Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

Debate + last night experience = conclusion.

Cometflash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 2:38:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I had a debate of which I misread the word GOOD as the word GOD, completely failure on my part. I continue to discuss the subject anyways.

So anyway, we need bad to define good, and vice versa. So if bad and good are true things (which I have doubts about it), and one were to never had existed, we would never know the other exist.

Last night I was coming home using the express lane, and notice by looking at the side of the car, with the mirror window close, that I could not see those plastic poles that split the road. I could see them if I look forward, and if I look back, but could not see them if I look straight at it. Because of the speed of the car, that was somehow understandable, but what cause me to be even more astonish was the fact I could not see any disturbance by the car beside me. I was on the passenger side, so I could look in front of me, and see that the poles were high enough to obstruct the car. But yet, I saw no difference from when I saw the car with poles between us, or without any poles between us. It was like the poles were invisible.

So from the debate of good and bad, and from what I just witness last night, makes me wonder. What other things might exist that we are unable to see, even know those things we are unable to see is right in front of us, or with us (in the case good existing, but bad not existing, or vice versa)?

It is like a question with no possible answer. Not an answer any of us could give anyways...
Cometflash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 3:33:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/2/2012 2:43:35 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I disagree that such a binary is required to define either pole--if I have some pleasurable experience, my brain chemistry will be altered in such a way that I'll want to repeat the stimulus. It isn't necessary to define this experience in relation to some experience of which I want less.

You wouldn't be defining those experiences as being good, since you would never had experienced anything that was consider bad. It would just feel like is something that naturally occurs, and nothing beyond that.

Have you notice how hard is to define feelings? It feels like no matter how many words you use to describe, is like something is missing.
If you look at the definition of feelings, you find them to be what they attribute to, and not really what they really are.