Jump to topic:

Silly utilitarians!

xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 4:06:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
To be fair, the only reason we try to improve society to be the best it can be through different forms of government, laws, ect. is for the maximal happiness of the majority of humans beings in the end.
Nolite Timere
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 4:18:04 PM
Arguments to Pro. She didn't do much to fulfill her BoP, but Con's responses never actually contradicted Pro's position, he merely implied it was flawed without actually committing to a counter argument, which didn't provide a strong enough clash to say he actually uprooted Pro here. He also gave an alternative, but made no effort to justify why it's superior to the position Pro outlined. I'm also granting conduct to Pro as Con acted like a smug prick all throughout the last round. Spelling and grammar tied as there were no overly distracting issues on either side, and no-one gave any sources, so sourcing is tied as well.

Final score: 0-4 Pro.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 6:10:17 PM
At 6/6/2013 4:18:04 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
Arguments to Pro. She didn't do much to fulfill her BoP, but Con's responses never actually contradicted Pro's position, he merely implied it was flawed without actually committing to a counter argument, which didn't provide a strong enough clash to say he actually uprooted Pro here. He also gave an alternative, but made no effort to justify why it's superior to the position Pro outlined. I'm also granting conduct to Pro as Con acted like a smug prick all throughout the last round. Spelling and grammar tied as there were no overly distracting issues on either side, and no-one gave any sources, so sourcing is tied as well.

Almost like someone was trying to communicate a theoretically deep visual message as clearly as possible in a single page.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 7:26:40 PM
Utilitarians are silly but not I don't think for that reason specifically.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 7:35:59 PM
At 6/6/2013 6:10:17 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 6/6/2013 4:18:04 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

Almost like someone was trying to communicate a theoretically deep visual message as clearly as possible in a single page.

k
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 12:25:25 PM
I an offensive and I find this utilitarian.

As a utilitarian, yeah, it's really quite funny. Reminds me of listening to some people justify it. Of course, it's a comical (and therefore somewhat false) representation of utilitarian's better half, so one shouldn't reject utilitarianism because of it. Still made me chuckle reading through it though, and that's the most important thing, eh?
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...