Jump to topic:

Deja Vu

cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 3:20:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You all know what deja vu is. That feeling of nostalgia where you have the exact feeling of something happening that happened or you think that happened in the past. Lately, I have been overwhelmed with Deja Vu. For me, Deja Vu doesnt happen when I see something familiar, but the scents. I have been getting insane deja vu from just walking outside, making some cherios, or waking up for Gods sake! The scent from things is causing my brain to be overwhelmed and have at some times made me almost pass out. What's going on?
My name is Cheesedingo1. I am a dingo. Made of cheese. My favorite number is one. BOOM.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 3:45:15 PM
At 5/26/2012 3:20:53 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:
You all know what deja vu is. That feeling of nostalgia where you have the exact feeling of something happening that happened or you think that happened in the past. Lately, I have been overwhelmed with Deja Vu. For me, Deja Vu doesnt happen when I see something familiar, but the scents. I have been getting insane deja vu from just walking outside, making some cherios, or waking up for Gods sake! The scent from things is causing my brain to be overwhelmed and have at some times made me almost pass out. What's going on?

I know I've seen this post before...
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 4:55:04 PM
At 5/26/2012 3:20:53 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:

I'm pretty sure sense of smell is the strongest invoker of memory.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 5:00:45 PM
I hate deja vus. I used to have them a lot. It was like looking into a mirror image of my holding up a mirror. This feeling of "I've seen this before" and in the image I'm recollecting I've also said "I've seen this before". I hated it.

Wish I could explain it.
yang.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 3:00:08 AM
Deja Vu is caused by creating a memory out of an experience before becoming consciously aware of it. It's a brain-fart.

What is more mysterious to me is post-event-deja vu. It happens to me more often. Where I will remember something and feel like that had happened to me before in the same sense that deja vu gives you but I didn't have that feeling during the actual event that I am remembering.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 11:38:16 AM
I have Deja VU about me have Deja Vu, about me having Deja Vu, about me have Deja Vu about...*head explodes*
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 12:14:44 PM
At 5/27/2012 11:38:16 AM, OberHerr wrote:
I have Deja VU about me have Deja Vu, about me having Deja Vu, about me have Deja Vu about...*head explodes*

Lol! Ive actually had that happen to me. Not the head explosion part, but where Ive had multiple Deja Vus of the same thing. Its soooooo confusing. O_O
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 3:31:39 PM
At 5/27/2012 12:14:44 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 5/27/2012 11:38:16 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Lol! Ive actually had that happen to me. Not the head explosion part, but where Ive had multiple Deja Vus of the same thing. Its soooooo confusing. O_O

That's usually the way it always is when I have deja vu at all.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 3:33:19 PM
But can someone answer my question please.....?
My name is Cheesedingo1. I am a dingo. Made of cheese. My favorite number is one. BOOM.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 3:40:59 PM
At 5/27/2012 3:33:19 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:

You have a brain tumor.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 3:42:13 PM
At 5/27/2012 3:33:19 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:

Passing out from deja vu isn't something I've heard of before. You might want to talk to a doctor about it.

Otherwise, scent is one of the strongest things tie to memory and can work in both ways. Smelling something familiar and recalling a memory, or seeing a familiar sight and actually being able to recall the smell as though you are smelling it again without the same stimulus. I've had that happen to me a couple times, with something as simple as seeing a commercial. It's a strange sensation, but shows how powerful memory triggers can be.

As for your direct issue, it sounds like something more serious than simple deja vu, I'd suggest consulting an expert.
Debate.org Moderator