Jump to topic:

Mankind's Animal Tendencies

Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2013 11:48:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello everyone (To those of you who remember me)! It's been a long time. I suppose this could go under "Society" too. Either way, I would like to hear your opinions on this post:

http://www.thebasementphilosophy.blogspot.com...
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
ADreamOfLiberty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2013 11:24:56 PM
So why hate your fellow man? They are human as well; they are likely to make mistakes and act upon emotion just as much as you are.

They make more mistakes than I do, they act on emotion more than I do; and then they make me pay the same or worse price for their irrationality as they themselves pay.

You talk about progress but your advice is at youngest two thousand years old. Rely on reason, do not let emotions cloud your judgement; and especially:

Don't use it to your advantage, but to the advantage of your fellow man.

... altruism.

I used to believe in the rhetoric that rationality and freedom are virtues espoused by the masses but I no longer do. The world is full of fully capable minds who have chosen to not think about those issues that are most important because the 'system' as you put it will not change on account of reason but force and people like you have told them to make peace with the system because violence is the greater evil.

They hobble themselves and the corpse of their objective faculty is superseded by cultural inheritance and gut reactions. For those who have done this there is no rescue, nor from me any forgiveness.
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2013 1:14:00 AM
"Animal tendencies"? Is there an innate guideline from which to denote such a thing as 'deviation'?
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2013 4:18:26 AM
Thank you both for your scholarly responses.
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates