Jump to topic:

being a satan

ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 9:50:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
is it really that bad to be a satanist...all we want is to live life to the fullest without serving (a) God(s) is that bad please tell me what you think
-keith-
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 10:55:24 AM
When you aggressively try to avoid taking a certain path, you are still a slave to that path.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 2:23:40 PM
At 2/27/2013 10:55:24 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
When you aggressively try to avoid taking a certain path, you are still a slave to that path.

I like that.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 2:24:21 PM
At 2/27/2013 9:50:38 AM, ockcatdaddy wrote:
is it really that bad to be a satanist...all we want is to live life to the fullest without serving (a) God(s) is that bad please tell me what you think

Living your life without serving a God is easy, you just don't do it, why do you think Satanism helps with that? If you don't want to live your life in association with a God, why the association with Satan, isn't that serving a supernatural character? In what ways do you think that helps you live life to the fullest?

Obviously, there aren't a lot of people who associate "good" with Satan, but your question is hard to assess without understanding it, don't think you provided enough information. It's your reasoning that can be good or bad,if you want our opinion then fill us in.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 2:25:17 PM
Is your first language one that doesn't include capitals and punctuation or do you do it on purpose?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 2:31:25 PM
I'm pretty sure you'll get through this eventually, ockcatdaddy.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 4:25:55 PM

No worse nor better than living life to the fullest without serving (a) God(s) but calling yourself an "Blankedy-Blank."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 4:51:56 PM
At 2/27/2013 9:51:17 AM, ockcatdaddy wrote:
any opinions are accepted i am not a judge therefore i will not judge you

I am a judge, and I judge you silly :)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 4:54:20 PM
also I thought there was only one satan? o.O
If you're a satan... I guess you're it??

They say you're not very nice, albeit.. I understand it's kind of a one-sided story..
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 7:57:10 PM

Being a satanist, atheist, or agnostic are all different things. An atheist is the appropriate title for what you are describing, not a satanist. A satanist would still be serving a god, even if that god is satan.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2013 1:29:19 AM
At 3/1/2013 2:23:40 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 2/27/2013 10:55:24 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

I like that.

Well, I like you.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
lit.wakefield
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 3:09:44 PM
At 3/1/2013 7:57:10 PM, pozessed wrote:

Being a satanist, atheist, or agnostic are all different things. An atheist is the appropriate title for what you are describing, not a satanist. A satanist would still be serving a god, even if that god is satan.

One can be all three simultaneously. There is such thing as a non-theistic Satanist. Most Satanists (at least those that I am familiar with) do not believe in the actual existence of Satan. If you mean they would somehow be enslaved to the symbol of Satan, I would ask that you elaborate.
"There are only two things in the world: nothing and semantics."
- Werner Erhard
ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 9:08:46 AM

you can be a satanist without worshiping Satan
-keith-
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 9:33:37 AM
At 3/5/2013 9:08:46 AM, ockcatdaddy wrote:
I can call myself a satanist without worshiping Satan

sure you can.. and other silly people can too :o)

Metaphysics:
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 10:43:20 AM

Please define satanist.
ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 10:50:16 AM
At 3/5/2013 10:43:20 AM, pozessed wrote:

Please define satanist.

The worship of Satan or the powers of evil
Dictionary.com .See all 1 definitions "

There are a number of different types of satanist. Most share an admiration for the character of, and even veneration of Satan or similar rebellious, promethean, and liberating figures. Other groups believe that Satan isn't a god & satanism is more like a lifestyle, others believe that they themselves are the source of power. Many groups believe the the devil is not evil & peoples opinions have been tainted by movies & literature

http://www.ask.com...
-keith-
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 11:33:48 AM
At 3/5/2013 10:50:16 AM, ockcatdaddy wrote:

Please define satanist.

There are a number of different types of satanist. Most share an admiration for the character of, and even veneration of Satan or similar rebellious, promethean, and liberating figures. Other groups believe that Satan isn't a god & satanism is more like a lifestyle, others believe that they themselves are the source of power. Many groups believe the the devil is not evil & peoples opinions have been tainted by movies & literature

Unless a person is worshiping Satan they should not be labeled a Satanist. That is what the socially accepted definition means.
Regardless of what you label yourself, society has already agreed on a definition.
ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 11:43:07 AM
At 3/5/2013 11:33:48 AM, pozessed wrote:

Please define satanist.

Unless a person is worshiping Satan they should not be labeled a Satanist. That is what the socially accepted definition means.
Regardless of what you label yourself, society has already agreed on a definition.

most everything is an opinion on forums so....
-keith-
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 11:53:01 AM
At 3/5/2013 11:43:07 AM, ockcatdaddy wrote:
At 3/5/2013 11:33:48 AM, pozessed wrote:

Please define satanist.

most everything is an opinion on forums so....

Yes, but the right definitions help keep a topic in context. You asked why people aren't more accepting of an atheists beliefs and classified it as Satanism.
Thus, we have had more of a conversation about redefining satanism more so than the the original question.

The reason most people frown upon satanism is because it sounds like the epitome of evil to most who know anything about Satan.
Just a guess, I can't really speak for everyone.
ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 8:55:44 AM
cool story but that is an inference... most people... you don't know for a shear fact what most people think not even close
-keith-
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 9:10:28 AM
At 3/6/2013 8:55:44 AM, ockcatdaddy wrote:
cool story but that is an inference... most people... you don't know for a shear fact what most people think not even close

Please do enlighten me then on what comes to mind when a christian hears the word "satanism or satanist" ?
Christians are a vast majority, maybe even the most followed of religions, their definitions and thoughts are less factual than yours?
ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 9:13:18 AM
At 3/6/2013 9:10:28 AM, pozessed wrote:

Please do enlighten me then on what comes to mind when a christian hears the word "satanism or satanist" ?
Christians are a vast majority, maybe even the most followed of religions, their definitions and thoughts are less factual than yours?

being an ex-christian whenever i heard satanist i thought evil and black magick
also satanists are few and more people are now athiests very few are christians nowadays way less than many think
-keith-
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 9:18:20 AM
At 3/6/2013 9:13:18 AM, ockcatdaddy wrote:

also satanists are few and more people are now athiests very few are christians nowadays way less than many think

Biblical follower is more politically correct then?

Even still, most of our parents and grandparents raised us as if Satan were bad. I'm sure even if people don't follow the Bible later in life, they will still associate the word Satan with evil. I'm of those people, but even still I'm just spewing assumptions.
ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 9:43:03 AM
At 3/6/2013 9:18:20 AM, pozessed wrote:
At 3/6/2013 9:13:18 AM, ockcatdaddy wrote:

Biblical follower is more politically correct then?

Even still, most of our parents and grandparents raised us as if Satan were bad. I'm sure even if people don't follow the Bible later in life, they will still associate the word Satan with evil. I'm of those people, but even still I'm just spewing assumptions.

as you have clearly stated... our beliefs are inherited lets say thaier is a fether that lives in the middle of nowhere with his wife and kids. lets say for the sake of arguement that the parents are devout christians. the kids will also be devout christians because no other person will be their to corrupt their purity. the kids will only know to worship God because their beliefs are taught without any other choices of religion for that is the only religion that they know
-keith-