Jump to topic:

Spinko's dickbaggery.

Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 9:52:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Why is it that asking him a question or trying to engage with him in any way results in him giving a terse, flippant response that doesn't tell you anything more than a condescending pat on the head? Questioning further results in name-calling. I've experienced this multiple times, most recently when I tried to ask a basic question about Popper's epistemology.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 10:10:20 AM
At 11/13/2013 9:52:44 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Why is it that asking him a question or trying to engage with him in any way results in him giving a terse, flippant response that doesn't tell you anything more than a condescending pat on the head? Questioning further results in name-calling. I've experienced this multiple times, most recently when I tried to ask a basic question about Popper's epistemology.

He might be irritated with the way you ask a question.
Tsar of DDO
Wren_cyborg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 10:23:38 AM
If you're going to call him a dickbag and complain that he's calling you names, it's probably going to lead most of us to find your complaints hypocritical.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 10:48:12 AM
At 11/13/2013 10:10:20 AM, YYW wrote:

I find that pretty hard to believe.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 10:51:48 AM
At 11/13/2013 10:48:12 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 11/13/2013 10:10:20 AM, YYW wrote:

I find that pretty hard to believe.

That, in and of itself, might be one of the sources of the problem.
Tsar of DDO
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 12:55:52 PM
At 11/13/2013 10:23:38 AM, Wren_cyborg wrote:
If you're going to call him a dickbag and complain that he's calling you names, it's probably going to lead most of us to find your complaints hypocritical.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 12:59:20 PM
At 11/13/2013 12:55:52 PM, Wnope wrote:
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 1:20:20 PM

He did it without provocation. I don't mind the name-calling, it's the context.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 1:54:00 PM
He's been saying not nice things about me in a mafia game too, but he sucks at mafia so it's okay lol
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 2:42:02 PM

lmao if it were appropriate to manage one's misgivings against another member in this manner, do you have any idea how many threads there would be about your obnoxious demeanor?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 2:57:15 PM
At 11/13/2013 2:42:02 PM, 000ike wrote:

lmao if it were appropriate to manage one's misgivings against another member in this manner, do you have any idea how many threads there would be about your obnoxious demeanor?

Felt like it.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 3:00:42 PM
Even if what you're suggesting is true, is it really so bad? I think that sort of behavior is something through which everyone, particularly at our age, must go (and from which I don't think anyone ever really escapes). It was not so long ago that I was a very militant libertarian, not just as an Objectivist, but particularly as an AnCap. As a remedy, I think guidance and patience are preferable to public persecution.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 3:01:20 PM
At 11/13/2013 2:57:15 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 11/13/2013 2:42:02 PM, 000ike wrote:

Felt like it.

And yet you wonder why you were spoken to in that manner...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 4:15:51 PM
At 11/13/2013 3:00:42 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Even if what you're suggesting is true, is it really so bad? I think that sort of behavior is something through which everyone, particularly at our age, must go (and from which I don't think anyone ever really escapes). It was not so long ago that I was a very militant libertarian, not just as an Objectivist, but particularly as an AnCap. As a remedy, I think guidance and patience are preferable to public persecution.

What are you now? I had about 4 pages of that thing read (and none of it understood) before my computer had to restart to install updates.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 5:36:04 PM

Do you suppose it could have something to do with you referring to him as a dickbag?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 5:37:10 PM
At 11/13/2013 5:36:04 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

Do you suppose it could have something to do with you referring to him as a dickbag?

Probably not, given that I asked him a full twelve hours before doing so.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 6:15:17 PM

I'd be interested to hear why you've since rejected Objectivism/ Ancap.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 6:19:38 PM
At 11/13/2013 5:37:10 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 11/13/2013 5:36:04 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

Probably not, given that I asked him a full twelve hours before doing so.

Perhaps he saw it coming.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 6:59:08 PM
At 11/13/2013 1:20:20 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

That's nice and all, but it doesn't change the fact that you created a thread specific to an individual and called him a "dickbag" because he didn't answer you nicely.

It's a bit like compensating for someone mentioning your hair looks bad by saying you f*cked their dead mother.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 10:30:44 PM
At 11/13/2013 6:59:08 PM, Wnope wrote:

That's nice and all, but it doesn't change the fact that you created a thread specific to an individual and called him a "dickbag" because he didn't answer you nicely.

It's a bit like compensating for someone mentioning your hair looks bad by saying you f*cked their dead mother.

He led me on for twelve hours in order to tell me to shove off, and what a derp I was.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 11:04:03 PM
There's no better way to show off your moral superiority than by creating a thread complaining about other people.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 11:36:05 PM
At 11/13/2013 11:04:03 PM, FREEDO wrote:
There's no better way to show off your moral superiority than by creating a thread complaining about other people.

The Fool: Noumena has been talking shi-t about people in other forums so he deserves it. He is such coward.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 11:41:23 PM
At 11/13/2013 11:36:05 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Fool: Noumena has been talking shi-t about people in other forums so he deserves it. He is such coward.

Lets all talk shit about each other, that's a great idea. Lets do that instead of discovering our issues and reconciling. God forbid we have any time left for intelligent conversation.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 11:43:29 PM
At 11/13/2013 6:59:08 PM, Wnope wrote:

The Fool: You should be able to call out people who Sh-it about you in other threads, and beside he was douche to everybody in the Philosophy forum saying that 90% of everybody here are trolls want-to-be and pseudo-intellectuals. Whens he is barely a first year student, in philosophy and hardly knows what he is talking about. A First years student "as a Douche",

I mean what else is he good for.

<(8D)

Opinions.

Ideological One.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 11:45:54 PM
At 11/13/2013 11:41:23 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Lets all talk shit about each other, that's a great idea. Lets do that instead of discovering our issues and reconciling. God forbid we have any time left for intelligent conversation.

The Fool: I mean coward objectivity, in that someone who makes claims and instead of backing them up RUNS away and hides. Is that not what a coward is in the Literal descriptive sense.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 11:49:58 PM

The Fool: Yes you think many things, and make many claims but never have support for them.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 10:24:05 AM
Never had the described issue with him. In fact, he was even overly apologetic when he merely felt like he was being evasive in response to some questions. So, if anything, it's a bit self conscious and tries not to do that.

So it must just be you.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 10:25:28 AM
At 11/13/2013 12:59:20 PM, muzebreak wrote:
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 1:07:20 PM
At 11/13/2013 11:41:23 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Listen you ugly, stupid, unwashed b*stard, PROVE he forbid it. Go on.