whatledge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 12:46:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/30/2014 8:54:40 PM, peacegirl wrote:
Hi everyone,

I happened to find this website on google. I decided to join so that I could introduce a discovery that my father made in 1959 which lies locked behind the door of determinism. Unfortunately, he was unable to bring this knowledge to light in his lifetime. I recently compiled his 7 books (all on the same subject) and created a website to help in this important cause. I hope that through my grassroots effort, it will eventually reach top scientists who can stamp this knowledge with the brevet of truth. So as not to leave you in any further suspense, here is the website address:

http://www.declineandfallofallevil.org...

Could you possibly give more details apart from a cursory link? What is the significance of your father's work? I would appreciate a personal synopsis from his son/daughter.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 10:22:16 AM
Hi everyone,

I happened to find this website on google. I decided to join so that I could introduce a discovery that my father made in 1959 which lies locked behind the door of determinism. Unfortunately, he was unable to bring this knowledge to light in his lifetime. I recently compiled his 7 books (all on the same subject) and created a website to help in this important cause. I hope that through my grassroots effort, it will eventually reach top scientists who can stamp this knowledge with the brevet of truth. So as not to leave you in any further suspense, here is the website address:

I have reported this as spam because peacegirl goes around posting that to different forums and websites. She spams websites such as The Canadian Forums and has decided to spam this one, it seems.

The author of this book seems like a pseudo-intellectual who lacks critical thinking skills and is simply muddying the waters like Osho to appear wise and philosophical, from what I've read of the free sample on that website. I'm half-tempted to buy the book from Amazon, if not for the fact that this could be just spam to get people to buy a 43$ book.

However, this is the only Amazon review I could find:

"The book is presented in an awkward style where the author presents imaginary conversations he's having with people that he readily gets the best of. The other person then gushes enthusiastically about the authors reasoning. The prose and self glorification aren't the only problems with the text though.

Lessan likes to present even his philosophical ideas as scientific validated theories.

However not all of them are even testable hypothesis, and the ones that are testable he never bothered to try testing, or apparently reading any research in the field that was available even at the time the book was written.

His first discovery regarding free will he claims will lead to a world in which no one can hurt another person. The caveat is that these ideas can only been tested when he first has complete compliance from the entire worlds population. This last part even requires a period of military action first where dissenters are taken care of.

His second discovery, being the most testable, proves to be the weakest. Here the author claims that he can perceive an event, in real time, over great distances, without the light from the object having to have first had time to reach our eye. That perception was a process occurring without light reaching the eye and at greater than light speeds.

The most famous of his examples is seeing our newly ignited instantly sun eight minutes before the first rays of its' light can touch the earth.

The claims he lays out here are easily testable, don't match any observation ever made, and defy everything known about light, optics, and physics.

This would be Lessans worst mistake if we didn't get to his third discovery.

The third claim involves proving we are born again through an argument involving pronoun usage. The difference between people saying I or You and a person's inability to say I any more after their death convinced him that one of those other You out there must now be I.

These are without a doubt one of the most poorly reasoned proofs I've ever seen collected in one book. Save your money."
peacegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 10:55:49 AM
At 1/31/2014 12:46:14 AM, whatledge wrote:
Hi everyone,

Could you possibly give more details apart from a cursory link? What is the significance of your father's work? I would appreciate a personal synopsis from his son/daughter.[/quote]

It is very difficult to explain this discovery in a post. I've been there and done that, and there is too much misunderstanding. This knowledge lies locked behind the door of determinism. Here is a short synopsis that is on the copyright page which may help give you a better idea of what this is about.

Summary: Many theories as to how world peace could be achieved have been proposed, yet war has once again taken its deadly toll in the 21st century. The dream of peace has remained an unattainable goal -- until now. The following pages reveal a scientific discovery regarding a psychological law of man's nature never before understood. This finding was hidden so successfully behind layers and layers of dogma and misunderstanding that no one knew a deeper truth existed. Once this natural law becomes a permanent condition of the environment, it will allow mankind, for the very first time, to veer in a different direction -- preventing the never-ending cycle of hurt and retaliation in human relations. Although this discovery was borne out of philosophical thought, it is factual, not theoretical, in nature.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 11:00:46 AM
At 1/31/2014 10:55:49 AM, peacegirl wrote:
At 1/31/2014 12:46:14 AM, whatledge wrote:
Hi everyone,

Could you possibly give more details apart from a cursory link? What is the significance of your father's work? I would appreciate a personal synopsis from his son/daughter.[/quote]

It is very difficult to explain this discovery in a post. I've been there and done that, and there is too much misunderstanding. This knowledge lies locked behind the door of determinism. Here is a short synopsis that is on the copyright page which may help give you a better idea of what this is about.

Summary: Many theories as to how world peace could be achieved have been proposed, yet war has once again taken its deadly toll in the 21st century. The dream of peace has remained an unattainable goal -- until now. The following pages reveal a scientific discovery regarding a psychological law of man's nature never before understood. This finding was hidden so successfully behind layers and layers of dogma and misunderstanding that no one knew a deeper truth existed. Once this natural law becomes a permanent condition of the environment, it will allow mankind, for the very first time, to veer in a different direction -- preventing the never-ending cycle of hurt and retaliation in human relations. Although this discovery was borne out of philosophical thought, it is factual, not theoretical, in nature.

Go spam your ads somewhere else.
peacegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 11:01:55 AM
At 1/31/2014 10:22:16 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have reported this as spam because peacegirl goes around posting that to different forums and websites. She spams websites such as The Canadian Forums and has decided to spam this one, it seems.

The author of this book seems like a pseudo-intellectual who lacks critical thinking skills and is simply muddying the waters like Osho to appear wise and philosophical, from what I've read of the free sample on that website. I'm half-tempted to buy the book from Amazon, if not for the fact that this could be just spam to get people to buy a 43$ book.

"The book is presented in an awkward style where the author presents imaginary conversations he's having with people that he readily gets the best of. The other person then gushes enthusiastically about the authors reasoning. The prose and self glorification aren't the only problems with the text though.

Lessan likes to present even his philosophical ideas as scientific validated theories.

However not all of them are even testable hypothesis, and the ones that are testable he never bothered to try testing, or apparently reading any research in the field that was available even at the time the book was written.

His first discovery regarding free will he claims will lead to a world in which no one can hurt another person. The caveat is that these ideas can only been tested when he first has complete compliance from the entire worlds population. This last part even requires a period of military action first where dissenters are taken care of.

His second discovery, being the most testable, proves to be the weakest. Here the author claims that he can perceive an event, in real time, over great distances, without the light from the object having to have first had time to reach our eye. That perception was a process occurring without light reaching the eye and at greater than light speeds.

The most famous of his examples is seeing our newly ignited instantly sun eight minutes before the first rays of its' light can touch the earth.

The claims he lays out here are easily testable, don't match any observation ever made, and defy everything known about light, optics, and physics.

The third claim involves proving we are born again through an argument involving pronoun usage. The difference between people saying I or You and a person's inability to say I any more after their death convinced him that one of those other You out there must now be I.

These are without a doubt one of the most poorly reasoned proofs I've ever seen collected in one book. Save your money."

This review was a total misrepresentation of what the book is about. I haven't even begun to promote this book which is why there isn't any more reviews. Soon there will be more and they will be much more positive. The fact that for the last few years I went to a few websites does not make me a spammer. That would mean anyone who moves from one forum to another is a troll. That's ridiculous. If I was out to make money, I would not be giving this knowledge away for free. If you go to the menu where it says: Beyond the Framework of Modern Thought, you would see that I'm giving the entire audio away, so how am I doing anything underhanded? Wow, for a debate forum this would cut off a debate before it even started.
peacegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 11:11:31 AM
At 1/31/2014 11:01:55 AM, peacegirl wrote:
At 1/31/2014 10:22:16 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Hi everyone,

This review was a total misrepresentation of what the book is about. I haven't even begun to promote this book which is why there aren't more reviews. Soon there will be more and they will be much more positive. The fact that for the last few years I went to a few websites does not make me a spammer. That would mean anyone who moves from one forum to another is a troll. That's ridiculous. If I was out to make money, I would not be giving this knowledge away for free. If you go to the menu where it says: Beyond the Framework of Modern Thought, you would see that I'm giving the entire audio away, so how am I doing anything underhanded? Wow, for a debate forum this would cut off a debate before it even started.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 11:26:48 AM
You were reported for spam for simply offering an external link with a promotion paragraph.

Moreover, your scientific discovery is just hogwash. The book speaks of something it never actually gives. This to me seems like utter deception. If you provide a free ebook, I will read this book simply to see i it has any substantial content, but I'm not paying 43$ for something that sounds utterly ridiculous.
peacegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 1:34:14 PM
At 1/31/2014 11:26:48 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
You were reported for spam for simply offering an external link with a promotion paragraph.

Moreover, your scientific discovery is just hogwash. The book speaks of something it never actually gives.

PG: How do you know this if you haven't studied it?

NM: This to me seems like utter deception. If you provide a free ebook, I will read this book simply to see i it has any substantial content, but I'm not paying 43$ for something that sounds utterly ridiculous.

PG: Why? Because at first it sounds too fantastic to be believable? I understand your skepticism, but for you to accuse me of being a fraud is not fair at all.

FYI I have no control over the pricing for the book. The publisher does. They have to pay their employees, and I get a small royalty. Why are you so resentful just because I am getting a small payment for my labor? You are interpreting everything in the worst possible light. I'm also giving people a free audio to listen to read by the author. Doesn't that give you a little more trust that I'm not out to scam or spam anyone?
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 1:41:04 PM
At 1/31/2014 1:34:14 PM, peacegirl wrote:

Moreover, your scientific discovery is just hogwash. The book speaks of something it never actually gives.

NM: This to me seems like utter deception. If you provide a free ebook, I will read this book simply to see i it has any substantial content, but I'm not paying 43$ for something that sounds utterly ridiculous.

PG: Why? Because at first it sounds too fantastic to be believable? I understand your skepticism, but for you to accuse me of being a fraud is not fair at all.

FYI I have no control over the pricing for the book. The publisher does. They have to pay their employees, and I get a small royalty. Why are you so resentful just because I am getting a small payment for my labor? You are interpreting everything in the worst possible light. I'm also giving people a free audio to listen to read by the author. Doesn't that give you a little more trust that I'm not out to scam or spam anyone?

No.
peacegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 2:02:18 PM
At 1/31/2014 1:41:04 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 1/31/2014 1:34:14 PM, peacegirl wrote:

No.

PG: Well it ought.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 4:18:13 PM
Hi everyone,

I thought the revolution was in Syria...
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 8:41:00 PM
At 1/31/2014 4:18:13 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Hi everyone,

I thought the revolution was in Syria...

The Fool: Oh come on, It"s a great Continental Philosophy Classic.
It"s post-postmodern and beyond, therefore, it"s really advanced, and true.

<(8D)

And not false.

In fact, it's beyond Truth.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL