Jump to topic:

Zombie Apocolaypse.

jedipengiun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 4:28:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
In a zombie apocalypse what is the best philosophy or strategy to take?

I thought about it and I figured that it would probably be kill as many zombie's as it is feasibly possible whilst attempting to remain alive in order to kill more zombie's.
That way, it's very likely that the zombie's will become extinct very quickly.
Assume that 50% of the population turn to zombie's before we become aware of what has happened. At this point Everybody only needs to kill a single zombie for them to be extinct. Assume that in the process of killing them 50% of them are themselves killed and turned into zombie's. Now everybody needs to kill 2 zombie's each which is very likely.
The weakest that were on the planet prior to the invasion, can be said to pretty much be dead now.
We have the strongest 25% of the population alive and all they have to do, is kill 4 zombie's each to ensure that zombie's become extinct.

The biggest two problems that exist in this apocalyptic world are egoist's and human emotions.
Even the egoist, provide useful in the long term depending on how many non-zombie's they kill.
The human emotion problem is, in my opinion the worst. It's our emotions that can (sometimes atleast) provide problems with the rational or reason put forward. Typically the is/ought gap plays a role because of emotion. Think of it, you ought to kill a zombie, a zombie that was once a person you vowed to look after and care for. How would you act? It would be rational to kill them, except the sentimental aspect of how you identify them will get in the way and you will question why you ought to be rational. This will be supported through human bias such as negativity bias and pessimism.
Do you agree with what i'm saying or is this the wrong strategy to take?

Zombie Ethics and Zombie Politics is going to be the future.
Things that make me happy!

: At 6/22/2012 1:46:11 PM, Kinesis wrote:
: Also, as an Englishman I'm obligated to be prejudiced against gingers and the French.

: At 8/27/2012 10:00:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
: Every self-respecting philosopher needs to smoke a pipe.
jedipengiun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 6:07:58 PM
At 7/30/2012 4:55:21 PM, tarkovsky wrote:
The strongest 25% need only kill 3 zombies, not 4, assuming no zombies have been already killed.

My thinking was that the ratio being 3:1, and if people kill 3 zombie's and then are killed/die themselves then the entire race dies out. I wasn't looking to break even.
Things that make me happy!

: At 6/22/2012 1:46:11 PM, Kinesis wrote:
: Also, as an Englishman I'm obligated to be prejudiced against gingers and the French.

: At 8/27/2012 10:00:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
: Every self-respecting philosopher needs to smoke a pipe.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 7:18:36 PM
What if 20pi of the population turned to zombies? The irrational horror!

And more specifically, the problems aren't with zombies existing but with zombie buildup. All of asia would fall very quickly, apart from possibly Japan, which would create 2 billion zombies all steamrolling Europe, or going other the Bearing Straits.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 8:13:29 PM
While escaping to your mountains home, shoot and run over as many zombies as possible.

Then live at the house

And you might have to eat the dog

And that would suck
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
tarkovsky
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 8:33:45 PM
At 7/30/2012 6:07:58 PM, jedipengiun wrote:
At 7/30/2012 4:55:21 PM, tarkovsky wrote:
The strongest 25% need only kill 3 zombies, not 4, assuming no zombies have been already killed.

My thinking was that the ratio being 3:1, and if people kill 3 zombie's and then are killed/die themselves then the entire race dies out. I wasn't looking to break even.

What? If 25% of the people have to kill 4 zombies each that gives us 100% of the total population with the survivors (25%) left unaccounted for. Either they kill 3 a piece of somebody is getting some zombie action.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 8:39:53 PM
The Fool: but they can use the powers of zen on them. Which will allow them to use mind control on the zombie because they don't have any. So using these jedi mind tricksm they can pray to Jesus to ask mohamed, to send the alien spirits(alien breath air) to get ask the scientologist to give them some of all thier money to build the zombies a state of their own in on the Island of japan.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL