Jump to topic:

Virginity

Jessalyn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 7:13:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
What do you consider the point at which a human loses their virginity? Also, does virginity really mean anything?
WARNING: Hitchslaps may become inflamed when accompanied by unceasing stupidity.
SovereignDream
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 7:23:41 PM
Virginity is lost when sexual intercourse is performed. By sexual intercourse, I mean, well, penetration and eventually ejaculation into the vagina. I'm not sure what you mean by whether virginity "means anything".
Jessalyn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 7:26:21 PM
At 1/25/2013 7:23:41 PM, SovereignDream wrote:
Virginity is lost when sexual intercourse is performed. By sexual intercourse, I mean, well, penetration and eventually ejaculation into the vagina. I'm not sure what you mean by whether virginity "means anything".

Well it differs a lot, you know, with religious views and such. It's such a non-concrete term, so some people put tons of value on it and others don't care about it at all.
WARNING: Hitchslaps may become inflamed when accompanied by unceasing stupidity.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 7:28:12 PM

What do you think about lesbians who never have sex with a man? Virgins for life?
yang.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 7:30:32 PM
At 1/25/2013 7:28:12 PM, tulle wrote:

What do you think about lesbians who never have sex with a man? Virgins for life?

I've always though a penetrative act of some kind (whether by aids or by orifice) was necessary for it to go from "mutual masturbation" to "sex" (in the context of virginity, anyway).
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Franz_Reynard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 7:39:14 PM
At 1/25/2013 7:13:03 PM, Jessalyn wrote:
What do you consider the point at which a human loses their virginity? Also, does virginity really mean anything?

A person loses his or her virginity when he or she acknowledges sexual intercourse with someone.

It is purely conceptual and has no real world meaning outside of the beliefs and perspectives of man.
SovereignDream
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 7:39:37 PM

Perhaps. It should be known that I believe that the use of the phrase "to have sex," in contemporary English, at least, is misused. Sexual intercourse, I would argue, is only constituted by penetration (if not ejaculation) into the vagina. Anything else, for example, a blowjob, anal, or two women fondling each other does not constitute as sexual intercourse, properly understood per se. In the case of the blowjob, it is not sex per se; it is just, well...this is awkward...a woman placing a penis in her mouth (I realize this example is heterosexual; that's on purpose). Similarly with anal. To be sure, these are, by nature, sexual acts. But they are not sexual intercourse per se. As with two men or two women sodomizing or fondling each other, these two are sexual acts as they involve the sexual organs, but are not sexual intercourse per se. In the case of two women (or whatever) fondling each other, that's just two women touching each other in the nether regions, for example. Hope that served to clarify.
GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 1:58:46 AM
At 1/25/2013 7:39:37 PM, SovereignDream wrote:

Perhaps. It should be known that I believe that the use of the phrase "to have sex," in contemporary English, at least, is misused. Sexual intercourse, I would argue, is only constituted by penetration (if not ejaculation) into the vagina. Anything else, for example, a blowjob, anal, or two women fondling each other does not constitute as sexual intercourse, properly understood per se. In the case of the blowjob, it is not sex per se; it is just, well...this is awkward...a woman placing a penis in her mouth (I realize this example is heterosexual; that's on purpose). Similarly with anal. To be sure, these are, by nature, sexual acts. But they are not sexual intercourse per se. As with two men or two women sodomizing or fondling each other, these two are sexual acts as they involve the sexual organs, but are not sexual intercourse per se. In the case of two women (or whatever) fondling each other, that's just two women touching each other in the nether regions, for example. Hope that served to clarify.

Well put.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
LatentDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 3:03:47 AM
Virginity is being in a of your life that you wish you could laid but can't.

For example: Jesus.
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

People who think they know everything are extremely irritating to those of us who do.

"If you believe in a god, just tell me why you don't believe in all the other gods. The reasons you give will be why I don't believe in yours." - Ricky THEGENIUS Gervais
LatentDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 3:04:05 AM
At 1/26/2013 3:03:47 AM, LatentDebater wrote:
Virginity is being in a state of your life that you wish you could laid but can't.

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

People who think they know everything are extremely irritating to those of us who do.

"If you believe in a god, just tell me why you don't believe in all the other gods. The reasons you give will be why I don't believe in yours." - Ricky THEGENIUS Gervais
Jessalyn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 4:06:11 PM
At 1/26/2013 3:03:47 AM, LatentDebater wrote:
Virginity is being in a of your life that you wish you could laid but can't.

Oh, come on. This is deeply offensive.
Jesus got laid every night. What else were his 12 disciples for?
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 4:12:16 PM
At 1/25/2013 7:39:37 PM, SovereignDream wrote:

Awesome. I'll let my friend who believes in being a virgin until marriage that it's ok for someone to suck him off- he'll still be a virgin because it's not actual sexual intercourse.

Ten points to Gryffindor for Franz's correct answer.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 4:20:54 PM
At 1/25/2013 7:39:14 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:

A person loses his or her virginity when he or she acknowledges sexual intercourse with someone.

It is purely conceptual and has no real world meaning outside of the beliefs and perspectives of man.

+1
SovereignDream
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 5:36:37 PM
At 1/29/2013 4:12:16 PM, Oryus wrote:
Awesome. I'll let my friend who believes in being a virgin until marriage that it's ok for someone to suck him off- he'll still be a virgin because it's not actual sexual intercourse.

Not so fast; while "sucking off" is not sexual intercourse, it is still a sexual act. Just because an act doesn't constitute sexual intercourse does not mean that the act is morally warranted (ie sodomy, fondling an 8 year old, etc., etc., etc.).
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 6:09:13 PM
What do you consider the point at which a human loses their virginity?

Virginity is the state of never having had sexual intercourse, so the point at which a human loded thier virginity would be when the have sexual intercourse.

Also, does virginity really mean anything?

By definition it means the person hasn't had sexual intercourse. But that isn' what you are asking is it?

Is this about the moral and ethincal aspects of losing your virginity, what it means to others whether or not you are a virgin? Are you asking about people's social attitudes toward virginity?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 7:44:56 PM
At 1/29/2013 5:36:37 PM, SovereignDream wrote:

Not so fast; while "sucking off" is not sexual intercourse, it is still a sexual act. Just because an act doesn't constitute sexual intercourse does not mean that the act is morally warranted (ie sodomy, fondling an 8 year old, etc., etc., etc.).

Therefore one need only commit a "sexual act" to lose one's virginity?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 7:48:27 PM
At 1/29/2013 7:44:56 PM, Oryus wrote:

As an avid advocate for the scientific method, the only way to determine this through double-blind studies with a statistically significant sample from the general population.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 7:49:31 PM
At 1/29/2013 7:48:27 PM, drafterman wrote:

As an avid advocate for the scientific method, the only way to determine this through double-blind studies with a statistically significant sample from the general population.

Obviously, we would need an operational definition for "virginity" first. ;)
:
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 7:51:05 PM
At 1/29/2013 7:49:31 PM, Oryus wrote:

Then the spankings and oral sex?

https://www.youtube.com...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 8:00:27 PM
At 1/29/2013 7:51:05 PM, drafterman wrote:

If you can secure the funding.
:
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 8:01:28 PM
At 1/29/2013 8:00:27 PM, Oryus wrote:

All I need is a video camera and it'll pay for itself.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 8:07:18 PM
I think losing ones virginity depends on that persons definition of sex.
If you're a lesbian and you only have lesbian sex, then your first lesbian sexual encounter would mark the loss of your virginity. It's like, a concept or some sh!t.
Losing your virginity doesn't necessarily mean you have heterosexual penetrative sex.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 8:08:27 PM
At 1/29/2013 8:01:28 PM, drafterman wrote:

http://24.media.tumblr.com...
:
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 8:10:41 PM
At 1/29/2013 8:08:27 PM, Oryus wrote:

http://netanimations.net...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 8:14:14 PM
At 1/29/2013 8:10:41 PM, drafterman wrote:

http://25.media.tumblr.com...
:
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 8:17:25 PM
At 1/29/2013 8:14:14 PM, Oryus wrote:

You know, my link contains a profanity so I can't even respond to this.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 8:18:14 PM

https://shootingpeople.org...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 10:24:06 PM
At 1/29/2013 8:18:14 PM, drafterman wrote:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com...
:
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 10:33:19 PM
At 1/29/2013 10:24:06 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/29/2013 8:18:14 PM, drafterman wrote:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 10:58:24 PM
Can I nominate this thread for anything? It deserves some kind of public ceremony.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...