DDO Reality Survey!!!!

The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 2:10:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Fool: What is real?
Choose you world?…. What do you think is the real, the true, the subsidence of existence?

The Positivist:
-Claims the only thing that is real or true is objects of physical sense perception.
(hmm not even the perception itself is real. Hmm?)
Think Russell

The Idealist:
- Claims the only things that are real or true are the perceptions.
(Don't look away because it's gone. Well then how do things remain? Because God is looking at everything keeping it there. hhmmmm)
Think Berkley

Transcendental idealism:
-claims everything is real; it's rather a matter of categorizing experiences.
(oh come on, everything, is real? but what about illusions. Who would think foolish things! )
Think Kant

The Substance Duellist:
There are two separate types of Realities/existences. Physical and Mental. And they can be completely Different. That is mind can ‘float' on its own.
(Yet somehow they interact, how convenient)
Think The Carts. (Descartes)

The Buddhist:
All particular are illusions. Its real just one massive Brahma!!
(Life sucks let's just die, and die for good this time!)
What is your world??????
Think Gautama

Pascal: you have to choose!!

You don't have to defend your REALITY I just want to survey:
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 3:58:26 AM
At 7/15/2012 3:38:52 AM, FREEDO wrote:
The Surrealist

Legit answer.

The Fool: in what sense is it a reality.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 3:59:11 AM
At 7/15/2012 3:50:35 AM, Kinesis wrote:
Good lord none of those. I've no idea what reality is fundamentally made of.

The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 4:00:13 AM
The Fool: I made sure to insult every view equally.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 4:06:22 AM
At 7/15/2012 3:58:26 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Surrealist

Legit answer.

In what sense is this a question?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 4:09:21 AM
The Positivist.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 4:18:50 AM
At 7/15/2012 4:06:22 AM, FREEDO wrote:
The Surrealist

Legit answer.

The Fool: what is the substant of the universe.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 4:21:20 AM
At 7/15/2012 4:18:50 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 7/15/2012 4:06:22 AM, FREEDO wrote:
The Surrealist

Legit answer.

The Fool: what is the substant of the universe.

The Surrealis tis fine you just have to tell me its meta-physical position.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 4:48:09 AM
Who's this The_Fool_on_the_hill guy? He doesn't know anything about philosophy. I've read a few posts now, and each one is filled with obnoxious philosophical errors. I hope he is banned soon.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 5:47:37 AM
At 7/15/2012 3:59:11 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

No, you have to choose with Pascal's wager because the choice is A or ¬A. You're giving me the Options A, B, C, D or E. There are many, many other options you haven't listed.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 12:33:44 PM
At 7/15/2012 4:21:20 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

No I don't.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 4:46:11 PM
At 7/15/2012 5:47:37 AM, Kinesis wrote:

No, you have to choose with Pascal's wager because the choice is A or ¬A. You're giving me the Options A, B, C, D or E. There are many, many other options you haven't listed.

The Fool: Its a Joke
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 4:47:06 PM
At 7/15/2012 4:48:09 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Who's this The_Fool_on_the_hill guy? He doesn't know anything about philosophy. I've read a few posts now, and each one is filled with obnoxious philosophical errors. I hope he is banned soon.

The Fool: aawww Thanks.. <(8O)
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 4:48:11 PM
The Fool: I did put effort into insulting each position equally. Is that what is stopping people.. lol
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 4:52:29 PM
At 7/15/2012 12:33:44 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/15/2012 4:21:20 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

No I don't.

The Fool: Bastard!
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 5:30:24 PM
At 7/15/2012 10:27:49 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I don't know. I can't make a die-hard metaphysical claim without epistemic warrant. All I can really work out is that I can apparently sense stuff; except, my senses are often mysterious in their operation or extremely deceptive, so...

The FOol: so you should go wil Idealism..
or confusion, ..
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 5:31:04 PM

The Fool: Good list them
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 6:13:23 PM
At 7/15/2012 5:30:24 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 7/15/2012 10:27:49 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I don't know. I can't make a die-hard metaphysical claim without epistemic warrant. All I can really work out is that I can apparently sense stuff; except, my senses are often mysterious in their operation or extremely deceptive, so...

The FOol: so you should go wil Idealism..
or confusion, ..

The Fool: I mean to say Confusionism. <(89)
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 6:24:32 PM
At 7/15/2012 5:31:04 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

Physicalism, neutral monism, hylomorphism, panpsychism, and nihilism.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 7:05:01 PM
At 7/15/2012 6:24:32 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Physicalism, neutral monism, hylomorphism, , and nihilism.

Hylomorphism: is just a form of physicalism
panpsychism: all matter having a mental component, is ultimate answer of reality.
neutral monism: is covered under trancendental idealism.
Nihilsm: has no reality because well it doesn't exist.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 7:20:18 PM
The Idealist.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 7:21:45 PM
Opps edit

At 7/15/2012 7:05:01 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 7/15/2012 6:24:32 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Physicalism, neutral monism, hylomorphism, , and nihilism.

Hylomorphism: is just a form of physicalism
panpsychism: all matter having a mental component, is no and ultimate answer of reality.
neutral monism: is covered under trancendental idealism.
Nihilsm: has no reality because well it doesn't exist.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 9:46:34 PM
At 7/15/2012 4:47:06 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 7/15/2012 4:48:09 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

The Fool: aawww Thanks.. <(8O)

<3 you boo
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 12:07:31 AM
At 7/15/2012 2:10:49 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: What is real?
Choose you world?…. What do you think is the real, the true, the subsidence of existence?

The Positivist:
-Claims the only thing that is real or true is objects of physical sense perception.
(hmm not even the perception itself is real. Hmm?)
Think Russell

Bertrand Russel leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but I'm inclined to side with the positivists nevertheless.

The Idealist:
- Claims the only things that are real or true are the perceptions.
(Don't look away because it's gone. Well then how do things remain? Because God is looking at everything keeping it there. hhmmmm)
Think Berkley

The aforementioned school of thought holds in their ranks among the most renowned producers of intellectually stimulating literature.

Transcendental idealism:
-claims everything is real; it's rather a matter of categorizing experiences.
(oh come on, everything, is real? but what about illusions. Who would think foolish things! )
Think Kant

Bahh.

The Substance Duellist:
There are two separate types of Realities/existences. Physical and Mental. And they can be completely Different. That is mind can ‘float' on its own.
(Yet somehow they interact, how convenient)
Think The Carts. (Descartes)

I understand Descartes under the influence of hallucinogens. With that said, I would love to discuss Descartes with Timothy Leary...

The Buddhist:
All particular are illusions. Its real just one massive Brahma!!
(Life sucks let's just die, and die for good this time!)
What is your world??????
Think Gautama

I do not know enough of this to offer a genuinely witty witticism in response.

You don't have to defend your REALITY I just want to survey:
Tsar of DDO
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 6:22:27 PM
You completely got Buddhism all wrong. I thought you were a philosophy major?

Buddhists don't believe in Brahma. The only time scripture mentions Brahma is to reject it.

Buddhists don't believe life sucks. Buddhists view life as something beautiful. Notice the Buddhist Lotus flower imagery.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat