Jump to topic:

Neo Was Never Freed?

Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 2:42:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The 'real world' in the movie The Matrix must have just been another level of The Matrix, as Neo was able to stop sentinels with his mind in the 'real world'. Discuss....
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 5:24:22 PM
At 1/7/2014 2:42:09 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
The 'real world' in the movie The Matrix must have just been another level of The Matrix, as Neo was able to stop sentinels with his mind in the 'real world'. Discuss....

I like this. This is probably very close to what "actually" occurred.

It would produce all of the "drama" that the "architect" could not account for without any of the actual, physical side effects.

It would also account for how all of the programs that were assimilated by Smith were somehow back to their normal selves afterward. That would make sense had the entire exercise simply been another layer of control.

It would also account for how Smith, a program, was able to "transcend" reality by assimilating a human in "real life".
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 6:23:03 PM
And this is to illustrate what? What I'm talking about when I say solipsism is all-encompassing/irrefutable, correct. There is only choice, red or blue. Your retarded sciency games are to embrace illusion, RT; that lovely thought that you have it all under control.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 6:44:34 PM
At 1/7/2014 6:23:03 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
And this is to illustrate what? What I'm talking about when I say solipsism is all-encompassing/irrefutable, correct. There is only choice, red or blue. Your retarded sciency games are to embrace illusion, RT; that lovely thought that you have it all under control.

Just how obsessed are you with me? I know I am drop dead gorgeous but sorry, I don't roll that way. Find another poster to follow around like a lost puppy.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 7:06:56 PM

Well that's the choice I suppose that is left for the view either.........

1) Neo's powers started to extend beyond the matrix into the real world.....

2) What Neo thought was the real world and him using his matrix powers was him still just being in the matrix still.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 9:22:56 PM
OK so then why did the movie continue on without Neo after he DIED.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 9:32:34 PM
At 1/7/2014 9:22:56 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

Because Neo is not the Matrix.
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 9:33:45 PM

This is an old conspiracy theory that has been around since about 2 weeks after the film first came out.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 9:35:30 PM
At 1/7/2014 9:32:34 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

But if it's in his head then the movie would be over as soon as he died, wouldn't it?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 9:36:17 PM
At 1/7/2014 9:35:30 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

But if it's in his head then the movie would be over as soon as he died, wouldn't it?

No one said it was in his head. All they said was that what was "real" was another level of the matrix.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 10:48:47 PM
At 1/7/2014 9:36:17 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 1/7/2014 9:35:30 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

No one said it was in his head. All they said was that what was "real" was another level of the matrix.

Oh. So the cave is in the matrix, and the 1990s world is a program within that program... If solipsism is the idea we are trying to portray then I suppose that is a logical conclusion, and even more importantly a good basis for more sequels! It's an interesting concept, to have a program within a program. As far as philosophical solipsism is concerned, however, I find no practical use for it. It may be logically paralyzing, but I prefer explanations of reality that include the life around me as well, not just myself.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2014 1:35:53 PM
Neo would never be able to prove that he was free from the Matrix. Even if he freed himself from the "real world," where would he end up? In yet another program, perhaps?