Jump to topic:

Is continental philosophys a Joke?

The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 5:37:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Fool: I really try to find rationality. But Hegel and after it becomes completely irrational. Why should it be called philosophy when it only has created harm war and Athiest Religious Ideologies.

The Fool: Is there anything Good, that it has done. what problem has it solved? Its destroyed our langauge. ITs the realization Of The Temple of Bable. Its create a fallacious Social Science. Its destroyed the credibility for philosophy in general. But it never was of philosophy but of idealogies which are based off nothing you bastards.. you hurt us, bad..
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 4:05:14 PM
At 7/28/2012 5:37:44 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: I really try to find rationality. But Hegel and after it becomes completely irrational. Why should it be called philosophy when it only has created harm war and Athiest Religious Ideologies.

The Fool: Is there anything Good, that it has done. what problem has it solved? Its destroyed our langauge. ITs the realization Of The Temple of Bable. Its create a fallacious Social Science. Its destroyed the credibility for philosophy in general. But it never was of philosophy but of idealogies which are based off nothing you bastards.. you hurt us, bad..

*bumb*
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 10:16:24 PM
The Fool: Awww, I was expecting a rage of irrational Ideologist.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 12:17:04 AM

1. "It" has not "created war." And, even in cases where it could be esoterically linked to war or whatever, one cannot pretend that analytic philosophy has never been similarly influential.

2. "It" has not "created harm." See above.

3. Continental philosophy does not coincide with militant atheism. Plenty of continentals are functionally atheistic, but don't concern themselves with the God debate.

The Fool: Is there anything Good, that it has done.

What does that question even mean? It's not like philosophers are judged by how many soup kitchens they volunteer at. Continental philosophy does its part to inform one's approach to thought, and it's helped me a lot to deal with the world and take steps from naked nihilism to a redemptive, fulfilled nihilism.

what problem has it solved? Its destroyed our langauge.

No it hasn't. You're just too stubborn to learn the language. I mean, hell--analytic and continental philosophers alike arbitrarily stipulate and redefine to get their points across.

ITs the realization Of The Temple of Bable. Its create a fallacious Social Science. Its destroyed the credibility for philosophy in general. But it never was of philosophy but of idealogies which are based off nothing you bastards.. you hurt us, bad..

Sounds like someone is just butthurt, because none of that is an argument.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 12:36:28 AM

So, your unfounded claims are interestin' and all, but how about making an actual argument. As it stands, this is a rant.

For instance, how has it destroyed our language? How does it destroy the credibility of philosophy?
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 12:43:32 AM
At 7/29/2012 12:36:28 AM, Wnope wrote:

So, your unfounded claims are interestin' and all, but how about making an actual argument. As it stands, this is a rant.

For instance, how has it destroyed our language? How does it destroy the credibility of philosophy?

It's peculiar because OP's grasp of the english language seems tenuous never mind his ability to understand the esoteric prose of many of the continentals. I'm thinking maybe OP has read them in some other language like french? Wouldn't it be funny if the minute he switched to french the_fool became a philosophical genius.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 1:02:50 AM
At 7/29/2012 12:43:32 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:

It's peculiar because OP's grasp of the english language seems tenuous never mind his ability to understand the esoteric prose of many of the continentals. I'm thinking maybe OP has read them in some other language like french? Wouldn't it be funny if the minute he switched to french the_fool became a philosophical genius.

Considering his content, I sometimes suspect English actually is Fool's first and only language.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 1:42:13 AM
At 7/29/2012 1:02:50 AM, Wnope wrote:

Considering his content, I sometimes suspect English actually is Fool's first and only language.

THe Fool: What are you basing this on ans what is your motviation of this. Hate again.. I will make a post tommorow I am doing to bed. you Crazy Ideologists.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 1:49:24 AM

The Fool: have I not always givings proofs. why are you pretendin like I would here.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 1:53:26 AM
At 7/29/2012 1:49:24 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Fool: have I not always givings proofs. why are you pretendin like I would here.

Because you posted the OP and hours later "BUMPED" it without adding any content.

When you say something that makes this anything but a rant, I'll stop saying it's a rant.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 2:02:24 AM

His content? How the fvck do you form that conclusion? This I must hear!
Tsar of DDO
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 2:06:19 AM
At 7/29/2012 2:02:24 AM, YYW wrote:

Don't get your panties in a bunch, I was being as serious as OMG was about Fool switching to french and becoming a genius.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 2:14:42 AM
The Fool: who cares about you wnope. YOu critablity have been shot
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 2:17:49 AM
At 7/29/2012 2:14:42 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: who cares about you wnope. YOu critablity have been shot

Lol... he never had any credibility to shoot.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 2:19:34 AM
At 7/29/2012 2:06:19 AM, Wnope wrote:

Don't get your panties in a bunch, I was being as serious as OMG was about Fool switching to french and becoming a genius.

I still want to hear your reasons for this crock of horse sh!t:

Care to justify yourself or is it just your general practice to toss around nonsense like piss in the wind?
Tsar of DDO
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 8:52:26 PM
At 7/29/2012 2:19:34 AM, YYW wrote:
At 7/29/2012 2:06:19 AM, Wnope wrote:

I still want to hear your reasons for this crock of horse sh!t:

Care to justify yourself or is it just your general practice to toss around nonsense like piss in the wind?

So, I tell you I'm not serious, and your response is to once again ask me to prove a point I wasn't actually trying to make?

Interesting reading comprehension skills.

Or are you simply interested in being antagonistic to defend the oh-so-intellectually-credible Fool on a Hill, known wide and far for his ability to clearly communicate to other human beings coherent philosophical points. I'd call it a circle jerk on your part, but I believe that necessitates at least three people, and you are the only one here defending Fool.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 8:54:01 PM
I find it interesting that Fool took the time to talk about my credibility, but he hasn't taken the time to turn his rant into an actual argument.