The Big Bang Theory is illogical

Inspired
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 10:25:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.big-bang-theory.com...

I am not a regular visitor to the forums, although I'd like to be, so I'm not sure if anyone has already posted this topic or not. If yes, I apologize and this can be deleted immediately. This is for those interested in a forum debate. I am referring to the theory itself, not the TV show of course.

For one thing, you cannot use science to prove/disprove the theory because it is just that....a theory. The Big Bang Theory states that 13.7 BYA (currently), the universe sprang into existence from a singularity. But where did this singularity come from? The scientific method states that in order for something to be proven it must follow the steps of the scientific method listed below:

1. Observe some aspect of the universe.
2. Invent a tentative description, called a hypothesis, that is consistent with what you have observed.
3. Use the hypothesis to make predictions.
4. Test those predictions by experiments or further observations and modify the hypothesis in the light of your results.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until there are no discrepancies between theory and experiment and/or observation.

By definition of dictionary.com, a theory is "a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena:"

Now that we have set parameters and definition in place, let us discuss the theory itself. According to science, the Big Bang Theory is completely illogical and shouldn't even be referred to as a theory! Frankly, I am amazed that this ridiculous idea has gotten to the theory stage. By definition, the Big Bang "Theory" cannot be tested and it is certainly not coherent in any sort of group. The only thing correct about the definition is that the Big Bang Theory is widely accepted by scientists as an explanation, although as mentioned before I am completely dumbfounded as to why.

What do you think? Why do scientists even regard this as science?
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 10:46:10 PM
At 11/10/2013 10:25:54 PM, Inspired wrote:

I am not a regular visitor to the forums, although I'd like to be, so I'm not sure if anyone has already posted this topic or not. If yes, I apologize and this can be deleted immediately. This is for those interested in a forum debate. I am referring to the theory itself, not the TV show of course.

For one thing, you cannot use science to prove/disprove the theory because it is just that....a theory. The Big Bang Theory states that 13.7 BYA (currently), the universe sprang into existence from a singularity. But where did this singularity come from? The scientific method states that in order for something to be proven it must follow the steps of the scientific method listed below:

2. Invent a tentative description, called a hypothesis, that is consistent with what you have observed.
4. Test those predictions by experiments or further observations and modify the hypothesis in the light of your results.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until there are no discrepancies between theory and experiment and/or observation.

By definition of dictionary.com, a theory is "a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena:"

Now that we have set parameters and definition in place, let us discuss the theory itself. According to science, the Big Bang Theory is completely illogical and shouldn't even be referred to as a theory! Frankly, I am amazed that this ridiculous idea has gotten to the theory stage. By definition, the Big Bang "Theory" cannot be tested and it is certainly not coherent in any sort of group. The only thing correct about the definition is that the Big Bang Theory is widely accepted by scientists as an explanation, although as mentioned before I am completely dumbfounded as to why.

The Big Bang Theory adheres to the scientific method you listed. So, I am "completely dumbfounded" as to why you think there is a problem. The Big Bang Theory is universally accepted by cosmologists because the evidence for it is so overwhelming. If you don't value evidence, then I don't know what to tell you.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 10:47:50 PM
At 11/10/2013 10:25:54 PM, Inspired wrote:

Saying that The Big Bang cannot be tested was rather embarrassing on your behalf. I suggest doing some actual research:

"Tests of Big Bang Cosmology"
http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov...
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 10:50:02 PM
Since so many predictions have been confirmed, we can say The Big Bang happened with confidence. The Big Bang has passed all tests with flying colors. Also, the singularity idea is outdated. That aspect of The Big Bang will probably disappear when we get a solid theory of quantum gravity.