Jump to topic:

Where can I read "A history of Western Philo-

Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 10:12:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
sophy" for free off the internet? I'm not looking for some shitty online pdf with butchered text, I want an ebook, preferably for download. It's a classic; there has to be one. I tried Project Gutenberg but they don't appear to have it either.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 10:14:57 PM
OK, I did NOT bypass the censors on that one. Not deliberately. I didn't even realize that I used an uncensored curse word.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 9:20:30 AM
http://www.ntslibrary.com... (PDF)
http://archive.org... (Online Ebook)
http://archive.org... (HTML)
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 1:16:22 PM
The first and third ones are exactly what I meant by "sh!tty PDF with butchered text." The second one appears to be in a readable format, although I wish I could zoom in to get bigger text. That's why I wanted a download; it's much more comfortable in every way on Windows Reader.

Also, are there ebooks with clickable citations?
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 2:08:40 PM
At 9/19/2013 1:16:22 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
The first and third ones are exactly what I meant by "sh!tty PDF with butchered text." The second one appears to be in a readable format, although I wish I could zoom in to get bigger text. That's why I wanted a download; it's much more comfortable in every way on Windows Reader.

The Fool: okay begger
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 6:40:15 PM
At 9/19/2013 2:08:40 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Fool: okay begger

^

If you want bells and whistles, pay for them. As it is, the PDF looks fine to me.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 10:15:33 PM
At 9/18/2013 10:14:57 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
OK, I did NOT bypass the censors on that one. Not deliberately. I didn't even realize that I used an uncensored curse word.

It's ok. Fuckwit isn't censored either... for now.
Tsar of DDO
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 8:21:53 PM

Want us to read it for you too?

You can do a Google search for "a history of western philosophy free download" and you'll get about a hundred to choose from, I think you'll need to work at it to find the one you want and if working hard at it isn't your thing then don't bother.

Trust me, just getting through the book is very hard work, if you aren't ready to work hard you won't get anything out of it
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2013 12:59:31 PM
Just buy it in print. It's worth it.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere