Jump to topic:

Ignorance is a Disease

88-complex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2013 10:24:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hello, this post is apart of a social experiment to hopefully start a global conversation about this issue. Please check out our campaign ads on our webiste at the link below regarding this issue and return here to share your thoughts about the concept of ignorance as a disease. Thank you very much

http://88-complex.com...
www.88-complex.com
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2013 10:25:39 PM
At 9/16/2013 10:24:01 PM, 88-complex wrote:
Hello, this post is apart of a social experiment to hopefully start a global conversation about this issue. Please check out our campaign ads on our webiste at the link below regarding this issue and return here to share your thoughts about the concept of ignorance as a disease. Thank you very much

Metaphorically, or literally? Is there an ignorance virus?
88-complex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2013 10:43:51 PM

Technically both, but for now lets just say metaphorically speaking.
www.88-complex.com
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 7:59:53 AM

Social experiment. Global conversation. Ignorance.

Hm. Progressive propaganda site?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 8:14:51 AM
At 9/16/2013 10:43:51 PM, 88-complex wrote:

Technically both, but for now lets just say metaphorically speaking.

Then yes. Not sure what there is to discuss on the metaphorical front.
88-complex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 5:12:51 PM

Sorry, I should be more specific. If you agree with the claim that ignorance is a disease:
1)What do you think are the causes?
2)Is it contagious, and if so how?
3)Can it be prevented or cured, and if so how?
If you disagree, then please explain why you feel that ignorance is not a disease.

I hope this makes more sense. Thanks
www.88-complex.com
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 5:22:31 PM
Anytime i see something complainig about ignorance, i wonder why people get so uptight about something that can't be eradicated. Ignorance will always be around and there isn't a thing you can do about it. Well...legally do about it
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 5:23:04 PM
At 9/17/2013 5:12:51 PM, 88-complex wrote:

Sorry, I should be more specific. If you agree with the claim that ignorance is a disease:
1)What do you think are the causes?

Lack of education.

2)Is it contagious, and if so how?

Ignorant parents and communities are likely to breed ignorant offspring and members.

3)Can it be prevented or cured, and if so how?

Education.

If you disagree, then please explain why you feel that ignorance is not a disease.

I hope this makes more sense. Thanks
88-complex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 5:28:27 PM

We wouldn"t necessarily classify this ad campaign as propaganda, since we"re not trying to influence or preach to people one way or another, but instead simply observe individuals reactions, comments and start a conversation in which hopefully everyone can learn something. Although we believe in the claim that ignorance is a disease we are more interested in just hearing what people have to say.
Thanks for your comment.
www.88-complex.com
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 8:15:02 PM

What's to discuss exactly?

"ignorance is a disease" is just a phrase and it's not that uncommon of a concept, it isn't particularly new either, the Buddha said it 2500 years ago.

As far as I can tell, your company is just trying to sell T-Shirts.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 7:43:41 AM
At 9/17/2013 5:28:27 PM, 88-complex wrote:

We wouldn"t necessarily classify this ad campaign as propaganda, since we"re not trying to influence or preach to people one way or another, but instead simply observe individuals reactions, comments and start a conversation in which hopefully everyone can learn something. Although we believe in the claim that ignorance is a disease we are more interested in just hearing what people have to say.
Thanks for your comment.

I wouldn't want to classify it as a propaganda site either if it was mine.