Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

When Does Gov. Become Worth Overthrowing?

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 10:33:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Define "overthrowing".
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 4:48:16 PM
I would probably say when its leader(s) consistently and knowingly break the nations' constitution, and/or international law.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 8:43:12 PM
When it can no longer provide security for its charge.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 4:48:14 PM
When it doesn't meet the minimum standard required and/or expected by the people?
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 8:35:35 PM
The founders of the United States only went as far as violent rebellion after their economic freedoms had been infringed upon in violation of their legal rights, they were denied their right to petition and representation in Parliament, (according to the Declaration of Independence) the British government hired foreign powers (certain Indians tribes) to raid British colonies. And the last straw, Royal Marines raided the town powder magazine in the town square of Williamsburg, Virginia.

These were patriotic British citizens who had been denied:
representation
protection
petition
and
defense.
The British Crown no longer considered them equal subjects with even urchins on the streets of London or Liverpool.

Essentially, the British Crown left them. I think THAT was a justified rebellion.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 8:48:53 PM
If you're asking, when will it be worth overthrowing THIS government? Who will rule in their place? It's already popularly elected. The voice of the popular rebellion will only demand more of the same. The government is not far enough out of line with the wishes of the effective majority to allow a significant change in direction from where we're already headed. The government may be out of touch with reality, but it is not out of touch with the people.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 9:19:22 PM
When GeoLaureate8, GWL-CPA, or Anti-atheist run it
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA