The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2012 9:46:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Fool:

Who is the man behind the Madness:

Is it Popper, Bacon, Hume, or am I Faking? I don't even know the answer to you?

"it is a particular and perpetual error of the human intellect to be more moved and excited by affirmatives, then by negative , whereas it ought properly to hold itself indifferently disposed towards both alike. indeed, in the establishment of any true axiom, the negative instincts is the more forcible of the two."

????????????????????????????????????????????????????
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2012 10:34:08 PM
At 11/24/2012 10:14:29 PM, badger wrote:
I like you.

The Fool: Touche.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2012 1:09:45 AM
At 11/24/2012 10:34:08 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 11/24/2012 10:14:29 PM, badger wrote:
I like you.

The Fool: Touche.

The Fool: Does any body else contest the badger?

Oh come on, are the inferior badgers beating us? are you really going to let the badger win. As Racist who is of mixed Races, I have royal problems, um,, which are all the badgers fault. In other words-------------------------->
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2012 3:23:18 PM
Hume
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2012 3:42:13 PM
At 11/25/2012 3:23:18 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Hume

The Fool: The badger was right. ..

But Popper and Hume, make the same type arguments. So it was a tricky one.

But Francs Bacon said it ahead of them.
Francis Bacon, New Organon (1620) section 45
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2012 3:46:01 PM
"it is a particular and perpetual error of the human intellect to be more moved and excited by affirmatives, then by negative , whereas it ought properly to hold itself indifferently disposed towards both alike. indeed, in the establishment of any true axiom, the negative instincts is the more forcible of the two."
Francis Bacon, New Organon (1620) section 45
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2012 3:46:16 PM
I just said that because I have no idea what the question was.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2012 4:07:48 PM
At 11/25/2012 3:46:16 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

The Fool: Okay I will make to give more explanation, it was geared toward scientific methodology, I had a certain set of people in mind. But I will try and make it ,more available for the general DDO population.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2012 4:08:50 PM
At 11/25/2012 4:07:48 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 11/25/2012 3:46:16 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

fixed
The Fool: Okay I will make sure to give more explanation, it was geared toward scientific methodology, I had a certain set of people in mind. But I will try and make it ,more available for the general DDO population.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2012 6:39:04 PM
At 11/24/2012 9:46:32 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool:

Who is the man behind the Madness:

Is it Popper, Bacon, Hume, or am I Faking? I don't even know the answer to you?

????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Francis Bacon said that, Hume said "Francis, what a girly name", and Popper said "I yam what I yam".
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater