Jump to topic:

My parenting philosophy

Cowboy0108
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 8:50:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is not supposed to be a troll topic. Though, I do like to see the opinions people make of me when I say this. Tell me the pros and cons if you will, or just your plain overall opinion.
Here it is:
When I have children, I plan on homeschooling them through elementary school. I plan to educate them on politics, debating, and a variety of other topics aside from the basic math and English. (As far as English goes, I will have them read things like political books, satires about society, or gun manuals.) I will raise them to KNOW that being gay is ungodly and is a choice and that they should not be held with any form of high regard. I will not teach them to be racist, but to be judgmental of people. I will teach them that political correctness is completely overrated and that it is okay to offend people. I would hope that I get many parent-teacher conferences so that I may get my views into the public school system.
Furthermore, I will raise my children to be incredibly smart and will have them at a school level far higher than what they should be at. I will ensure that their grades would be good so that teachers do not look for any excuse to expel them.
Post your opinions please. This is what I actually plan to do. If you can think of a way to improve my plan, please say it.
This is my philosophy on how I want to parent my children.
Brain_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 9:28:00 PM
At 5/12/2013 8:50:57 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
This is not supposed to be a troll topic. Though, I do like to see the opinions people make of me when I say this. Tell me the pros and cons if you will, or just your plain overall opinion.
Here it is:
When I have children, I plan on homeschooling them through elementary school. I plan to educate them on politics, debating, and a variety of other topics aside from the basic math and English. (As far as English goes, I will have them read things like political books, satires about society, or gun manuals.) I will raise them to KNOW that being gay is ungodly and is a choice and that they should not be held with any form of high regard. I will not teach them to be racist, but to be judgmental of people. I will teach them that political correctness is completely overrated and that it is okay to offend people. I would hope that I get many parent-teacher conferences so that I may get my views into the public school system.
Furthermore, I will raise my children to be incredibly smart and will have them at a school level far higher than what they should be at. I will ensure that their grades would be good so that teachers do not look for any excuse to expel them.
Post your opinions please. This is what I actually plan to do. If you can think of a way to improve my plan, please say it.

Contradicts the evidence
http://www.sciencedaily.com...

I don't know about you, but I didn't wake up one morning and make the choice to be attracted to women; that's just how it is
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 9:43:49 PM
The Fool: Hmm what is worse, Hateful religious views or Really bad Science? I will take the really bad science, as it is at least self correcting overtime.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 10:14:35 PM
At 5/12/2013 9:53:17 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
This is not about scientific views on gays; it is about my parenting plan.

Which involves views on gays.

BOOM. MIND=BLOWN.
0x5f3759df
Cowboy0108
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 12:59:58 PM
At 5/12/2013 10:14:35 PM, Bullish wrote:

BOOM. MIND=BLOWN.

I have my own reasons for views on gays. I want my kids to influence society. That is my goal for my plan. Society continues to get weaker and my kids will make it stronger. They will at least make preteens think.
Idiot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 1:01:58 PM
You should make them bisexual like Alexander the Great. He did pretty well with influencing the world. And you know, it makes sense...
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 1:07:58 PM
At 5/13/2013 12:59:58 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:

BOOM. MIND=BLOWN.

I have my own reasons for views on gays. I want my kids to influence society. That is my goal for my plan. Society continues to get weaker and my kids will make it stronger. They will at least make preteens think.

You did a GREAT job ignoring my whole point again :D
0x5f3759df
Cowboy0108
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 1:12:07 PM
At 5/13/2013 1:07:58 PM, Bullish wrote:

BOOM. MIND=BLOWN.

If my kids were to choose to be gay, I would disown them.
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 3:04:35 PM
Here it is:

Your children will have a low opinion of when they reach college age.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 4:14:58 PM
At 5/13/2013 1:12:07 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:

BOOM. MIND=BLOWN.

Do you have kids?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 4:35:34 PM
Homeschooling is a bad choice. Students need to develop social skills which are best developed by going to school with other students and sharing their struggles and challenges. You planning to educate them on politics is another terrible idea.

Politics isn't something best learned by listening to a single conservative individual. Children need to be exposed to people with various political leanings so they can make up their own mind. The only reason I can see for you wanting to personally teach politics instead of taking free education from a public school is that you want your political views imposed on your children. This shows insecurity about the viability of your political views. If you believed them to be sound, you children will surely appreciate them and choose them over other views.

I won't comment on detail on the rest of your posts since you essentially advocate the conservative position and it would take 1000s of characters to refute it. All of the following are traditional conservative positions:

1) Anti-SSM
2) Pro-gun
3) Political "incorrectness." In other words, racism, sexism and other discrimination disguised and packaged as something to be proud of.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 4:50:19 PM
I was actually genuinely interested when I read the title of this thread - needless to say, I stopped reading about midway through.

You're an ignoramus.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 5:12:35 PM
At 5/13/2013 4:50:19 PM, 000ike wrote:
I was actually genuinely interested when I read the title of this thread - needless to say, I stopped reading about midway through.

You're an ignoramus.

You're obviously not familiar with this guy, then.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 5:17:13 PM
"I will raise them to KNOW that being gay is ungodly and is a choice and that they should not be held with any form of high regard. "

How about you teach them to think for themselves, moron.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 5:25:32 PM
At 5/13/2013 5:17:13 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
"I will raise them to KNOW that being gay is ungodly and is a choice and that they should not be held with any form of high regard. "

How about you teach them to think for themselves, moron.

The great irony of his proposition is that he probably will do precisely that...
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 7:18:13 PM
" I will ensure that their grades would be good so that teachers do not look for any excuse to expel them."

I'm guessing because you assume they will be an offensive gay basher? lol
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 7:30:02 PM
Here it is:

Make sure your children have plenty of chances to socialize. Socialization is one of the most important functions of puberty.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 7:48:37 PM
Here it is:
Post your opinions please. This is what I actually plan to do. If you can think of a way to improve my plan, please say it.: This is my philosophy on how I want to parent my children.

Don't have kids.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Brain_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 3:41:35 PM
At 5/13/2013 7:30:02 PM, Wnope wrote:
Here it is:

Make sure your children have plenty of chances to socialize. Socialization is one of the most important functions of puberty.

+1
Brain_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 3:56:05 PM
At 5/13/2013 4:35:34 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Homeschooling is a bad choice. Students need to develop social skills which are best developed by going to school with other students and sharing their struggles and challenges. You planning to educate them on politics is another terrible idea.

Politics isn't something best learned by listening to a single conservative individual. Children need to be exposed to people with various political leanings so they can make up their own mind. The only reason I can see for you wanting to personally teach politics instead of taking free education from a public school is that you want your political views imposed on your children. This shows insecurity about the viability of your political views. If you believed them to be sound, you children will surely appreciate them and choose them over other views.

I won't comment on detail on the rest of your posts since you essentially advocate the conservative position and it would take 1000s of characters to refute it. All of the following are traditional conservative positions:

1) Anti-SSM
2) Pro-gun
3) Political "incorrectness." In other words, racism, sexism and other discrimination disguised and packaged as something to be proud of.

Wouldn't say home schooling is necessarily bad; However, It may be a good idea to be part of a home schooling group so as to give your kids added opportunities to socialize.

Having you childern well educate in various subjects such as english, math, and politics is not a bad idea either; however, you may want to make sure it's more knowledge they are taking in rather than political slants.
natoast
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 11:23:35 PM
At 5/13/2013 1:12:07 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:

BOOM. MIND=BLOWN.

I am going to pray, every single night, that at least one of your kids are born gay.