Jump to topic:

Critical thinking P1

The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 4:38:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Fool: The Cart Man tells it like it is!

On Method; of the sciences. Rene Descartes

The first was never to accept anything as true that I did not plainly know to be such ; that is to say, carefully to avoid hasty judgement and prejudice; and to include noting more in my judgments than what presented itself to my mind so clearly and so distinctly that I had no occasion to call it in doubt.

The second, to divide each of the difficulties I would examine into as many parts as possible and as was required in order better to resolve them.

The third, to conduct my thougthts in an orderly fashion, by commencing with those objects that are simplest and easiest to know, in order to ascend little by little, as by degrees, to the knowledge of the most compostie things, and by supposing an order even amoung those things that do not naturally predede one another.

And the last, everywhere to make enumerations so complete and reviews to general that I was assured of having ommited nothing." Rene Descartes. Discourse on Method for Conductin One's Reason Well and for Seekin the truth in the sciences;.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2012 11:17:10 AM
bump
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 12:43:23 AM
The Fool: Bump.. Just really important message.