Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

YHWH and HIS Existence!

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 10:57:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Article by Eliyah with permission to post.

Yahweh's Name reveals Yahweh's true nature

Genesis 21:33 (KJV) And [Abraham] planted a grove in Beersheba, and called there on the name of Yahweh, the everlasting Elohim.

Exodus 3:13 (KJV) And Moses said to Elohim, Behold, [when] I come to the children of Israel, and shall say to them, The Elohim of your fathers hath sent me to you; and they shall say to me, What [is] his name? what shall I say to them?
Exodus 3:14 (KJV) And Elohim said to Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me to you.
Exodus 3:15 (KJV) And Elohim said moreover to Moses, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Yahweh Elohim of your fathers, the Elohim of Abraham, the Elohim of Isaac, and the Elohim of Jacob, hath sent me to you: this [is] my name for ever, and this [is] my memorial to all generations.
Exodus 3:16 (KJV) Go, and gather the elders of Israel together, and say to them, Yahweh Elohim of your fathers, the Elohim of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, appeared to me, saying, I have surely visited you, and [seen] that which is done to you in Egypt:

Exodus 33:19 (KJV) And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of Yahweh before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.

Exodus 34:14 (KJV) For thou shalt worship no other elohim: for Yahweh, whose name [is] Jealous, [is] a jealous Elohim:

1Chronicles 29:16 (KJV) O Yahweh our Elohim, all this abundance that we have prepared to build thee an house for thy holy name [cometh] from thy hand, and [is] all thy own.

Psalms 48:10 (KJV) According to thy name, O Elohim, so [is] thy praise to the ends of the earth: thy right hand is full of righteousness.

Psalms 106:8 (KJV) Nevertheless he saved them for his name's sake, that he might make his mighty power to be known.

Psalms 124:8 (KJV) Our help [is] in the name of Yahweh, who made heaven and earth.

Proverbs 18:10 (KJV) The name of Yahweh [is] a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. {safe: Heb. set aloft}

Isaiah 63:16 (KJV) Doubtless thou [art] our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O Yahweh, [art] our father, our redeemer; thy name [is] from everlasting. {our redeemer...: or, our redeemer from everlasting is thy name}

Amos 4:13 (KJV) For, lo, he that formeth the mountains, and createth the wind, and declareth to man what [is] his thought, that maketh the morning darkness, and treadeth upon the high places of the earth, Yahweh, The Elohim of hosts, [is] his name. {wind: or, spirit}

Home | Hebrew Roots of Christianity | Request printed copy of this page | | Search |
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 10:59:43 PM
Article by Eliyah with permission to post:

The Third Commandment: What does it mean?

RealAudio version | MP3 version

Many take the third commandment to mean that we should not use the Heavenly Father's name alongside a swear word or profanity. I could see where it certainly might mean this. Others say that taking His name on our lips while living a life of sin is another way of taking His name in vain. I agree with this also.

However, I have found that the third commandment means much more than this. Replacing the Heavenly Father's name with a title of our own choosing such as "the LORD", "GOD", "Adonai", or "Ha Shem" is another way of taking His name in vain. Let's look at the third commandment as written in the King James Bible:

Deuteronomy 5:11 "Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold [him] guiltless that taketh his name in vain."

If we examine this verse in the Hebrew text that the King James Bible was translated from, we would not find "The LORD" or any word that carries such a meaning. What is actually there is the Heavenly Father's true name, "Yahweh". I believe it is important to consider whether or not this tradition is something the Heavenly Father would desire us to follow.

Let's take a moment and look at the Webster's dictionary definition of the word "vain":

vain 1. Having no real substance, value, or importance; empty; void; worthless; unsatisfying. ``Thy vain excuse.' ... 2. Destitute of forge or efficacy; effecting no purpose; fruitless; ineffectual; as, vain toil; a vain attempt. ...

Considering the meaning of the word 'vain', what greater way to bring Yahweh's name to emptiness, worthlessness, and having no real substance, value or purpose than to remove His name altogether from scripture and substitute it with a title of our own choosing?

Those who have chosen to practice this are doing just that. This practice is so widespread and so complete that few people even know the Heavenly Father has a personal name. Yahweh chose to place His name in scripture nearly 7,000 times. And each one of those 7,000 times it is replaced with a title (such as "The LORD") in 99% of all translations. In fact, in most translations the third commandment (as written) is a transgression of itself! Why? Because the third commandment forbids bringing His name to nothing, yet most translations do just that.

To further demonstrate this point, let's look at the Hebrew word that is translated "vain" in this verse.

Deuteronomy 5:11 (KJV) Thou shalt not take the name of Yahweh thy Elohim in vain <7723>: for Yahweh will not hold [him] guiltless that taketh his name in vain <7723>.

The number after the word "vain" in this passage refers to Strong's word #7723 in the Hebrew Lexicon. This same Hebrew word (#7723 'Shav') can also be found in another commandment just a few verses later. But in this instance, it is translated differently:
Deuteronomy 5:20 (KJV) Neither shalt thou bear false <7723> witness against thy neighbour.

Here we have the same Hebrew word <7723> translated "false." Might this shed light on the third commandment as well? We know that to say that the name of the Heavenly Father is "The LORD" is actually a false statement. Most translations are full of false statements. For instance, the King James Version reads:
Isaiah 42:8 - I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

The above is not a true statement. His name is not "the LORD". His name is Yahweh. "The LORD" is not a translation of the original, it is a substitution of the original. The translators did not translate, they purposely substituted the true name of the Heavenly Father for something else so that they could follow their tradition. It should instead read:

Isaiah 42:8 (RNKJV) I am Yahweh: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

So if we want to keep the ten commandments, we should never replace Yahweh's name with a false name or title of our own choosing. Doing so would be breaking the third commandment. This is not the only way to break the third commandment, but we can see that it is certainly one way of doing so. We are not supposed to add or take away from the scriptures. But in doing this, man has chosen to both add and take away.
Yahweh considered it important enough to include something about His name in the Ten Commandments. He considered it important enough to include a warning that we would not be held "guiltless" if we choose to break it. Therefore, in spite of what others may think, let's keep His commandments by restoring what Yahweh placed there originally. Let's set aside vain tradition and walk in the original truth of Yahweh... just as He inspired it.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 11:00:22 PM
I like this joke, it's very well written. :)
Live for the present, for it is a gift.

I surveyed 100 women and asked them what shampoo they used when showering, 98 of them said: How the hell did you get in here?
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 11:02:31 PM
Why do we have "The LORD" in our bibles rather than Yahweh?

This is a very common question. It all began with a Jewish tradition called the "ineffable name" doctrine. Jews, for various reasons, started to substitute His name with the Hebrew title "Adonai". Adonai is the Hebrew word for "Lord". This information can be easily verified in many Bible dictionaries and various encyclopedias. For instance, the Encyclopedia Britannica states:

Yahweh, the God of the Israelites, his name being revealed to Moses as four Hebrew CONSONANTS (YHWH) CALLED THE TETRAGRAMMATON. AFTER THE EXILE (6TH CENTURY BC), and especially from the 3rd century BC on, Jews ceased to use the name Yahweh for two reasons. As Judaism became a universal religion through its proselytizing in the Greco-Roman world, the more common noun elohim, meaning "god," tended to replace Yahweh to demonstrate the universal sovereignty of Israel's God over all others. At the same time, the divine name was increasingly regarded as too sacred to be uttered; it was thus replaced vocally in the synagogue ritual by the Hebrew word Adonai ("My Lord"), which was translated as Kyrios ("Lord") in the Septuagint, the Greek version of the Old Testament.
We see in the above quote that Jews started to vocally replace the name "Yahweh" with "Adonai" (Lord) for two reasons:

1. It was beginning to be believed that His name was too sacred to be uttered

2. They preferred to simply call Him "Elohim" rather than "Yahweh" to demonstrate to the world that He is the only true Elohim.

While on the surface these reasons may seem honorable, they are very unscriptural. They were and are attempts to improve on Yahweh's already perfect ways. If Yahweh really wanted a substitute, why would He have placed His name there to begin with? Though scripture says to follow Yahweh rather than man, we find that nearly 7,000 times the most important name of all is replaced with a another word that man has chosen.

This tradition was not practiced by the Messiah or the apostles, but it was adopted by some Christians during the early half of the 2nd Century CE/AD. By the 4th century, this practice was well established and widely practiced. Jerome, a 4th century "Church Father" who authored the Latin Vulgate version, substituted the name "Yahweh" throughout with the Latin word "Dominus" (meaning "Lord"). The tradition of replacing Yahweh's name with "the LORD" continues to this day. Most English translations substitute the name Yahweh with "the LORD" and translations into other languages will also commonly choose a title meaning "Lord" in their own language. More information on this can be found in the preface of many modern bibles.

Article by Eliyah with permission to post.