Jump to topic:

Dream Thread

cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 7:33:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So lately I have been taking classes on dream analysis. As a result, I thought it'd be cool to have a thread where people can explain their dreams and I can help analyze them and find out if they have meaning in them.

Thank you, and please contribute!
My name is Cheesedingo1. I am a dingo. Made of cheese. My favorite number is one. BOOM.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 7:35:48 PM
ok I had a dream where my old crush and my worst enemy were in a relationship. they were one of those talk-about-each-other-so-much-that-it-pisses-you-off kind of couple. irl they are in all of my classes so yeah. I actually woke up and questioned myself
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 7:41:39 PM
Well, I used to have fantastic, strange dreams. Now my dreams are so realistic that I often confuse fiction for reality--dreamed conversations with people I know, or reading articles or books that likely dont exist, and yet the dialogue and writing sounds real. I dont know why the shift occurred, maybe just growing up
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 7:48:51 PM
At 4/10/2013 7:47:03 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Dreams have meaning. But the only person can interpret them is yourself.

well i can't interpret my dreams
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 7:55:59 PM
I was on an old boat in the middle of the water(I presume ocean) with mist surrounding me in the distance(basically it was just me and the water).

I found a bomb(I don't know how I knew it was a bomb) that was yellow and was a kong dog toy with a head(yes, it was alive) that was the head of the ghost on the cover of the ghostbusters.

Anyways there were multiple bombs inside a little room(more the captain's driving station with walls around it), inside a bowl. I grabbed it, took it to the side of the boat, and tried to chuck it as far as I could. When it blew up, I had restarted(don't know how I know that).

Anyways I knew I had done something wrong and an old white dinosaur of a computer was inside the 'room'. I searched up the bomb and read that the only way to successfully blow up the bomb was to leave the vicinity. So I went outside and climbed into a rowboat that appeared alongside my other boat. I sailed away and waited. The boat blew up, and out of the smoke cloud a human sized version of the bomb was swimming towards me. I reached over to grab its hand and pull it into the boat. But as soon as I touched it...

I was reaching around my friend(at his house) to grab the computer mouse. We searched up the bomb thing on Wikipedia(I didn't see any of myself but I know for sure that I had become one of the bomb things). We printed off 6 pages exactly(I have know idea why 6) and were going back to my house(he lives 2 doors down from me, so we were going to walk).

Randomly, while walking back there was a group of african american kids in a line tossing rugby balls back and forth(it was actually a 'footy', and I was in Australia when I had this dream, so I can figure out where that part came from). We decided to play pass with them, but as soon as we started playing pass the balls switched to the pages(I don't know how, but the paper was flying like a football instead of paper). A gust of wind blew them down the street, and me and my friend went running after them.

We were picking them up in a yard when the door opened. (I suddenly switched from my view 1st person to the neighbor's view 1st person, and incase it wasn't clear I was in 1st person the entire story) So I, the neighbor, asked my friend what we were doing, he said grabbing the papers, and as she(I don't know how I knew gender) shut the door. As soon as the door shut I woke up.

Can you decipher ANY OF THAT?
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 8:01:25 PM
Oh and surprise surprise I have more when you are done with the first one ;)
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 8:07:50 PM
At 4/10/2013 8:01:25 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:

mine are weirder
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 8:18:42 PM
At 4/10/2013 8:07:50 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

mine are weirder

Prove it.

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 8:32:52 PM
At 4/10/2013 8:18:42 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:

mine are weirder

Prove it.

i raced a gorilla bike hybrid
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 8:40:08 PM
At 4/10/2013 8:32:52 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

mine are weirder

Prove it.

I had a nerf battle in a house that doesn't exist with kids I knew but a different mom where inside the house was always inside and outside was nighttime. I have some weirder ones, but I am saving them for cheesedingo

toolpot462
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 8:41:25 PM
Why not.

I was visiting a friend at Dartmouth College, and I took a walk looking for a head shop. I ran into someone on a bike who told me to show up at her boxing match. I had enough trouble getting around as it was, and I ended up exploring this festival area nearby. There was a booth with two older women who were looking for a photographer, and they asked if I wanted the job, so I took it.

They took me to a baseball stadium and told me to photograph the game. I couldn't figure out how to get to the upper seats. All I could find were large bamboo ladders in place of stairs, until I came across an escalator. Finally I made it to the highest point of the stadium, and just as I got off from the escalator I saw my Dartmouth friend, sitting with our other friends, in a place where they couldn't even see the game.

That's it.
I'll be the one to protect you from
Your enemies and all your demons.
A will to survive and a voice of reason.
Your enemies and your choices, son.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 8:54:38 PM
At 4/10/2013 8:40:08 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 4/10/2013 8:32:52 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

mine are weirder

Prove it.

I had a nerf battle in a house that doesn't exist with kids I knew but a different mom where inside the house was always inside and outside was nighttime. I have some weirder ones, but I am saving them for cheesedingo

ive been impaled by fifty spears and survived
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 9:27:59 PM
At 4/10/2013 7:33:04 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:
So lately I have been taking classes on dream analysis. As a result, I thought it'd be cool to have a thread where people can explain their dreams and I can help analyze them and find out if they have meaning in them.

Thank you, and please contribute!

I had a dream last night (which was so vivid it could have been real; it felt real at the time) about a guy who I used to work with. He had been in Europe for a while, but returned and we were paired together on a new project. It started out at a fundraiser, then at various public events and finally he winked at me as I was introducing someone on a stage. (I have a lot of dreams about talking in front of people, btw.) We eventually were alone later in the afternoon, and had an incredible conversation which made up the majority of the dream. His personality was as charming and genuine as it is in reality. I woke up as we walked away; I could still envision him smiling and looking down while he was holding his drink.
Lizard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 11:31:26 PM
I have a recurring dream... well, really it's a nightmare.

I live in some basement laboratory. No sunlight, just UV bulbs lighting the room. I spend most of my time scurrying around the floor, crammed in with god knows how many others of my kind. Most of the other die after only a week or so, partly from the odd experiments, partly from not being strong enough to fight for the dead crickets they throw in every now and again.

These scientists frequently strap me down and inject me with bizarre serums. I don't know why, nor do I posses the intelligence to question it. One day, they inject me with a serum called "L2-GOZZ". I feel the serum flow through my tiny, cold lizard veins like liquid lightning. I immediately feel my intelligence heighten. My body strengthens and begins to grow. I feel my muscles enlarge, my bones elongate and become denser than ever before. My skin thickens and long steel-like spikes grow out the back of my head like spears. I am aware, for the first time ever.

My now man-sized body easily breaks out of the puny straps they had holding me down, and I make my daring escape. I can't yet control my intellect or new strength, maybe it wasn't finished, maybe it was just too much too suddenly for me to comprehend. The scientists freak out and begin to run chaotically trying to escape. They look like large insects to me. I go into predator mode.

Several of the scientists fire tranquilizers at me, but it's no use. My skin is too thick, and I begin devouring them, uncontrollably. My sticky lizard tongue darts out like a javelin, snagging one of the scientists in the back of the head as she runs towards the door. My tongue pulls back, whipping her around the room like a rag doll until her body finally makes it to my mouth, where I snap out her life like the insect she is.

With all the scientists murdered, I burst through the door, rushing towards whatever escape I can find. Soldiers man the turret station on the floor above me and open fire. They're too slow. Few of their bullets hit me, and even fewer manage to break my skin. None of them hurt. I use the darkness to my advantage and scale the walls with lightning speed. One by one the soldiers fall victim to my claws. Their warm blood splatters the hydrophobic floor tiles and walls, pooling so as to cause the other soldiers to slip over one another as they frantically and desperately try to make it out of there. There's no hope.

As I approach the exit, it opens before me, blinding my with white light. I hear foot steps, echoing metallically as a silhouetted figure emerged from the light. I can't make his form, but he feels oddly familiar to me... and then I wake up.

This dream is the only clue I have to where I come from. That, and this leather jacket I was wearing the first time I woke up. There was a piece of paper in the jacket's pocket that read "Abrienda". I don't know who this person is, but perhaps she knows who I am... what I am.

I spend my every waking moment that I'm not on DDO trying to find out whatever I can. I have no clues as to who this "Abrienda" person is or where I can find her, but I feel in my heart that one day we will meet, and I will finally learn the truth of my origin... perhaps even my name.

Until then, just call me Lizard.

And keep Punk Rock Elite.
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 11:56:22 PM
At 4/10/2013 7:41:39 PM, thett3 wrote:
Well, I used to have fantastic, strange dreams. Now my dreams are so realistic that I often confuse fiction for reality--dreamed conversations with people I know, or reading articles or books that likely dont exist, and yet the dialogue and writing sounds real. I dont know why the shift occurred, maybe just growing up

OMG. I have that too. Exactly.

It can come from a variety of substances from anti-malaria medication to nicotine patches to Chantix (anti-smoking medication), & more.
In my case it's from wellbutrin-bupropion &/ Fluoxetine.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 11:58:56 PM
Dreams have meaning. But. the only person can interpret them is yourself

How do you know;
a) That they have meaning, b) the only person can interpret them is yourself.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 3:02:22 AM
At 4/10/2013 11:58:56 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
Dreams have meaning. But. the only person can interpret them is yourself

How do you know;
a) That they have meaning, b) the only person can interpret them is yourself.

Well, I don't know but that's my opinion.

Dream characteristics appear to be, both theoretically and observationally, a manifestation of sub-conscious ideas.

However, everyone's sub-conscious is different. There are some underlying themes that have a tendency of spanning across a given culture. But the lines are very murky, so dream interpretation, as a profession, becomes completely unscientific.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 3:05:17 AM
I think there's a lot of value in trying to understand our own dreams, though. Because people have a tendency of being very dishonest with themselves. We constantly trick ourselves into thinking that we think something, when actually we think something else. Whereas dreams, being a connection with our sub-conscious, are fully honest.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 4:17:14 AM
You can interpret anything to mean anything.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 5:37:03 PM
I've made an effort the last few months to write down dreams, if I can remember them. I did so because one night I had a really intense one, but completely forgot what it was a mere 5 hours later. Its strange how dreams can be so hard to remember. If you eat X for breakfast, you can tell yourself "I'm going to remember what I ate this morning" and if you're asked a week later, you will probably remember if made an effort to store that in your memory at the time. But despite my best efforts, I usually forget dreams over the course of a day even if at one point I remembered it clearly (after waking up), unless I write them.

Have any of you guys ever died in a dream?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 5:39:45 PM
At 4/11/2013 5:37:03 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I've made an effort the last few months to write down dreams, if I can remember them. I did so because one night I had a really intense one, but completely forgot what it was a mere 5 hours later. Its strange how dreams can be so hard to remember. If you eat X for breakfast, you can tell yourself "I'm going to remember what I ate this morning" and if you're asked a week later, you will probably remember if made an effort to store that in your memory at the time. But despite my best efforts, I usually forget dreams over the course of a day even if at one point I remembered it clearly (after waking up), unless I write them.

I almost always wake up right when I'm supposed to die in a dream, but I do distinctly remember once dying in a dream and then watching my death over from third person
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 5:50:55 PM
At 4/11/2013 5:39:45 PM, thett3 wrote:

I almost always wake up right when I'm supposed to die in a dream, but I do distinctly remember once dying in a dream and then watching my death over from third person

How did it happen, and what did you experience afterwards?

It happened to me a few weeks ago, I was driving around some city at night when two semis got on opposite sides of me and proceeded to converge inward.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 5:52:20 PM

Me, when I died it felt like I was falling through darkness and the feeling felt good. Plus dying is faster than falling asleep.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 5:53:07 PM
I have died plenty of times in my dreams
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 5:57:32 PM
At 4/11/2013 5:55:16 PM, Young_Republican_Girl wrote:
...:( That's depressing.

no it's horrific in my dreams, like getting impaled by a flaming stake
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 5:58:47 PM
At 4/11/2013 5:57:32 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Seek help son
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 6:00:32 PM
At 4/11/2013 5:58:47 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 4/11/2013 5:57:32 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Seek help son

my dreams are very weird but that be because I went through a phase where I watched a lot of sci-fi movies so yeah