Jump to topic:

Dream Thread

Samuelstinger91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 2:34:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Dreams. The frontier that is not bound by the word "final". There is no end to the type of dream you can have. Happy dreams. Sad dreams. Scary dreams. All types. But could they be something more?

I have taken many classes and thoroughly studied the human mind, and my main focus is dreams. I can pick apart dreams, and see what they mean. I have helped people find answers to patterns in their dreams and what certain ones might mean.

So, this thread is pretty important. Please comment about a certain dream you've had, or message me, and I might be able to help. I am simply fascinated by dreams and would love to help!

Please comment!
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 10:42:01 AM
At 10/14/2012 2:34:13 AM, Samuelstinger91 wrote:
Dreams. The frontier that is not bound by the word "final". There is no end to the type of dream you can have. Happy dreams. Sad dreams. Scary dreams. All types. But could they be something more?

I have taken many classes and thoroughly studied the human mind, and my main focus is dreams. I can pick apart dreams, and see what they mean. I have helped people find answers to patterns in their dreams and what certain ones might mean.

So, this thread is pretty important. Please comment about a certain dream you've had, or message me, and I might be able to help. I am simply fascinated by dreams and would love to help!

Please comment!

I had a dream that I was in a combination of my high school and college in which i had been permanently banned from, but i was sitting in a class hoping not to be noticed anyway. The teacher asked me to stay after class and asked why i was there and then offered me some oxycontin which i refused. We then went to lunch together where a group of cops noticed me and began to run towards me.

I ran out of the building and which led out into the streets of NYC where i ran through a long series of alleyways until i ran right into a large dude in front of a bank. He fell over and a glock 9mm pistol fell out of his coat onto the ground which I quickly retrieved. At this point i was outside the bank, and 3 large men were approaching me, 2 with their own guns drawn. I shot and killed all three and entered the nearest car to me which happened to be my mothers car with the keys in the ignition. I sped off, crossed a bridge and entered the state of Florida, where I proceeded to drive to band practice.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2012 2:26:19 AM
My dream are almost always lucid. Though I may be aware that I'm dreaming and be making conscious decisions, they still seem to be constantly absurd. Indeed, my dreams are overwhelmed with absurdity. They are even sometimes accompanied with what you may call "psychedelic experiences".

About a week ago, I had a dream where I was hovering over my bed horizontally and a radically unknown sensation came over me. It seemed as though I wasn't exactly seeing with my eyes and I was seeing with broader degree than usual, with no focus point. There was also a somewhat bouncing feeling to it.

There was a dream I had which I thought about writing down here with that first one, soon after I had them. I remember it was quite profound. But now I've lost it. I remember there being some sort of significance around a woman who had to tell me something.

There's a reoccurring sensation I've had in dreams which I have only felt outside of dreams after smoking tobacco and closing my eyes. Though I felt this in my dreams long before smoking. The easiest way to describe it is an intense "thickness".

My earliest childhood memory (if it isn't a fake memory) is of a reoccurring dream I had about jumping out of crib for fun. The rush I got from the jump was always an overwhelming feeling inside my gut. So overwhelming that it was almost unpleasant. I've had it many times but not any time recently.

One of the single most psychonautic experiences I've ever had was while dreaming. The whole dream was incredibly bizarre. I have no idea what caused it but it was the most lucid dream I have ever had. Unbelievably lucid. It felt just as real as my experience typing right now, yet, at the same time, I knew more well than ever that I was dreaming. This ended up becoming something very horrible when I was tortured later in the dream and felt very real pain. I remember thinking that something terrible must be actually happening to my body for this to happen. So I frantically tried to wake myself up, not just to stop the pain but to save myself. I wasn't able to wake up though(and I never did find anything wrong with me to cause the pain). However, through intense focus, I was able to teleport myself somewhere else. But none of that is even the weird part. The weirdest thing is what happened right after that. I realized the incredible importance of the situation I was in. I refocused myself on the very experience. I entered another state of mind. While there, I swear that I could feel two very separate and distinct selves. One was the dream me and one was me lying in bed (or what I imagined was). It was extraordinary.

Then, let's not forget, following my experience with marijuana, I've had many dreams about it. The funny thing is, I've done a variety of substances in my dreams and marijuana is the only one which actually creates the real sensation. This is understandable, as thc is naturally occurring in your body and thc receptors are actually the most numerous receptors in your body. Another funny thing is that, in almost every instance in a dream, I will eat the marijuana rather than smoke it. That's pretty odd, considering I've only eaten it once and it was barely even enough to work.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
revdox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 12:25:02 AM
At 10/16/2012 9:07:19 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 10/15/2012 6:25:20 AM, Smithereens wrote:
can one hear sound in a dream?

Uh. Yes.

What is interesting is how out side sounds can affect your dreams. I used to fall asleep watching movies all the time. It made for some very interesting dreams. What is even more interesting is that my dreams would create a scenario using those sounds and it would never match the one from the movie.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 5:03:42 AM
At 10/17/2012 12:25:02 AM, revdox wrote:
At 10/16/2012 9:07:19 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Uh. Yes.

What is interesting is how out side sounds can affect your dreams. I used to fall asleep watching movies all the time. It made for some very interesting dreams. What is even more interesting is that my dreams would create a scenario using those sounds and it would never match the one from the movie.

I once woke up to realize that I was sleeping with my eyes open. The watched scenery steadily transform into what it really was while, at the same time, keeping it's basic features.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 7:46:32 AM
My dreams are never ever clear. They're just a bunch of unconnected blur. I feel I'm missing out on all of these hyperreal dreams :(
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Samuelstinger91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:54:38 PM

Yes you can. You know how you can replay a song you can hear in your head, or you read a quote by morgan freeman and think it in his voice? It is the same. You can hear things in your head, and since dreams happen in your head, it is the same.
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 12:18:10 AM
I had a dream last night that i was riding a horse (I don't ussually engage in much activity with our equine friends) and at first the horse wouldn't listen to me but by the end he was being really good and was going really fast. Then I got off to feed fish in a lake and my little brother appeared and dropped my Macbook Pro in a puddle.

Any ideas?
These are not the droids you're looking for.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:05:13 AM
At 10/18/2012 12:18:10 AM, ObiWan wrote:
I had a dream last night that i was riding a horse (I don't ussually engage in much activity with our equine friends) and at first the horse wouldn't listen to me but by the end he was being really good and was going really fast. Then I got off to feed fish in a lake and my little brother appeared and dropped my Macbook Pro in a puddle.

Any ideas?

Don't trust your little brother around electronics.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 12:15:37 AM
Written in my dream log:
"Dreamt I was on a cruise ship. It was carrying rare fish in a low gravity area. Met a girl named Molly. She was a musician. The ship sank but we lived. She managed to call me somehow even though I never gave her my number."
"Dream started as dingo and her looking for somewhere to build a dome for their product to debate in with other companies. Then it changed to warhorse taking me to his dads huge house where there were ps4s. Then it went back to her and I was lost so we went to the same house that she said was her dads and she had an Alienware then I went to the bottom of the house and saw totalbiscuit and others playing the ps4s and the game was some kind of flying mech fighter then her dad used his phones gps to find the hotel then on the walk back she told me that her parents died and she lived with her grandparents then I went back to the hotel and I woke up.
Her name was something like "Barie" or something but I know it started with a b."

I also distinctly remember a recurring dream from my childhood which involved a demonic rabbit chasing me through a bright and colorful world.

^ typing that made me remember a few more:
I was in the shower and I had like wolverine claws and I kept scraping them against the glass to write something while chanting...

Another one is one set in a house that had a sliding glass door to the backyard. The dream just kept restarting and restarting when I died. Ok, so I had to lock both sides of the door before something that looked like the Slenderman with wolverine claws (again) got in. As soon as he got in, the dream would reset and I would have to rush to the door again.
The creature was surrounded by a sort of black mist. It was creepy as hell.
I never did wake up because of a dream though.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 12:21:56 AM
At 10/19/2012 12:15:37 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
Written in my dream log:
"Dreamt I was on a cruise ship. It was carrying rare fish in a low gravity area. Met a girl named Molly. She was a musician. The ship sank but we lived. She managed to call me somehow even though I never gave her my number."
"Dream started as dingo and her looking for somewhere to build a dome for their product to debate in with other companies. Then it changed to warhorse taking me to his dads huge house where there were ps4s. Then it went back to her and I was lost so we went to the same house that she said was her dads and she had an Alienware then I went to the bottom of the house and saw totalbiscuit and others playing the ps4s and the game was some kind of flying mech fighter then her dad used his phones gps to find the hotel then on the walk back she told me that her parents died and she lived with her grandparents then I went back to the hotel and I woke up.
Her name was something like "Barie" or something but I know it started with a b."

I also distinctly remember a recurring dream from my childhood which involved a demonic rabbit chasing me through a bright and colorful world.

I was in the shower and I had like wolverine claws and I kept scraping them against the glass to write something while chanting...

Another one is one set in a house that had a sliding glass door to the backyard. The dream just kept restarting and restarting when I died. Ok, so I had to lock both sides of the door before something that looked like the Slenderman with wolverine claws (again) got in. As soon as he got in, the dream would reset and I would have to rush to the door again.

You keep a dream log too? That's awesome.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 12:47:15 AM
At 10/19/2012 12:21:56 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
Written in my dream log:

By "dream log" I mean the two dreams I wrote down on my iphone. I barely ever remember my dreams.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 1:47:38 AM
At 10/19/2012 12:47:15 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
Written in my dream log:

By "dream log" I mean the two dreams I wrote down on my iphone. I barely ever remember my dreams.

Oh, I keep a notebook beside my bed and write down my dreams every time I wake up... weird, I know.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 1:49:44 AM
"Oh, I keep a notebook beside my bed and write down my dreams every time I wake up... weird, I know."
That seems like it would be fairly interesting. I would do that if I could remember my dreams more often.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 1:58:13 AM
At 10/19/2012 1:49:44 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
"Oh, I keep a notebook beside my bed and write down my dreams every time I wake up... weird, I know."
That seems like it would be fairly interesting. I would do that if I could remember my dreams more often.

Well the trick is to do it as soon as you wake up, and without an alarm clock. I put a circle next to alarm-induced awakenings and a triangle next to natural awakenings. I've noticed that I barely, if at all, remember my dreams when I'm awakened by my alarm clock. On the other hand, I can write at least a paragraph on my natural awakenings. So yeah, alarm clock = bad memory
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 2:01:32 AM
At 10/19/2012 1:58:13 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 10/19/2012 1:49:44 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

Well the trick is to do it as soon as you wake up, and without an alarm clock. I put a circle next to alarm-induced awakenings and a triangle next to natural awakenings. I've noticed that I barely, if at all, remember my dreams when I'm awakened by my alarm clock. On the other hand, I can write at least a paragraph on my natural awakenings. So yeah, alarm clock = bad memory

I don't use alarms.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 6:19:54 AM
At 10/18/2012 12:18:10 AM, ObiWan wrote:

Any ideas?

Spend more time with horses.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 7:05:52 AM
At 10/19/2012 12:47:15 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
Written in my dream log:

Your efforts have inspired me :P tonight I hopefully begin my dream log
These are not the droids you're looking for.
Samuelstinger91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 2:06:36 PM
Written in my dream log:

Hm. This is interesting. Would you like me to help you dissect this dream for you?
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 3:03:26 PM
At 10/19/2012 2:06:36 PM, Samuelstinger91 wrote:
Written in my dream log:

Hm. This is interesting. Would you like me to help you dissect this dream for you?

Why not?
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 2:04:50 PM
I dreamt I ate corn. I'm serious.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 2:20:11 PM
At 10/24/2012 2:04:50 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
I dreamt I ate corn. I'm serious.

You will die if you leave your house on an odd-numbered day for which the following night will have a full moon.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 5:58:46 PM
Dream I had last night:

A friend and I were chilling out with the scientists Richard Dawkins, Michio Kaku, and A.C. Grayling. We were impersonating intellectuals, meaning physically my friend and I appeared like some famous intellectuals (don't know who) though our voices sounded the same as usual. Still, the other scientists didn't detect who we really were. Suddenly, my friend tells Richard Dawkins, who is driving (we're all in a car, and we're in England) that we have to get to New York City asap. So Dawkins starts driving us through this ever-ascending, futuristic looking bus terminal extremely high above the ground, to drop us off somewhere that will take us to NYC. We're all very silent as this is going on; when I suddenly say something, Dawkins shushes me, and I say "come on Richard, just because we're in England doesn't mean we're not allowed to talk." Verbatim quote of what I said in my dream - I wrote this all down immediately after waking up.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 6:33:38 PM
I am not kidding about this...

But I very rarely remember any dreams EXCEPT the ones I have about the zombie apocalypse. I have a lot of dreams about fighting zombies.

What does that mean?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 7:01:03 PM
At 10/25/2012 6:33:38 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I am not kidding about this...

But I very rarely remember any dreams EXCEPT the ones I have about the zombie apocalypse. I have a lot of dreams about fighting zombies.

What does that mean?

Do you survive in your dreams?
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush