Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

violence is the answer

Smithereens
Posts: 8,346
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 6:34:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
think about it, when hasn't it worked????????
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017

Debate challenge 'Solipsism is false:' http://www.debate.org...
If God were real... http://www.debate.org...
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,749
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 9:24:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
What's the question?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 9:28:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2012 6:34:44 AM, Smithereens wrote:
think about it, when hasn't it worked????????

Malcom X: The ballot and the Bullet
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
FREEDO
Posts: 21,868
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 11:58:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
"Worked" towards what ends?
I AM THE CHOSEN ONE
I AM THE GRAND POOBAH OF DDO
I AM THE BOOGIE MAN
I AM THE REAL LIFE SANTA CLAUSE
I AM THE PARADOXICAL ZEBRA PRANCING THROUGH THE GRASSY PLANES YOUR COGNITIVE EXPERIENCE
I AM THE REINCARNATION OF THE DEAD DREAMS OF HUMANITY
I AM THE DISH WHO RAN AWAY WITH THE SPOON
I am your friend.
emospongebob527
Posts: 790
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 2:51:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The Holocaust, that accomplished nothing.
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 2:52:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2012 2:51:30 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:
The Holocaust, that accomplished nothing.

It accomplished killing a bunch of people.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 2:53:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2012 2:51:30 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:
The Holocaust, that accomplished nothing.

Yes. Nuclear weapons were invented because of that war, and that led to world stability :D
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
emospongebob527
Posts: 790
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 4:03:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2012 2:52:48 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/12/2012 2:51:30 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:
The Holocaust, that accomplished nothing.

It accomplished killing a bunch of people.

Meaning, it didn't answer anything positively.
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,157
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 4:04:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2012 2:52:48 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/12/2012 2:51:30 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:
The Holocaust, that accomplished nothing.

It accomplished killing a bunch of people.

I think he's saying that since it failed to kill all the jews, it effectively accomplished nothing. I didn't know AMTY was such a racist, but whatev's.
I'm just a cro magnon masquerading as one of you.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 4:17:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2012 4:04:58 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 10/12/2012 2:52:48 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/12/2012 2:51:30 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:
The Holocaust, that accomplished nothing.

It accomplished killing a bunch of people.

I think he's saying that since it failed to kill all the jews, it effectively accomplished nothing. I didn't know AMTY was such a racist, but whatev's.

lol, how am I a racist?

It's factually false that the Holocaust accomplished nothing. It accomplished something. Whether or not that something is a desirable outcome is irrelevant.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
sadolite
Posts: 10,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 8:58:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
In many cases it is the only answer. Diplomacy only works if someone is open to diplomacy. Diplomacy is useless if a individual would just as soon rape your wife, kill your children and cut your head off.
Beware of the people who are in your circle but are not in your corner.

And with the stroke of a pen people 18 to 21 who own a gun became criminals and public enemy #1 having committed no crime and having said nothing. Just like the Jews in Germany during WW2. Must be a weird feeling.

When I hear people crying and whining about their first world problems I think about the universe with everything in it and people in wheelchairs and all of their problems go away.
Several_Ingredients
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2012 6:21:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's funny how this exceedingly vague thread had a Godwin pulled on it, and now we're talking about Jewish people and the holocaust.
Smithereens
Posts: 8,346
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 12:34:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2012 6:21:44 AM, Several_Ingredients wrote:
It's funny how this exceedingly vague thread had a Godwin pulled on it, and now we're talking about Jewish people and the holocaust.

It was inevitable, now, im not proposing that violence be used to solve all our issues, just that it be recognised as a tactic that has never failed.
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017

Debate challenge 'Solipsism is false:' http://www.debate.org...
If God were real... http://www.debate.org...
CrazyPerson
Posts: 1,114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 12:34:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/14/2012 12:34:15 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 10/13/2012 6:21:44 AM, Several_Ingredients wrote:
It's funny how this exceedingly vague thread had a Godwin pulled on it, and now we're talking about Jewish people and the holocaust.

It was inevitable, now, im not proposing that violence be used to solve all our issues, just that it be recognised as a tactic that has never failed.

Never failed to do what, though?
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
airmax1227
Posts: 13,896
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 12:52:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/14/2012 12:34:58 AM, CrazyPerson wrote:
At 10/14/2012 12:34:15 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 10/13/2012 6:21:44 AM, Several_Ingredients wrote:
It's funny how this exceedingly vague thread had a Godwin pulled on it, and now we're talking about Jewish people and the holocaust.

It was inevitable, now, im not proposing that violence be used to solve all our issues, just that it be recognised as a tactic that has never failed.

Never failed to do what, though?

Violence has never failed to get the majority of people to pay their taxes... unless it has.
Debate.org Moderator
CrazyPerson
Posts: 1,114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 12:53:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/14/2012 12:52:27 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 10/14/2012 12:34:58 AM, CrazyPerson wrote:
At 10/14/2012 12:34:15 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 10/13/2012 6:21:44 AM, Several_Ingredients wrote:
It's funny how this exceedingly vague thread had a Godwin pulled on it, and now we're talking about Jewish people and the holocaust.

It was inevitable, now, im not proposing that violence be used to solve all our issues, just that it be recognised as a tactic that has never failed.

Never failed to do what, though?

Violence has never failed to get the majority of people to pay their taxes... unless it has.

It has never failed to entertain.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
airmax1227
Posts: 13,896
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 12:57:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/14/2012 12:53:13 AM, CrazyPerson wrote:
At 10/14/2012 12:52:27 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 10/14/2012 12:34:58 AM, CrazyPerson wrote:
At 10/14/2012 12:34:15 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 10/13/2012 6:21:44 AM, Several_Ingredients wrote:
It's funny how this exceedingly vague thread had a Godwin pulled on it, and now we're talking about Jewish people and the holocaust.

It was inevitable, now, im not proposing that violence be used to solve all our issues, just that it be recognised as a tactic that has never failed.

Never failed to do what, though?

Violence has never failed to get the majority of people to pay their taxes... unless it has.

It has never failed to entertain.

That's certainly true.
Debate.org Moderator
Smithereens
Posts: 8,346
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 1:31:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/14/2012 1:22:30 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Violence isn't the answer.

It's the question. And the answer is "fvck yes".

lol smart. ;P
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017

Debate challenge 'Solipsism is false:' http://www.debate.org...
If God were real... http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Posts: 8,346
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 1:31:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2012 11:58:31 AM, FREEDO wrote:
"Worked" towards what ends?

To any resolution in anyone's favour
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017

Debate challenge 'Solipsism is false:' http://www.debate.org...
If God were real... http://www.debate.org...
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,749
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2012 6:38:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/14/2012 1:31:43 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 10/12/2012 11:58:31 AM, FREEDO wrote:
"Worked" towards what ends?

To any resolution in anyone's favour

Nonsense.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2012 7:57:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2012 6:34:44 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Violence is the answer

Not always the Best answer..

sometimes it can be counter-productive.. but it's definitely on the table :o)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
YYW
Posts: 45,767
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2012 9:06:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/14/2012 1:22:30 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Violence isn't the answer.

It's the question. And the answer is "fvck yes".
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2012 7:10:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/14/2012 1:31:02 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 10/14/2012 1:22:30 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Violence isn't the answer.

It's the question. And the answer is "fvck yes".

lol smart. ;P

Seriously, some of our best technology came from fighting wars. Why not violence?
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2012 2:43:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2012 2:53:42 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 10/12/2012 2:51:30 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:
The Holocaust, that accomplished nothing.

Yes. Nuclear weapons were invented because of that war, and that led to world stability :D

Do you honestly think the world is stable?