Jump to topic:

Anything interesting, Anything

jedipengiun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 7:27:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I start university soon and i'm studying philosophy (woop woop) after studying it for two years. And I want to have a head start on everything interesting.
Is there anything interesting philosophically that you think I should know?
I'm genuinely asking for anything, from why the cogito in cogito ergo sum is not certain, to proudhon's property is theft being a self-refuting statement, to inductive reasoning and it's problems, to munnchausen trilemma and how to tackle it.
What are the problems of black swan theory (my favourite theory)?
Why is the cogito not certain?
Is feminism non-sense and is it too malleable?
Things that make me happy!

: At 6/22/2012 1:46:11 PM, Kinesis wrote:
: Also, as an Englishman I'm obligated to be prejudiced against gingers and the French.

: At 8/27/2012 10:00:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
: Every self-respecting philosopher needs to smoke a pipe.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 1:11:20 AM
The Fool: I will debate in the Cognito being Certain.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 1:13:51 AM
At 9/9/2012 1:11:20 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Fool: Tip is you hav to ask why something is not. It makes it sound like you have nothing argument to push forward?
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
jedipengiun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 6:33:54 AM
At 9/9/2012 1:13:51 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 9/9/2012 1:11:20 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Fool: Tip is you hav to ask why something is not. It makes it sound like you have nothing argument to push forward?

I don't know enough on the topic to debate it. I don't know much about it.
Things that make me happy!

: At 6/22/2012 1:46:11 PM, Kinesis wrote:
: Also, as an Englishman I'm obligated to be prejudiced against gingers and the French.

: At 8/27/2012 10:00:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
: Every self-respecting philosopher needs to smoke a pipe.