Jump to topic:

Investing energy

Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2014 7:03:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What if, when we invest energy in the form of love or hate towards a creature. This energy is then released into the world upon the instant of the creatures death?

What if this energy, upon release, manifests in others as well? Just thinking; this could be philosophical, spiritual or maybe even scientific in nature.

Perhaps, this is what we define as "karma."
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2014 9:10:41 PM
That would be fascinating to see... I do think that the power of love is extremely powerful and unlike anything else we know.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2014 8:28:49 AM
Science-fiction isn't necessary if you understand morality well-enough...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Pareidolic-Dreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2014 2:49:09 AM
At 1/18/2014 7:03:16 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
What if, when we invest energy in the form of love or hate towards a creature. This energy is then released into the world upon the instant of the creatures death?

What if this energy, upon release, manifests in others as well? Just thinking; this could be philosophical, spiritual or maybe even scientific in nature.

Very happy to see iimagination being used in a discussion of a spiritual nature.

Let me add a proposition to yours:

what if there is a universal mind, and if we invest that energy in ourselves, it then radiates out into the universal mind while we are still alive?
This way every human could conceivably experience that energy while we still live.
We could change the world with thoughts like these!

If you want to get more serious about imagining how things could be, let me know. I'll play all day.
Pareidolic-Dreamer
I see wall people.

When I argue against someone's truths, I always feel like I am arguing just as strongly against my own.
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2014 9:56:31 AM
At 1/20/2014 2:49:09 AM, Pareidolic-Dreamer wrote:
At 1/18/2014 7:03:16 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:

Very happy to see iimagination being used in a discussion of a spiritual nature.

Let me add a proposition to yours:

what if there is a universal mind, and if we invest that energy in ourselves, it then radiates out into the universal mind while we are still alive?
This way every human could conceivably experience that energy while we still live.
We could change the world with thoughts like these!

If you want to get more serious about imagining how things could be, let me know. I'll play all day.

That's a very interesting paradigm for the diversion of energy. I would certainly speak with you about this in further detail, if necessary.
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2014 9:57:38 AM
At 1/18/2014 9:10:41 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
That would be fascinating to see... I do think that the power of love is extremely powerful and unlike anything else we know.

I agree completely. Regardless of scientific principles, it's one of the few universally meaningful things in this world.
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2014 9:59:00 AM
At 1/19/2014 4:42:30 AM, tahir.imanov wrote:
Love or hate is not an energy, they are just chemical reactions.

True, but the intent to show love or hate; the actions that one expresses towards a creature that manifests as love or hate: that is what I speak of.