Jump to topic:

A fool

suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 5:16:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
"A fool" is the word that has been used often as an insult to describe someone stupidity in general or certain area. However, I have been wondering, what is the actual meaning of foolishness?

After give it some thought, I think the closest definition of foolishness is "those who do not follow reason". Put it this way I think the whole concept of a fool if far less of an insult.

Ironic isn't it we fancy mocking any one who is a fool, yet celebrate those who can break away with the code of logic and is emotional driven (call them romantic rather than fool).

A fool = do not follow logic
The wise = understand logic
But the wiser = know to ignore logic

The wise is wise or fool?
Buddhist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 12:17:17 PM
Logic only takes one so far.

No logic can explain presence of consciousness.

Scientists deny it is the soul, I will not argue that it is definitely soul because this would require the flawed version of reasoning named logic.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 12:25:59 PM
At 5/25/2013 12:17:17 PM, Buddhist wrote:

Scientists deny it is the soul, I will not argue that it is definitely soul because this would require the flawed version of reasoning named logic.

Wow.... Ok...

Well, first off, scientists do not unanimously deny the existence of the soul. But an over-whelming majority of biologists agree that consciousness can be explained by biology. Secondly, I have no idea what you mean by the statement "logic cannot explain presence of consciousness". And finally, reason and logic are synonyms.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Buddhist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 12:34:31 PM
At 5/25/2013 12:25:59 PM, muzebreak wrote:

Wow.... Ok...

Well, first off, scientists do not unanimously deny the existence of the soul. But an over-whelming majority of biologists agree that consciousness can be explained by biology. Secondly, I have no idea what you mean by the statement "logic cannot explain presence of consciousness". And finally, reason and logic are synonyms.

Instincts are another method of reasoning and are the only way you are able to tell an attractive to unattractive human, a nice to horrible song or even a pleasant to unpleasant sensation of any kind.

The entire industry of arts is base don professional judge using illogical reasoning.

They are not synonyms.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 12:39:21 PM
At 5/25/2013 12:34:31 PM, Buddhist wrote:

Wow.... Ok...

Instincts are another method of reasoning and are the only way you are able to tell an attractive to unattractive human, a nice to horrible song or even a pleasant to unpleasant sensation of any kind.

The entire industry of arts is base don professional judge using illogical reasoning.

They are not synonyms.

What definition of reasoning are you using?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Buddhist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 12:48:55 PM
At 5/25/2013 12:39:21 PM, muzebreak wrote:

Wow.... Ok...

They are not synonyms.

What definition of reasoning are you using?

The method by which one finds an answer to a problem by considering various possible solutions.
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 11:17:18 AM

Wow.... Ok...

They are not synonyms.

Actually, They did use logic to evaluate artistic piece of work. Think of we have to undergo a wine tasting course in order to professionally judged the property and value of wine sample, it just doesn't involved money sometime but the use of logic is still prominent. A good wine need to have the right balance of body, acidity, sweetness bla bla bla.. even if some wine expert can came up with his own definition of wine, so long as it can be learned, I think it will have to be more or less logical.
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 1:56:15 PM
Psa_53:1 The fool has said in his heart, "There is no Elohim." They have done corruptly, And they have done abominable unrighteousness; No one does good.

Pro_10:18 He who hides hatred has lying lips, And he who sends out a slander is a fool.

Pro_10:23 To work out wicked schemes Is like sport to a fool, But wisdom is for a man of understanding.

That is a very basic meaning and this is the bonafide truth. I am speaking with one right now on another post, gotta run......