Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 7:06:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/7/2013 6:57:11 PM, Sargon wrote:
That's simply false.

YEAH!!
LISTEN TO THE GUY WHO USE TO ARGUE THAT TOO TILL HE GOT BEAT!

Nac
Thank you for voting!
Sargon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 7:07:51 PM
At 9/7/2013 7:06:58 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
That's simply false.

YEAH!!

Nac

What I meant to say was that an atheist does not have to belief that something came from nothing. I wasn't trying to say that I believe in ex nihilo nihil fit.
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 7:09:55 PM
At 9/7/2013 7:07:51 PM, Sargon wrote:
That's simply false.

YEAH!!

Nac

What I meant to say was that an atheist does not have to belief that something came from nothing. I wasn't trying to say that I believe in ex nihilo nihil fit.

I know.

I'm just saying, I know you use to argue in favor of KCA, and no longer do anymore.

Are you trying to make a profile with 0 defeats? Is that why you have a gazillion of them?
Thank you for voting!
Sargon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 7:10:52 PM
At 9/7/2013 7:09:55 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
That's simply false.

YEAH!!

Nac

I know.

I'm just saying, I know you use to argue in favor of KCA, and no longer do anymore.

Are you trying to make a profile with 0 defeats? Is that why you have a gazillion of them?

That, and most of my new profiles were caused by some distinctive intellectual shift in opinion.
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 7:13:25 PM
At 9/7/2013 7:10:52 PM, Sargon wrote:
That's simply false.

YEAH!!

Nac

I know.

That, and most of my new profiles were caused by some distinctive intellectual shift in opinion.

So your legit an atheist now?

Bull, if you lose to someone you gonna change again?
Thank you for voting!
Sargon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 7:16:20 PM
At 9/7/2013 7:13:25 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
That's simply false.

YEAH!!

Nac

I know.

I don't change my opinions because I lost a debate. You should PM me if you want to talk about this further. I'm not really the topic of the thread.
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 7:20:32 PM
At 9/7/2013 7:16:20 PM, Sargon wrote:
That's simply false.

YEAH!!

Nac

I know.

I don't change my opinions because I lost a debate. You should PM me if you want to talk about this further. I'm not really the topic of the thread.

You have your PM blocked dude, along with everything else....
Thank you for voting!
Sargon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 7:22:51 PM
At 9/7/2013 7:20:32 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/7/2013 7:16:20 PM, Sargon wrote:
That's simply false.

YEAH!!

Nac

I know.

You have your PM blocked dude, along with everything else....

Once you accept my friend request, you can PM me.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 8:16:06 PM
At 9/7/2013 6:41:28 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
You have to believe nothing came out of nothing, despite this being provably impossible.

When did that become a requirement?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 8:35:40 PM
You have to believe nothing came out of nothing, despite this being provably impossible.

Since when is a quantum vacuum nothing?
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 9:08:38 PM
At 9/7/2013 8:35:40 PM, Subutai wrote:

Even those Quantum States require observation in order to exist.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 9:14:34 PM

Would you like to prove it is impossible that "nothing came out of nothing"?

I'm pretty sure nothing does come out of nothing, what do you think comes out of nothing?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 9:15:33 PM

No you don't. You could say that all which is now, always already was. You could say that you don't know. You could just not care about the question and say that you don't give a single fvck. But of course, I have only listed three options... I'm sure there are others.
Tsar of DDO
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 9:38:41 PM
At 9/7/2013 9:14:34 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

I'm pretty sure nothing does come out of nothing, what do you think comes out of nothing?

So you believe things pop into existence from nothing?

Has this ever been observed in nature?
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 9:39:46 PM

I'm sorry, I meant to say "something came out of nothing."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 9:46:53 PM
At 9/7/2013 9:15:33 PM, YYW wrote:

No you don't. You could say that all which is now, always already was. You could say that you don't know. You could just not care about the question and say that you don't give a single fvck. But of course, I have only listed three options... I'm sure there are others.

This. It seems that people need to "know" something, even if that knowledge is utterly false.

In the words of Laurence Krauss:

"Scientists love mysteries. They love not knowing."
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 10:27:59 PM

Since Lawrence Krauss defined it as such. :P
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Insecurity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 12:01:35 AM
One can be an atheist and believe what ever he so chooses, just not that god exists.

/thread
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 12:15:16 AM
The Fool: I didn't know you had to do anything. Lol. Not believing, is not an active thing is it.. I don't really do anything to not believe. If I do it hardly takes any effort, at least I don't notice it.

I'm sure I'm not believing in a bazillion things I don't know.. I just can't know it. Perhaps I should be named a name for each thing I don't know, that I'm not believing.

And synonymously, for each name I don't know that I'm not believing in that I don't know that I'm not believing in.

I'm not believing, that their dragons outside my door, should I then be called a Adragonist, I'm not believing that blue really Red, perhaps I should be called in ABlue-Redist.

Notice how only one side, IMPOSES, on the other side, but is not the other way around. Why do we have to be even called anything? I only need one name.

Stop calling us names!!!!!
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 12:39:13 AM
At 9/7/2013 10:27:59 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Since Lawrence Krauss defined it as such. :P

The Fool:It's nonsense, it's not really nothing. I think he is dishonest, and that he is just calling it nothing, for anti-theist reasons..
Notice the contradiction in, calling IT nothing. It cannot even be IT. <-------
There's nothing to say at all. As the term would have no reference, and be nonsensical.
There is a lot of dishonesty on both sides. It's quite creepy..
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 1:33:18 AM
At 9/7/2013 9:38:41 PM, Installgentoo wrote:

Have you ever considered the possibility that a finite amount of matter and energy has always been in existence, and that we can't really observe anything before the Big Bang due to the information loss caused by everything being compressed?
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 2:05:35 AM
At 9/7/2013 9:38:41 PM, Installgentoo wrote:

No.

Has nothing ever been observed in nature?

Short answer, nope, there's no evidence that nothing has ever existed, in fact, by definition, it hasn't.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 2:33:16 AM
At 9/7/2013 9:39:46 PM, Installgentoo wrote:

I'm sorry, I meant to say "something came out of nothing."

That's different, and there's still two problems.

One, it's "provably impossible" for nothing to exist, it's a contradiction interms.

Two, if you argue that in the beginning something came from God, then by following the same logic, God came from nothing. Infinite regression is always a bad argument, wherever you try to stop it, it can always be asked, but where did that come from.

What's the difference between saying God always existed and saying the universe always existed? What's the difference between asking what came before the Universe and asking what came before God? If you say nothing came before the Universe and therefore the Universe came from nothing, then you have to say the same thing about God and you are right back to "provably impossible".

Fact is, "in the beginning" drives us into a logically inconceivable area, no matter how you slice it. Logically, you just cant get there from here.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 2:36:09 AM
You could restate the OP:

In order to be a theist, you have to believe God came out of nothing, despite this being provably impossible.
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 4:47:21 AM

Try to figure out what atheism actually is before posting this biased sh*t.
Turn around, go back.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 1:00:06 PM
Theists always try to shamelessly straw-man Atheism. I have had theists say that to be an Atheist, you have to believe that matter and motion are all that exist....What?! Lol To be an Atheist, all you "have to do" is not believe in God; that's it.