Jump to topic:

I Came up With This Quote a Few Moments Ago

Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 12:54:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Just to make clear, I'm not a professional "quote-maker", I am just an atheist teenager who values scientific fact over any silly book of fairy-tales and mythology written over 3500 years ago. That said, I am open to any and all criticisms.

"In this moment, I am euphoric, not because of any phony God's blessing, but because, I am enlightened by my own intelligence."

Eh?
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 1:19:38 PM
You don't just make up quotes so you can be quoted on it, without any meaningful context.

If you're just out to stroke your own ego, at least be sly about it and actually slip it into a conversation or article.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 1:21:02 PM
At 2/3/2014 12:54:48 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Just to make clear, I'm not a professional "quote-maker", I am just an atheist teenager who values scientific fact over any silly book of fairy-tales and mythology written over 3500 years ago. That said, I am open to any and all criticisms.

"In this moment, I am euphoric, not because of any phony God's blessing, but because, I am enlightened by my own intelligence."

Eh?

Remove the word phony. It doesn't sound right.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 1:21:22 PM
At 2/3/2014 1:21:02 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:

Eh?

Remove the word phony. It doesn't sound right.
And that comma after because.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 11:53:01 AM
The guy's faking it. He doesn't have a fedora.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 11:57:35 AM
So you're happy because you think you're smart...

... and you're basing this idea of intelligence on the fact that you don't believe in a God's blessing...

... which is obviously making other people happy...

... but not you and because you know that you're still happy?

Stupid. You're happy because you think you're intelligent. Big deal.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 12:57:24 PM

Eh?

I've been reading quotes for about 12 years, I've read absolute thousands of them, I can sometimes even tell who spoke the quotes even before seeing who the author was.

And I know a good quote when I see one, yours isn't a good quote I am afraid to say.

There is no merit in giving yourself merit.

Now that's a good quote.