At 5/22/2012 7:56:44 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:
At 5/22/2012 7:55:06 PM, YYW wrote:

thank you. This is brilliant and very helpfull.

I do what I can.
Tsar of DDO