Every action intends happiness

Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 9:01:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

I believe it is true that every conscious action, and I mean 'conscious' not only in the sense that one is aware of the action, but also that one willed the action, is performed with the intention of producing happiness for the individual performing the action.

The link is to my debate, currently open to challengers.
criticalmass
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 7:13:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/18/2013 9:01:17 PM, Wocambs wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

I believe it is true that every conscious action, and I mean 'conscious' not only in the sense that one is aware of the action, but also that one willed the action, is performed with the intention of producing happiness for the individual performing the action.

The link is to my debate, currently open to challengers.

This can not be applied to every situation as not every action a person makes is of personal benefit to that person. Some actions are done completely out of necessity. I.E. a man robs a liquor store to get money to feed his family ( to be happy) but is discovered by a witness to have perpetrated the crime and the man kills the witness to prevent a prison sentence and ends up committing suicide because he cannot bear the thought of taking another life. in this example the person does one action for the sake of happiness but also out of necessity and then commits two actions which he is fully aware will bring no happiness to him. you could argue that the murder will bring happiness in the way of him being able to keep his family and money but then you can see that he knows that killing someone will bring much more negativity than happiness and the suicide is not committed to be happy but to stop his suffering. as well if he was a religious man then he is aware that hell awaits him for suicide and logically there can be no happiness there.