Jump to topic:

Truth

jedipengiun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 5:40:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
How much do you value truth? I was asked this in one of my seminar's and I was shocked at how much I realised how much truth is unimportant to me, maybe it's my moods recently, and it's only temporary, but I'm more than happy to be lied too. Truth isn't something that I value. Weird.

How much do you value truth?
Things that make me happy!

: At 6/22/2012 1:46:11 PM, Kinesis wrote:
: Also, as an Englishman I'm obligated to be prejudiced against gingers and the French.

: At 8/27/2012 10:00:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
: Every self-respecting philosopher needs to smoke a pipe.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 5:49:35 PM
At 11/29/2012 5:40:23 PM, jedipengiun wrote:
How much do you value truth? I was asked this in one of my seminar's and I was shocked at how much I realised how much truth is unimportant to me, maybe it's my moods recently, and it's only temporary, but I'm more than happy to be lied too. Truth isn't something that I value. Weird.

If I told you I'd be lying.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 8:29:40 PM
That depends. In trying to be an intellectually honest person, I value truth a lot. But do I value what the truth ends up being? Mostly, no.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Seremonia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 11:31:05 PM
It's not about whether something must be considered to be the truth or there is a little bit righteousness on something that makes us interested to focus on an issue with a little bit more concern. Although this is one of the causes.

But what i am going to assert that, at least: sometimes value of something can be acknowledged by us after passing our basic instinct, when we realize how close for something can be perceived in any possible means. For example, bigger is more attractive than small (although it doesn't have to be like that), or animal tends to pay attention to another animal that screaming louder.

How close for something to us, it can be provided, at least: when somehow we found connection on our reasoning and this conclusion threatens our feelings (creates fear or tremendous feeling within ourselves, whatever it means for us personally, since we have different sensitiveness that can be lifted up to different intensity), then naturally we will be more concern to the issue.

It's relatively, but at least it's one of the kind. Our hope, that we can be attracted to the truth and it's because we can fulfill our (better) purposes, rather than because of our feeling being threatened.

- At least, as much as it can be closer to ourselves (whether through thinking or through connection emotionally). It's one of the kind that will make us realize about our responsibility or to realize about our uselessness which we did or to realize about something that we faced,

- Or, if it doesn't, then at least maybe it can put us (whether it's just for temporarily) to give a little bit more concern than previously (whether it can lead us to better understanding with fairness or just there is nothing we can do, or it just gave us a little bit shocking, but maybe later it's something for us to be considered, no matter how small it is).

It's not as easy as we said, but at least we know one of possible reasons behind this case. It's one of the kind.
I am free not because I have choices, but I am free because I rely on God with quality assured!