Philosophy for life?

The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 12:45:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 12:32:40 PM, westernmarch wrote:
Convince me to what Philosophy I should follow.

The Fool: lol, It doesnt' work like that. You take the best arguments of each, and disgard the rest.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 12:48:33 PM
The Fool: and with that you build a collection of knowledge, by taking the very strongest arguments. Then you organize them into a coheret form of ideas(your structure of knowlege) You kickout contradicting information(knowledge refinement)
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 12:56:24 PM
The Fool: And then you use that organized structure to launch arguments from. Philosophy is and active process of knowledge acquisition. You got to know when to accept refutatoin and cut off the bad pieces and take in the stronger pieces..
And then you have a Hill of knowledge to see far! The function of knowledge is to predict AKA determine the Universe.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 1:41:03 PM
Adapt, and question everything on a constant basis without letting it cripple you. Be a conduit of chaos.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 1:43:01 PM
"If it feels good do it. If something goes wrong, blame somebody else." -George W. Bush

I know the quote was taken out of context, but my god its still an amazing life philosophy.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 1:44:04 PM
I shall tell you that you will have no philosophy.

I will be wrong only for a very short time of eternity.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
SuburbiaSurvivor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 2:01:43 PM
Whatever philosophy contradicts all of the above.
"I'm going to tell you something that you're never going to forget, SuburbiaSurvivor. Women... Are just human beings"
TheOrator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2012 8:15:15 AM
Morally I'm an egoist, Politically, I'm a libertarian. I'm not sure which you were referring to, but as Egoism defines life choices I'm assuming thtat works for the topic.
My legend begins in the 12th century
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 2:46:39 PM
Carpe Diem. It's true because it's Latin.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 10:27:14 PM
I won't try to convice you, though I don't advize stoicism. Just choose whatever you want. Personally I value utilitarianism and hedonism the most, though I wouldn't bother to argue them right. They just appeal to me.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)