Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

I eat babies.

toolpot462
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2013 9:25:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
People always tell me I shouldn't eat babies. They say it's disgusting and wrong. Why does everyone always try to cram their beliefs down my throat?

One guy told me it's unhealthy to eat babies, but I don't care! They're just so damn tasty!

Hey, I'm superior to babies, so I can eat them if I want to.

Someone said it's wrong to hurt living things for no good reason, but isn't my being hungry reason enough?

And how does anyone know plants don't feel pain? Couldn't it be just as bad to eat a carrot as it is to chew a living baby's arm off?

Animals eat their young, so it should be fine for me too!

Man, all of these hippies telling me not to eat babies has gotten me hungry. I'm gonna roast up a nice juicy baby right now.
I'll be the one to protect you from
Your enemies and all your demons.
I'll be the one to protect you from
A will to survive and a voice of reason.
I'll be the one to protect you from
Your enemies and your choices, son.
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 1:01:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/26/2013 9:25:33 PM, toolpot462 wrote:
People always tell me I shouldn't eat babies. They say it's disgusting and wrong. Why does everyone always try to cram their beliefs down my throat?

Exactly, what gives them the right to judge you for what you eat? We're talking about morality here. It's all subjective and relative. It's not like science or logic.


One guy told me it's unhealthy to eat babies, but I don't care! They're just so damn tasty!

What's this guy talking about. Babies are an excellent source of protein, iron, zinc and B-12. Not eating babies would surley lead to deficiences of all sorts.


Hey, I'm superior to babies, so I can eat them if I want to.

You didn't grow larger than babies just to be a non-baby-eater.


Someone said it's wrong to hurt living things for no good reason, but isn't my being hungry reason enough?

It's more than enough. Why would God make them TASTE so good if He didn't intend for you to eat them.


And how does anyone know plants don't feel pain? Couldn't it be just as bad to eat a carrot as it is to chew a living baby's arm off?

Oh, modern science certainly proves that carrots feel pain. Non-baby-eaters are just as guilty, if not more so!, than baby eaters.


Animals eat their young, so it should be fine for me too!

Nature furnishes us with plenty of examples of this. Baby eating is a way for us to be close to nature. It's natural, and therefore right, for humans to eat babies.


Man, all of these hippies telling me not to eat babies has gotten me hungry. I'm gonna roast up a nice juicy baby right now.

I'll join you - yuk yuk yuk.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 1:07:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Survival of the species supersedes your hunger. Plus it also disgusts people.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
toolpot462
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 1:42:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/27/2013 1:01:17 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 3/26/2013 9:25:33 PM, toolpot462 wrote:
People always tell me I shouldn't eat babies. They say it's disgusting and wrong. Why does everyone always try to cram their beliefs down my throat?

Exactly, what gives them the right to judge you for what you eat? We're talking about morality here. It's all subjective and relative. It's not like science or logic.


One guy told me it's unhealthy to eat babies, but I don't care! They're just so damn tasty!

What's this guy talking about. Babies are an excellent source of protein, iron, zinc and B-12. Not eating babies would surley lead to deficiences of all sorts.


Hey, I'm superior to babies, so I can eat them if I want to.

You didn't grow larger than babies just to be a non-baby-eater.


Someone said it's wrong to hurt living things for no good reason, but isn't my being hungry reason enough?

It's more than enough. Why would God make them TASTE so good if He didn't intend for you to eat them.


And how does anyone know plants don't feel pain? Couldn't it be just as bad to eat a carrot as it is to chew a living baby's arm off?

Oh, modern science certainly proves that carrots feel pain. Non-baby-eaters are just as guilty, if not more so!, than baby eaters.


Animals eat their young, so it should be fine for me too!

Nature furnishes us with plenty of examples of this. Baby eating is a way for us to be close to nature. It's natural, and therefore right, for humans to eat babies.


Man, all of these hippies telling me not to eat babies has gotten me hungry. I'm gonna roast up a nice juicy baby right now.

I'll join you - yuk yuk yuk.

The point is that no matter how you lie to yourself, as a sane person you will never intentionally eat a human baby. But it's fine to eat babies of other species, even if we don't need to. So what the yuk?
I'll be the one to protect you from
Your enemies and all your demons.
I'll be the one to protect you from
A will to survive and a voice of reason.
I'll be the one to protect you from
Your enemies and your choices, son.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 1:57:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/27/2013 1:42:25 PM, toolpot462 wrote:
The point is that no matter how you lie to yourself, as a sane person you will never intentionally eat a human baby. But it's fine to eat babies of other species, even if we don't need to. So what the yuk?

Tell me you kill bugs.... I hate bugs.

thing is... Life isn't inherently sacred or anything.
The Universe has no reason to spare bugs, lizards, chickens, pigs or babies.

We just happen to care about certain things, and thus We have reason to act, or Not act, in various ways.

I, for example, couldn't care less about bugs, unless they're a nifty type like a praying mantiss or something... and will squash them if they inconvenience me.

Similarly, if they were tasty, I would have no compunction about eating them by the handful.

Chickens, I identify with a bit more than bugs, and empathize with their (what I imagine to be) similar experiences regarding physical pain, and such... But so long as that pain's minimized/over with quick, it's really not that distressing for me to think about.

Many Mammals seem to be like us in a whole bunch of ways, and I empathize much more with them in what might be called psychologically distressing situations... and wouldn't want them to be in Very distressing situations, or physical suffering... For very long periods of time, but again.. so long as the time period's not crazy long, I don't really care that much...

and, anyways... Though I empathize with most mammals to a much greater degree than other animals, this is in no way, generally speaking, to the extent that I empathize with humans.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 2:08:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
also, the name of the topic could be rather fitting if the Animal Rights activist Peter Singer had been the author..

For, proposing that Babies ought to have no rights, whereas Cows should...
One would imagine that Peter Singer's next suggestion Very Well might be that we eat Babies instead of cows.

Granted, most people are (irrationally, it would seem according to Singer) a bit sentimental regarding human babies... and so, it wouldn't do to upset them to greatly..

But One would think that Singer would support feeding people Human babies if you could get around their being grossed out by it... Perhaps you can tell them it's pork or beef..?

So long as there's not much chance of people figuring it out, you'd think replacing the poor cows with babes would work towards the Greater good.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 2:10:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/27/2013 2:08:08 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
So long as there's not much chance of people figuring it out, you'd think replacing the poor cows with babes would work towards the Greater good.

It's without doubt that he doesn't think it's a Bad thing to kill and eat babies but for the fact that it might upset some sentimental adults.. i.e. Parents and the like.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 2:12:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/27/2013 2:08:08 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
also, the name of the topic could be rather fitting if the Animal Rights activist Peter Singer had been the author...

not that I'd want to seem wholly against animal rights, for as my previous statements imply, I would want to see them protected in some manners... But I rather disagree with the method by which singer proposes we go about deciding what kind of animals we respect.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 2:45:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/27/2013 1:57:24 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 3/27/2013 1:42:25 PM, toolpot462 wrote:
The point is that no matter how you lie to yourself, as a sane person you will never intentionally eat a human baby. But it's fine to eat babies of other species, even if we don't need to. So what the yuk?

Tell me you kill bugs.... I hate bugs.

thing is... Life isn't inherently sacred or anything.
The Universe has no reason to spare bugs, lizards, chickens, pigs or babies.

We just happen to care about certain things, and thus We have reason to act, or Not act, in various ways.

I, for example, couldn't care less about bugs, unless they're a nifty type like a praying mantiss or something... and will squash them if they inconvenience me.

Similarly, if they were tasty, I would have no compunction about eating them by the handful.

Chickens, I identify with a bit more than bugs, and empathize with their (what I imagine to be) similar experiences regarding physical pain, and such... But so long as that pain's minimized/over with quick, it's really not that distressing for me to think about.

Chickens on factory farms have their beaks cut off routinely. This has been scientifically shown to cause (unsurprisingly) acute pain for hours after the procedure, and persistent pain for several week.

The reason this is done is because the chickens are crammed in cages so tight that they can't even spread their wings and they go mad and start pecking violently at the birds in adjancent cages.

Their excrement is allowed to collect beneath them - the ammonia from the urine burns their eyes.

During slaughter, they are sometimes scalded to death in defeathering tank, on account of the high speeds of the slaughtering operation. No one bothers to keep track of how often this happens but from what we know from undercover reporting and worker testomonies, it appears to be an everyday occurence at most operations. If you eat chicken, you've doubtlessly eaten an animal that died by being boiled.

"Free-range" chickens are debeaked as well. "Free-range" is a meaningless word; it carries no legal weight. You could let a chicken out for a few minutes a day and call that free-range, which is basically what free-range farms do. In the end, all chickens are sent to the same slaughterhouses. The happy-meat movement is an industry ploy to retain consumers who want to feel good about hurting animals.

Many Mammals seem to be like us in a whole bunch of ways, and I empathize much more with them in what might be called psychologically distressing situations... and wouldn't want them to be in Very distressing situations, or physical suffering... For very long periods of time, but again.. so long as the time period's not crazy long, I don't really care that much...

and, anyways... Though I empathize with most mammals to a much greater degree than other animals, this is in no way, generally speaking, to the extent that I empathize with humans.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 2:52:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/27/2013 2:45:08 PM, vbaculum wrote:
Chickens on factory farms have their beaks cut off routinely. This has been scientifically shown to cause (unsurprisingly) acute pain for hours after the procedure, and persistent pain for several week.

The reason this is done is because the chickens are crammed in cages so tight that they can't even spread their wings and they go mad and start pecking violently at the birds in adjancent cages.

Their excrement is allowed to collect beneath them - the ammonia from the urine burns their eyes.

During slaughter, they are sometimes scalded to death in defeathering tank, on account of the high speeds of the slaughtering operation. No one bothers to keep track of how often this happens but from what we know from undercover reporting and worker testomonies, it appears to be an everyday occurence at most operations. If you eat chicken, you've doubtlessly eaten an animal that died by being boiled.

"Free-range" chickens are debeaked as well. "Free-range" is a meaningless word; it carries no legal weight. You could let a chicken out for a few minutes a day and call that free-range, which is basically what free-range farms do. In the end, all chickens are sent to the same slaughterhouses. The happy-meat movement is an industry ploy to retain consumers who want to feel good about hurting animals.

Many Mammals seem to be like us in a whole bunch of ways, and I empathize much more with them in what might be called psychologically distressing situations... and wouldn't want them to be in Very distressing situations, or physical suffering... For very long periods of time, but again.. so long as the time period's not crazy long, I don't really care that much...

and, anyways... Though I empathize with most mammals to a much greater degree than other animals, this is in no way, generally speaking, to the extent that I empathize with humans.

I would assume if it's very common practice, it would be tough to compete without similarly ruthlessly efficient methods...

So I put out the Call:
Koopin!

Is it True?!

Where you worked, did the slaughter of chickens take place?
How'd it happen?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
jambone
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 3:35:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/26/2013 9:25:33 PM, toolpot462 wrote:
People always tell me I shouldn't eat babies. They say it's disgusting and wrong. Why does everyone always try to cram their beliefs down my throat?
One guy told me it's unhealthy to eat babies, but I don't care! They're just so damn tasty! Hey, I'm superior to babies, so I can eat them if I want to.

Someone said it's wrong to hurt living things for no good reason, but isn't my being hungry reason enough? And how does anyone know plants don't feel pain? Couldn't it be just as bad to eat a carrot as it is to chew a living baby's arm off?

Animals eat their young, so it should be fine for me too!

Man, all of these hippies telling me not to eat babies has gotten me hungry. I'm gonna roast up a nice juicy baby right now.

Life lives up on life, that is harsh reality or natures way. That harsh reality is before us at all times offending our sensibilities, at least when it comes to the eating of our own species is concerned, but pretty much everything else is fair game. Just as a side note on the development of those sensibilities which tell us not to eat our families. Identification with other is part of a process in which compassion arises, and from this compassion humanity has built the foundation of civilization social unity. The killing instinct often sited on nature programs is in fact, the manifestation of hunger.
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 3:55:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/27/2013 2:52:35 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 3/27/2013 2:45:08 PM, vbaculum wrote:
Chickens on factory farms have their beaks cut off routinely. This has been scientifically shown to cause (unsurprisingly) acute pain for hours after the procedure, and persistent pain for several week.

The reason this is done is because the chickens are crammed in cages so tight that they can't even spread their wings and they go mad and start pecking violently at the birds in adjancent cages.

Their excrement is allowed to collect beneath them - the ammonia from the urine burns their eyes.

During slaughter, they are sometimes scalded to death in defeathering tank, on account of the high speeds of the slaughtering operation. No one bothers to keep track of how often this happens but from what we know from undercover reporting and worker testomonies, it appears to be an everyday occurence at most operations. If you eat chicken, you've doubtlessly eaten an animal that died by being boiled.

"Free-range" chickens are debeaked as well. "Free-range" is a meaningless word; it carries no legal weight. You could let a chicken out for a few minutes a day and call that free-range, which is basically what free-range farms do. In the end, all chickens are sent to the same slaughterhouses. The happy-meat movement is an industry ploy to retain consumers who want to feel good about hurting animals.

Many Mammals seem to be like us in a whole bunch of ways, and I empathize much more with them in what might be called psychologically distressing situations... and wouldn't want them to be in Very distressing situations, or physical suffering... For very long periods of time, but again.. so long as the time period's not crazy long, I don't really care that much...

and, anyways... Though I empathize with most mammals to a much greater degree than other animals, this is in no way, generally speaking, to the extent that I empathize with humans.

I would assume if it's very common practice, it would be tough to compete without similarly ruthlessly efficient methods...

That's a very good point. To the extent a farm treats their livestock with compassion, it suffers financial loss. Any semblance of humanity is efficiently elimintated and replaced, to some extent, with recreational sadism.


So I put out the Call:
Koopin!

Is it True?!

Where you worked, did the slaughter of chickens take place?
How'd it happen?
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
toolpot462
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 4:23:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/27/2013 3:35:12 PM, jambone wrote:
At 3/26/2013 9:25:33 PM, toolpot462 wrote:
People always tell me I shouldn't eat babies. They say it's disgusting and wrong. Why does everyone always try to cram their beliefs down my throat?
One guy told me it's unhealthy to eat babies, but I don't care! They're just so damn tasty! Hey, I'm superior to babies, so I can eat them if I want to.

Someone said it's wrong to hurt living things for no good reason, but isn't my being hungry reason enough? And how does anyone know plants don't feel pain? Couldn't it be just as bad to eat a carrot as it is to chew a living baby's arm off?

Animals eat their young, so it should be fine for me too!

Man, all of these hippies telling me not to eat babies has gotten me hungry. I'm gonna roast up a nice juicy baby right now.

Life lives up on life, that is harsh reality or natures way. That harsh reality is before us at all times offending our sensibilities, at least when it comes to the eating of our own species is concerned, but pretty much everything else is fair game. Just as a side note on the development of those sensibilities which tell us not to eat our families. Identification with other is part of a process in which compassion arises, and from this compassion humanity has built the foundation of civilization social unity. The killing instinct often sited on nature programs is in fact, the manifestation of hunger.

Then I suppose you'd have no problem with me killing your dog for food, being that you have such awareness of harsh reality offending our sensibilities. You'd understand. But I'd have no reason to do so but for the tastiness of flesh, and I do not nor does anyone have any other reason to eat meat ever. Is that a good enough reason?
I'll be the one to protect you from
Your enemies and all your demons.
I'll be the one to protect you from
A will to survive and a voice of reason.
I'll be the one to protect you from
Your enemies and your choices, son.