Jump to topic:

Communitarianism

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 12:40:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I just started watching Sandel's Justice course online, so I will be studying Communitarianism soon. I was wondering if there are any adherents of the philosophy on DDO. If so, can you discuss your beliefs?
TheOrator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 12:45:05 PM
At 6/19/2012 12:40:35 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I just started watching Sandel's Justice course online, so I will be studying Communitarianism soon. I was wondering if there are any adherents of the philosophy on DDO. If so, can you discuss your beliefs?

I've heard of it, but from what I've heard it just sounds like small-scale communism. I'm fairly sure I've developed this conclusion based on biased info, so would you mind explaining it better or giving me a link to some relevant information?
My legend begins in the 12th century
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 12:45:08 PM
The Fool: I could take about it alright but I am anti-fundementalism
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 12:47:28 PM
At 6/19/2012 12:45:05 PM, TheOrator wrote:
At 6/19/2012 12:40:35 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

I've heard of it, but from what I've heard it just sounds like small-scale communism. I'm fairly sure I've developed this conclusion based on biased info, so would you mind explaining it better or giving me a link to some relevant information?

I'm not exactly sure that it's Communism.

Just look up Michael Sandel.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 12:49:32 PM
Here's some good information: [http://lmgtfy.com...]
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 12:55:08 PM
any Demorepublitarians here?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 12:57:19 PM
I think it's a legitimate value. But it's just that, a value.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 1:05:20 PM
The Fool: there are Humans here
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL