Jump to topic:

Foolish Memories P1

The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 11:35:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Fool: One of the things I learned from a professor and I will never forget was a time in second level, moral philosopohy class. It was the last class before a before the final exam. And after the class, when we were preparing to leave. He yells out at us. "And remember I don't give a fvck about what you think!". I laughed hard but the students didn't like that.(mind you I was a mature student) The 'idea' is what it really doesn't matter what you think or belief or what you have to 'SAY' in a critical philosophy, it matters what you CAN ARGUE FOR. Aka what you could logically defend. If you can't WHO CARES. As people are waking out the door of the class. He yells again" and for GOd SAKES MAKE SENSE!."

Thoughts? to mean? honest? cruel?
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 11:42:39 PM
The Fool: That guy
http://www.philosophy.uottawa.ca...

I forgot another line I will remember.

"If you say anywhere in your paper that Kants imparitive(treat people as end and not merly means) is trumped of version of "the golden rule" of Jesus. (do on to others as you would want them to do on to you)
I promise I will bring you paper to class in front of everybody here and I will BURN it. I will literally set fire to it and we will all watch it burn!!!"
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 7:23:17 PM
At 7/14/2012 11:35:43 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: One of the things I learned from a professor and I will never forget was a time in second level, moral philosopohy class. It was the last class before a before the final exam. And after the class, when we were preparing to leave. He yells out at us. "And remember I don't give a fvck about what you think!". I laughed hard but the students didn't like that.(mind you I was a mature student) The 'idea' is what it really doesn't matter what you think or belief or what you have to 'SAY' in a critical philosophy, it matters what you CAN ARGUE FOR. Aka what you could logically defend. If you can't WHO CARES. As people are waking out the door of the class. He yells again" and for GOd SAKES MAKE SENSE!."

Thoughts? to mean? honest? cruel?

When I was a freshman talking Political Science 101 (four years ago, lol) at the end of the last lecture he gave, to a class of more than 300 students he said:

"My generation brought us to the current status quo. Do your best not to fvck it up any more than we did."

The class laughed, probably because this was the first time they heard a Ph.D. use the "f" word.
Tsar of DDO