Jump to topic:

Knock knock knockin' on Heaven's Door

Idiot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 11:41:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Views like pantheism and reincarnation are silly. Sorry, it needed to be said. Of course they leave more leeway than conventional religions for individual interpretation of what is and isn't moral, but serve, I imagine, more so than anything else but to encourage irrationality. There isn't any proof that any of these things are true. It's all just wishful thinking. All of it, gods and godly existences alike. Agnosticism is the position of the logician.

But while we're at it - this wishful thinking - why not go hard? Why not try to found like the Church of the Moral Man or some shiit like that? Why not try to strengthen your moral convictions with numbers? There really isn't any reason not to. I mean you're irrational anyway, positing unsubstantiated planes of existence just like the conventionally religious... so why not?

But of course there is utilitarianism, libertarianism, communism and the like: schools of thought to join up with and do just that. Which one might consider a more rational approach, grounding their convictions in reality. But not you. No, you with the idea that we're all immortal souls, or part of one great big brain that is existence in its entirety - no, what the fvck is rational about you?

It seems to me the majority of us are knock knock knockin' on Heaven's Door. Rationalizing rather than rational. Wishfully thinking. Now, what's so wrong with God? You're all dancing around Him. Say, you imagined God as the ultimate force for good, say the world did, would he be so harmfully posited? What if we were all of the same morality? I'm pretty sure that would work out rather well. And then, well, maybe you pantheists would be better for society preaching a more personalized delusion at the least?
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 10:03:38 PM
The Fool: You should try reading more passively and less aggressively, for when you read aggressively you project your ideas on to what you read and so fool yourself into reading yourself, but that is not what you wanted to do. Or did you, you despiser of the mind.

<(8J)
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 10:05:10 PM
At 5/13/2013 10:03:38 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: You should try reading more passively and less aggressively, for when you read aggressively you project your ideas on to what you read and so fool yourself into reading yourself, but that is not what you wanted to do. Or did you, you despiser of the mind.

<(8J)

This!
Idiot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 8:31:46 AM
Perhaps you might be worried about religious atrocities too. So that's the whole thing down the drain straight away. But then you probably wouldn't be there for any of that...

A lot of atheists have twisted morals from this shii bro.
Idiot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 8:32:53 AM
It's just interesting I think. I don't despise no one, I'm just troll. And I heard that song on the radio and it fitted bro....
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 12:14:04 AM
Try knocking on Yahushua's door first and don't plan spending a lot of time in Heaven after salvation because the Earth is here to stay! Heaven is temporary. Read Revelations first. Ya, a thousand year reigh and then Gog and Magog and the FIRE and then New Yerushalyim and then EETTEERRNNIITTYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 4:47:02 AM
http://www.beithakavod.com.........

Please heed this:

Luk_17:4 "And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day comes back to you, saying, "I repent," you shall forgive him."
Act_2:38 And Kepha said to them, "Repent, and let each one of you be immersed in the Name of Yahshua the Messiah for the forgiveness of sins.1 And you shall receive the gift of the Set-apart Spirit. Footnote: 1See 2:40, 3:19, 3:26.
Act_3:19 "Repent therefore and turn back, for the blotting out of your sins, in order that times of refreshing might come from the presence of the Master,
Act_8:22 "Repent therefore of this evil of yours, and plead with Elohim to forgive you the intention of your heart.
Thank you for reading!