Total Posts:39|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Deepak Chopra Quote Generator

drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 10:17:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.wisdomofchopra.com...

"If what you say is indistinguishable from random gibberish, are you really saying anything?" - drafterman

Here's the test. Which one of these was actually said by Deepak Chopra?

"Perception is inherent in cosmic possibilities"
"Interdependence inspires quantum life"
"Hidden meaning is serving your own evolution"
"Freedom heals self-righteous knowledge".


If you had to google it, you've already proven the point.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 10:53:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Reminds me of the Chomsky quote generator.
http://code.activestate.com...
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 1:38:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/19/2012 1:26:41 PM, tulle wrote:
LOL So rude.

The Fool: Its Called Continental Philosophy! and post-modernsim and Ideology.

Its obvious they are irrational predications.

Perception is inherent in cosmic possibilities"
"Interdependence inspires quantum life"
"Hidden meaning is serving your own evolution"
"Freedom heals self-righteous knowledge".
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 1:38:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/19/2012 1:38:05 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 6/19/2012 1:26:41 PM, tulle wrote:
LOL So rude.

The Fool: Its Called Continental Philosophy! and post-modernsim and Ideology.

Its obvious they are irrational predications.

Perception is inherent in cosmic possibilities"
"Interdependence inspires quantum life"
"Hidden meaning is serving your own evolution"
"Freedom heals self-righteous knowledge".

The Fool: and religion
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 1:42:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Fool: and spirituality
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 7:00:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/19/2012 1:26:41 PM, tulle wrote:
LOL So rude.

How so? The dude spouts gibberish and passes it off as being enlightened. To me, that's rude.
Aaronroy
Posts: 749
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 1:30:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
"The cosmos requires self-righteous space time events"

Sounds like something Carl Sagan would say
turn down for h'what
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 1:50:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
All I see here is the potential for absurd, and therefore awesome, debate resolutions.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 1:58:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 1:50:10 AM, Oryus wrote:
All I see here is the potential for absurd, and therefore awesome, debate resolutions.

haha

want to debate:

"Imagination requires an abundance of space time events"?

or

"Evolution heals unique sensations"?

or

"Your movement serves quantum facts"?

or

"Rats are horses"?

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Chopra actually said all of those...
Debate.org Moderator
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 2:04:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 1:58:40 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 6/20/2012 1:50:10 AM, Oryus wrote:
All I see here is the potential for absurd, and therefore awesome, debate resolutions.

haha

want to debate:

"Imagination requires an abundance of space time events"?

or

"Evolution heals unique sensations"?

or

"Your movement serves quantum facts"?

or

"Rats are horses"?

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Chopra actually said all of those...

"Awareness serves cosmic sexual energy"
Done and done.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 2:15:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 1:58:40 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 6/20/2012 1:50:10 AM, Oryus wrote:
All I see here is the potential for absurd, and therefore awesome, debate resolutions.

haha

want to debate:

"Imagination requires an abundance of space time events"?

or

"Evolution heals unique sensations"?

or

"Your movement serves quantum facts"?

or

"Rats are horses"?

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Chopra actually said all of those...

Rats are horses?! LOL No, let's do: 3+1=5.

Check these out:

"The invisible projects onto subtle possibilities."

"Orderliness is beyond quantum sexual energy."

"Intuition gives rise to ephemeral energy."

But... are you sure you want to do a semantics debate with me? :P
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 2:18:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/19/2012 7:00:52 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/19/2012 1:26:41 PM, tulle wrote:
LOL So rude.

How so? The dude spouts gibberish and passes it off as being enlightened. To me, that's rude.

The Fool: You can do it with anything:

lollypop dreams filled with asperations and legends of the of the masses.

This is post-modernism philosopph Is.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 2:19:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 2:15:45 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 6/20/2012 1:58:40 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 6/20/2012 1:50:10 AM, Oryus wrote:
All I see here is the potential for absurd, and therefore awesome, debate resolutions.

haha

want to debate:

"Imagination requires an abundance of space time events"?

or

"Evolution heals unique sensations"?

or

"Your movement serves quantum facts"?

or

"Rats are horses"?

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Chopra actually said all of those...

Rats are horses?! LOL No, let's do: 3+1=5.

Check these out:

"The invisible projects onto subtle possibilities."

"Orderliness is beyond quantum sexual energy."

"Intuition gives rise to ephemeral energy."

But... are you sure you want to do a semantics debate with me? :P

haha no, I concede in advance.
Debate.org Moderator
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 2:50:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 2:18:45 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 6/19/2012 7:00:52 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/19/2012 1:26:41 PM, tulle wrote:
LOL So rude.

How so? The dude spouts gibberish and passes it off as being enlightened. To me, that's rude.

The Fool: You can do it with anything:

lollypop dreams filled with asperations and legends of the of the masses.

The Fool:
Spiritual lagoons of the mist, wallowing in the haze of fortune and misfortune. It is this engagment which souls seek, with loving laughter, while whisping with beauty.
Here they then shine bright as the sensation of suns, seemingly awoken at the birth of life. For this very special moment, they had imagined for eternity before their rise to stars silhouetting the poka dots across the darkness; that mystical ignorance which awated them. For tales could not even tell of adventures to be forgoten while known only to themselves, waiting patiently for the discovery of prudent minds who chase miricles deep in the depths which lie beyond all realms of fascination.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 4:26:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 2:50:32 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 6/20/2012 2:18:45 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 6/19/2012 7:00:52 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/19/2012 1:26:41 PM, tulle wrote:
LOL So rude.

How so? The dude spouts gibberish and passes it off as being enlightened. To me, that's rude.

The Fool: You can do it with anything:

lollypop dreams filled with asperations and legends of the of the masses.


The Fool:
Spiritual lagoons of the mist, wallowing in the haze of fortune and misfortune. It is this engagment which souls seek, with loving laughter, while whisping with beauty.
Here they then shine bright as the sensation of suns, seemingly awoken at the birth of life. For this very special moment, they had imagined for eternity before their rise to stars silhouetting the poka dots across the darkness; that mystical ignorance which awated them. For tales could not even tell of adventures to be forgoten while known only to themselves, waiting patiently for the discovery of prudent minds who chase miricles deep in the depths which lie beyond all realms of fascination.

This makes me feel warm and fuzzy ^_^

Do you perchance have a series of uplifting books about life that I could spend my money on?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 5:25:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 4:26:15 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 6/20/2012 2:50:32 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 6/20/2012 2:18:45 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 6/19/2012 7:00:52 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/19/2012 1:26:41 PM, tulle wrote:
LOL So rude.

How so? The dude spouts gibberish and passes it off as being enlightened. To me, that's rude.

The Fool: You can do it with anything:

lollypop dreams filled with asperations and legends of the of the masses.


The Fool:
Spiritual lagoons of the mist, wallowing in the haze of fortune and misfortune. It is this engagment which souls seek, with loving laughter, while whisping with beauty.
Here they then shine bright as the sensation of suns, seemingly awoken at the birth of life. For this very special moment, they had imagined for eternity before their rise to stars silhouetting the poka dots across the darkness; that mystical ignorance which awated them. For tales could not even tell of adventures to be forgoten while known only to themselves, waiting patiently for the discovery of prudent minds who chase miricles deep in the depths which lie beyond all realms of fascination.

This makes me feel warm and fuzzy ^_^

Do you perchance have a series of uplifting books about life that I could spend my money on?

The Fool: I was going to say Girls love this. To pick on you imparticular, but also with the notion that there is some truth to that. On average woman are much more intuitivly attracted to that of sensations, rather then pure dry rigour of pure reason. (logic, math, geometry etc.) I plan on blending the two, in 'professional works' to prove that is passion and reason are not opposites but necessary complimentaries to for the maximum progress of Humanity. But without it becoming irrational or idealogic. Mind you I am a teleologist. (I have good arguments for it though)

It a complicated thesis. The jest of it is that passion is motivation and the rationality is the organization. And together we get an acceleration of progress.

Progress?
In maximizing life quality of humanity, and perfecting the efficiency of science in all senses or the term. To solve world/enviriomental problems, increasing the efficieny of the use of resources, preping for exploration and migration into space, and setting up the next generation to continue and progress on and on...

Ahh this are foolish dreams. You may laugh at that now, but that is what it means to be the fool.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 10:33:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 7:45:41 AM, drafterman wrote:
Lol. I should do a debate tournament with all of the resolutions being Deepak Chopra generated quotes.

If you made the perimeters, I would most likely join. Though I'm going out of town mid-july for a couple weeks so that might interfere :/
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 10:37:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 5:25:05 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 6/20/2012 4:26:15 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 6/20/2012 2:50:32 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 6/20/2012 2:18:45 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 6/19/2012 7:00:52 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/19/2012 1:26:41 PM, tulle wrote:
LOL So rude.

How so? The dude spouts gibberish and passes it off as being enlightened. To me, that's rude.

The Fool: You can do it with anything:

lollypop dreams filled with asperations and legends of the of the masses.


The Fool:
Spiritual lagoons of the mist, wallowing in the haze of fortune and misfortune. It is this engagment which souls seek, with loving laughter, while whisping with beauty.
Here they then shine bright as the sensation of suns, seemingly awoken at the birth of life. For this very special moment, they had imagined for eternity before their rise to stars silhouetting the poka dots across the darkness; that mystical ignorance which awated them. For tales could not even tell of adventures to be forgoten while known only to themselves, waiting patiently for the discovery of prudent minds who chase miricles deep in the depths which lie beyond all realms of fascination.

This makes me feel warm and fuzzy ^_^

Do you perchance have a series of uplifting books about life that I could spend my money on?

The Fool: I was going to say Girls love this. To pick on you imparticular, but also with the notion that there is some truth to that. On average woman are much more intuitivly attracted to that of sensations, rather then pure dry rigour of pure reason. (logic, math, geometry etc.) I plan on blending the two, in 'professional works' to prove that is passion and reason are not opposites but necessary complimentaries to for the maximum progress of Humanity. But without it becoming irrational or idealogic. Mind you I am a teleologist. (I have good arguments for it though)

It a complicated thesis. The jest of it is that passion is motivation and the rationality is the organization. And together we get an acceleration of progress.

Progress?
In maximizing life quality of humanity, and perfecting the efficiency of science in all senses or the term. To solve world/enviriomental problems, increasing the efficieny of the use of resources, preping for exploration and migration into space, and setting up the next generation to continue and progress on and on...

Ahh this are foolish dreams. You may laugh at that now, but that is what it means to be the fool.

Yeeeeeah.... I didn't actually find it uplifting at all. I was 100% joking. But good on you for finding a creative way to insult me/women in general in a random thread about Deepak Chopra quotes :)
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 11:39:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 10:33:53 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 6/20/2012 7:45:41 AM, drafterman wrote:
Lol. I should do a debate tournament with all of the resolutions being Deepak Chopra generated quotes.

If you made the perimeters, I would most likely join. Though I'm going out of town mid-july for a couple weeks so that might interfere :/

Perimeters? Why perimeters? Do you have something against circumferences?
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 11:40:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 10:48:10 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Which one is the true quote? I'll guess either the first or the last.

The third:

"Whatever relationships you have attracted in your life at this moment, are precisely the ones you need in your life at this moment. There is a hidden meaning behind all events, and this hidden meaning is serving your own evolution."
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 11:40:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 11:39:23 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/20/2012 10:33:53 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 6/20/2012 7:45:41 AM, drafterman wrote:
Lol. I should do a debate tournament with all of the resolutions being Deepak Chopra generated quotes.

If you made the perimeters, I would most likely join. Though I'm going out of town mid-july for a couple weeks so that might interfere :/

Perimeters? Why perimeters? Do you have something against circumferences?

A circumference killed my father.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 11:47:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 11:40:20 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/20/2012 10:48:10 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Which one is the true quote? I'll guess either the first or the last.

The third:

"Whatever relationships you have attracted in your life at this moment, are precisely the ones you need in your life at this moment. There is a hidden meaning behind all events, and this hidden meaning is serving your own evolution."

Goodness. I saw this quote last night. He must get sick a lot, being so full of sh1t and all...
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 11:50:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
There are a lot of people like him in India, except they are called Sadhus. They give a bad name to all of the needy people on the streets because they are lethargic pseudointellectuals who just guzzle all of the funds that could be sent to people who need money. For the most part, they live their lives as beggars and peddle fake cures/curse people who don't give them money.

My dad went to medical school in India, and one of his classmates actually left his position as a doctor and became a Sadhu simply because it was more profitable.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 11:53:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 11:50:55 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
There are a lot of people like him in India, except they are called Sadhus. They give a bad name to all of the needy people on the streets because they are lethargic pseudointellectuals who just guzzle all of the funds that could be sent to people who need money. For the most part, they live their lives as beggars and peddle fake cures/curse people who don't give them money.

My dad went to medical school in India, and one of his classmates actually left his position as a doctor and became a Sadhu simply because it was more profitable.

Any connection with those wackos that portray themselves as subsisting only on air? (Breathairians?)
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 11:56:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 10:37:18 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 6/20/2012 5:25:05 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 6/20/2012 4:26:15 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 6/20/2012 2:50:32 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 6/20/2012 2:18:45 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 6/19/2012 7:00:52 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/19/2012 1:26:41 PM, tulle wrote:
LOL So rude.

How so? The dude spouts gibberish and passes it off as being enlightened. To me, that's rude.

The Fool: You can do it with anything:

lollypop dreams filled with asperations and legends of the of the masses.


The Fool:
Spiritual lagoons of the mist, wallowing in the haze of fortune and misfortune. It is this engagment which souls seek, with loving laughter, while whisping with beauty.
Here they then shine bright as the sensation of suns, seemingly awoken at the birth of life. For this very special moment, they had imagined for eternity before their rise to stars silhouetting the poka dots across the darkness; that mystical ignorance which awated them. For tales could not even tell of adventures to be forgoten while known only to themselves, waiting patiently for the discovery of prudent minds who chase miricles deep in the depths which lie beyond all realms of fascination.

This makes me feel warm and fuzzy ^_^

Do you perchance have a series of uplifting books about life that I could spend my money on?

The Fool: I was going to say Girls love this. To pick on you imparticular, but also with the notion that there is some truth to that. On average woman are much more intuitivly attracted to that of sensations, rather then pure dry rigour of pure reason. (logic, math, geometry etc.) I plan on blending the two, in 'professional works' to prove that is passion and reason are not opposites but necessary complimentaries to for the maximum progress of Humanity. But without it becoming irrational or idealogic. Mind you I am a teleologist. (I have good arguments for it though)

It a complicated thesis. The jest of it is that passion is motivation and the rationality is the organization. And together we get an acceleration of progress.

Progress?
In maximizing life quality of humanity, and perfecting the efficiency of science in all senses or the term. To solve world/enviriomental problems, increasing the efficieny of the use of resources, preping for exploration and migration into space, and setting up the next generation to continue and progress on and on...

Ahh this are foolish dreams. You may laugh at that now, but that is what it means to be the fool.

Yeeeeeah.... I didn't actually find it uplifting at all. I was 100% joking. But good on you for finding a creative way to insult me/women in general in a random thread about Deepak Chopra quotes :)

The Fool: I know it was ridiculas, because it was deviod of rationaly content. The whole point was to demonstrate that its complete nonsense. I don't think anyone is that simple. That is the point of the thread right.? But I was saying that if you put them incoherence with reason, and add actual objects possible for such predication. It would make the a well of a different. And the extreme opposite is like 1+1=2 but this alone is also meaningless, again if I don't apply it to objects of consciousness.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 11:56:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 11:53:41 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/20/2012 11:50:55 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
There are a lot of people like him in India, except they are called Sadhus. They give a bad name to all of the needy people on the streets because they are lethargic pseudointellectuals who just guzzle all of the funds that could be sent to people who need money. For the most part, they live their lives as beggars and peddle fake cures/curse people who don't give them money.

My dad went to medical school in India, and one of his classmates actually left his position as a doctor and became a Sadhu simply because it was more profitable.

Any connection with those wackos that portray themselves as subsisting only on air? (Breathairians?)

Some of them do that. There are so many different types of frauds in India :p

http://en.wikipedia.org...