Jump to topic:

Degree of Reality, What is "IS"?

Seremonia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 9:04:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Consider that we have five senses, and because of these we can perceive things.

We don't know the farthest boundary of something, we just know something because we perceive it as far as ourselves.

If there is "IS", then this "IS" is as far as "IS" limits our perceptions. Or 'IS" is as far as we can perceive a part of "IS" itself.

If we saw "a stone" then we perceive "a stone" through our seeing. This was one of the way we could perceive "a stone". But for someone else which could perceive even wider, by seeing and touching "a stone", then "a stone" will become more realistic than for someone that could only perceive "a stone" through seeing.

This is what i call "degree of an IS" for ourselves. "A stone" is and "IS", but it has different degree of acceptance to our perception which may differ to others. And different degree of perceiving something has relation with different consequences.

For someone that has no ability to perceive "a stone" for the rest of their life but only by seeing " a stone", then someone can only perceive "a stone" AS REAL AS FAR AS the level of seeing with the consequences that relevant to "seeing".

It asserts that if we perceive something within dream realm through touching and even more, then we are already being limited by this thing, then this thing must be considered as reality, in the sense that, part of ourselves can be limited by the consequences of it, relevantly.

Somehow, if we are limited by a thing AT LEAST with the same consequences (whether through reality or illusion), then actually there is no different in between reality and illusion, including dream realm (in the sense that illusion is another reality).

So, which one is more real? "IS" within dream realm or "IS" on our waking life? Actually it depends on how far for the "IS" in between both realm can limit our perception.

If "IS" in between both realms can limit our perception (whether we can see it or we can touch it or even more) then the "IS" is as real as it "IS".

What makes us degrading dream realm, it's because our life is mostly within our waking life rather than on dream realm.

If somehow we are living within dream realm even longer, then eventually we will anticipate the consequences within dream realm by making adjustment on our interaction on dream realm. At this stage, we may consider that "IS" in this dream realm is real in the sense that our actions can be limited by it's consequences within dream realm. And we will take the consequences within dream realm seriously.

So, rather than admitting "IS" as real as measured by empirical experience on our waking life, better we admit "IS" as far as the "IS" can limit us in any possible means to our perception.

This acceptance will put us on condition where we can consider any possible things, relevantly and we can (adjust by) take(ing) appropriate responses.

Rather than considering there is illusion, we better assert that (it's another reality and) there is only reality as far as we can perceive it. It's degree of reality.

Sure, we can use the term "illusion", but at least we know the truth (proper) understanding behind it, to make us to be able to anticipate different realm.

What about knowledge. Is knowledge real? How do we deal with this understanding? Knowledge is real as far as we can perceive it, in the sense that, just by knowing it, it would be less real, than perceiving it even wider than just knowing it. Further through experience we can justify for how real a knowledge can be considered, more real than previous.

What is "IS"?

- "IS" is real as far as how far we can perceive the "IS".
I am free not because I have choices, but I am free because I rely on God with quality assured!
Seremonia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 9:25:15 PM
At 11/15/2012 9:04:57 PM, Seremonia wrote:

What is "IS"?

- "IS" is real as far as how far we can perceive the "IS".

- "IS" is What limits us
I am free not because I have choices, but I am free because I rely on God with quality assured!
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 6:22:30 PM
I will try a different approach with you this time.

Look at this question "What is IS?" Now, can you tell me what's wrong with it?
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
Seremonia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 8:03:01 PM
At 11/16/2012 6:22:30 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
I will try a different approach with you this time.

Look at this question "What is IS?" Now, can you tell me what's wrong with it?

I can't tell you, since i don't know (yet). Can you tell me? Please do so. I will be open minded.
Seremonia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 10:48:21 PM
Yes FREEDO, just about now, but i don't know where to start, to relate on my understanding.
Cometflash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 6:58:17 PM
Is hard to say, as you pointed we have 5 senses, but how many senses are there? Looking at other animals, and studding them, we know that the 5 senses aren't the only senses to exist, and who knows how many possible senses there could be and how differently it would shape the word if we could possess them all.

Maybe this is why we struggle to understand many things, maybe we are just not capable of doing so.

Perception is very tricky and can vary from person to person, even when two or more possess the same senses, the perception can still vary greatly from one another.
Now I wonder... is there any way one could compare what one perceive? I cannot see the possibility of such. So it result in my assumption that every perception is unique.
When I say this, it doesn't necessary means we see something completely different (well I guess in a way it is), is like if we both look at the same rock, we would see a rock, but the shape, color, etc, would vary slightly, and this assuming we can see it at the exact same angle.
Seremonia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 8:29:07 PM
At 11/17/2012 5:28:26 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Good. Read more. You'll eat up everything he says.

Hail Eris.

Hehehe, thanks :)
Seremonia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 9:22:43 PM
At 11/17/2012 6:58:17 PM, Cometflash wrote:
Is hard to say, as you pointed we have 5 senses, but how many senses are there? Looking at other animals, and studding them, we know that the 5 senses aren't the only senses to exist, and who knows how many possible senses there could be and how differently it would shape the word if we could possess them all.

Maybe this is why we struggle to understand many things, maybe we are just not capable of doing so.

Perception is very tricky and can vary from person to person, even when two or more possess the same senses, the perception can still vary greatly from one another.

Hi,

Yes

Now I wonder... is there any way one could compare what one perceive? I cannot see the possibility of such. So it result in my assumption that every perception is unique.

By providing the same level of justification, through reasoning and experiences. AT LEAST, hopefully we can get one or several agreement.

But most of the time (by default) our life are mostly fulfilled with the same level of justification, and that's why we (as human) can have several agreement in between us.

When I say this, it doesn't necessary means we see something completely different (well I guess in a way it is), is like if we both look at the same rock, we would see a rock, but the shape, color, etc, would vary slightly, and this assuming we can see it at the exact same angle.

Yes