Foundationism Vs coherentism

The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 7:45:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
which one is better?
who is a coherentist? and who is foundationalist? (I hate these labels.)

I should say who believes in coherentism and who believes in foundationism understanding of knowledge. And why?

Which one is Cooler? <(8P)
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Reason_Alliance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 8:08:21 PM
At 7/1/2012 7:45:40 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
which one is better?
who is a coherentist? and who is foundationalist? (I hate these labels.)

I should say who believes in coherentism and who believes in foundationism understanding of knowledge. And why?

Which one is Cooler? <(8P)

I like coherentism as cooler, but foundationism as as better understanding of knowledge since it includes coherentism as well. I think coherentism also doesn't lead to fruitful discovery yet foundationalism does (more often anyway) ... I like this topic, btw!
Nome
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 2:50:21 AM
At 7/4/2012 6:19:26 PM, Websterremembered wrote:
At 7/3/2012 5:51:43 PM, Nome wrote:
There is no foundation anywhere.
There is no coherence anywhere.

the mind?

There is no mind.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2012 3:41:28 PM

the mind?

The Fool: Exactly!.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 3:05:53 AM

freedo is that you?
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 3:40:35 AM
At 7/9/2012 3:41:28 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

the mind?

You'e both idiots.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 9:51:48 AM
At 7/10/2012 3:40:35 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 7/9/2012 3:41:28 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

the mind?

You'e both idiots.

The Fool: I agree, But I would agree even more surley upon you proof, if you would be so kind?
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 1:46:11 PM
The Fool: I Bumb this because it is a big one. If philosophy is the persuit of knowledge. All of knowledge rest on this difference. To skip this and continue on about knowledge is to put the cart before the horse.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 5:02:02 AM
Bump