Jump to topic:

A Foolish philosophy

The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 12:01:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Fool: Reading some Spinoza today, I ran into a challage to my understaning of the universe. And it gave me confusion. It always good to here the view of others that may see something which I am over looking. I Feels likes it so obvious but I am baffled right now.

My problem is this, if the universe is made up of general and particulars. Bodies and parts or Particles.

Form which direction do causes and effect come about?

Does is go from Micro to Macro or macro to Micro? But then its also goes from macro to macro. and mircro to micro. It seems to me right now upon reflect that everything is going every which a way.

I am making myself confused. In other words what would we say is a general universal order?
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 7:56:57 PM
At 8/8/2012 12:01:38 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: Reading some Spinoza today, I ran into a challage to my understaning of the universe. And it gave me confusion. It always good to here the view of others that may see something which I am over looking. I Feels likes it so obvious but I am baffled right now.

My problem is this, if the universe is made up of general and particulars. Bodies and parts or Particles.

Does is go from Micro to Macro or macro to Micro? But then its also goes from macro to macro. and mircro to micro. It seems to me right now upon reflect that everything is going every which a way.

I am making myself confused. In other words what would we say is a general universal order?

cause doesn't flow one way..
Time is an illusion..

everything is inter-dependant...

Everything is the way it is b/c everything else is the way it is.

;)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 7:58:30 PM
At 8/8/2012 7:56:57 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 8/8/2012 12:01:38 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

cause doesn't flow one way..
Time is an illusion..

everything is inter-dependant...

Everything is the way it is b/c everything else is the way it is.

;)

and.. it all, alltogether, is the way it is.. Just because :)

This is the song that never ends!
Yes it goes on and on my friends :)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 8:34:59 PM
There have been some published papers recently in philosophy of science, specifically that harp on the butter fly effect and generally chaos theory. Some are interesting, others are less so.
Tsar of DDO
SkySh0w
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 2:18:05 AM
I don't know the lexicon being discussed but the question of cause and effect reversing seems answerable enough.

Time can flow in two directions if the laws of nature turn to their opposites.

For example:

If a plate falls on the floor and breaks then particles are scattered. Every projectile from the plate is influenced by the laws of nature.

The pieces may hit each other in mid air and make each other move and be influenced by gravity. If the pieces would start experiences the opposite of the laws involved then the pieces would rise and interact with each other in the exact opposite ways ending up being equivalent to the past but not actually going to the past, just recreating it.

It would be like throwing a plate at the ground would take a lot of force because it would amount to the potential energy to rise it back and put it back together again.