Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Identity.

jedipengiun
Posts: 169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 7:14:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
This video should replace all the words Be with Pee. It would be more mint. :)

Anyhow! How should we define people, because like him the words "be yourself" confuse me. Recently, i've decided to change everything about me, but is that me?

I need to know different philosophical positions on identity. Because I know nothing, close to nothing, on identity.
Things that make me happy!

: At 6/22/2012 1:46:11 PM, Kinesis wrote:
: Also, as an Englishman I'm obligated to be prejudiced against gingers and the French.

: At 8/27/2012 10:00:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
: Every self-respecting philosopher needs to smoke a pipe.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 4:03:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 7:14:27 AM, jedipengiun wrote:


This video should replace all the words Be with Pee. It would be more mint. :)

Anyhow! How should we define people, because like him the words "be yourself" confuse me. Recently, i've decided to change everything about me, but is that me?

I need to know different philosophical positions on identity. Because I know nothing, close to nothing, on identity.

The Fool: That is what existentialism is,,,Lol.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
jedipengiun
Posts: 169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 4:42:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 4:03:50 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 7/28/2012 7:14:27 AM, jedipengiun wrote:


This video should replace all the words Be with Pee. It would be more mint. :)

Anyhow! How should we define people, because like him the words "be yourself" confuse me. Recently, i've decided to change everything about me, but is that me?

I need to know different philosophical positions on identity. Because I know nothing, close to nothing, on identity.

The Fool: That is what existentialism is,,,Lol.

Thought it might have been.
Things that make me happy!

: At 6/22/2012 1:46:11 PM, Kinesis wrote:
: Also, as an Englishman I'm obligated to be prejudiced against gingers and the French.

: At 8/27/2012 10:00:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
: Every self-respecting philosopher needs to smoke a pipe.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 2:01:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://en.wikipedia.org...
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 6:24:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 7:14:27 AM, jedipengiun wrote:

This video should replace all the words Be with Pee. It would be more mint. :)

Anyhow! How should we define people, because like him the words "be yourself" confuse me. Recently, i've decided to change everything about me, but is that me?

I need to know different philosophical positions on identity. Because I know nothing, close to nothing, on identity.

Never forget that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater