Jump to topic:

Spongebob and balloon theft

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2014 11:04:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
So, yesterday the old episode of spongebob was on where Patrick and Spongebob "stole" a balloon, freaked out their theft, only to find out later on that it was "free balloon day" and they weren't held legally accountable.

Morally though, they were at fault weren't they? Should this have been a real case, and it could be proven that they took the balloon not knowing it was free with the *intent* to steal, should they still have been held accountable?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2014 12:03:53 PM
At 2/16/2014 11:04:40 AM, thett3 wrote:
So, yesterday the old episode of spongebob was on where Patrick and Spongebob "stole" a balloon, freaked out their theft, only to find out later on that it was "free balloon day" and they weren't held legally accountable.

Morally though, they were at fault weren't they?

Yes.

Should this have been a real case, and it could be proven that they took the balloon not knowing it was free with the *intent* to steal, should they still have been held accountable?

Yes.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2014 12:07:30 PM
At 2/16/2014 12:03:53 PM, Such wrote:

Yes.

Should this have been a real case, and it could be proven that they took the balloon not knowing it was free with the *intent* to steal, should they still have been held accountable?

Yes.

Yeah, I thought so too. Do you know if there is any legal precedent for such a case?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2014 12:43:02 PM
At 2/16/2014 12:07:30 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/16/2014 12:03:53 PM, Such wrote:

Yes.

Yes.

Yeah, I thought so too. Do you know if there is any legal precedent for such a case?

If no law has been broken there can be no prosecution.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2014 1:51:52 PM

Morally though, they were at fault weren't they? Should this have been a real case, and it could be proven that they took the balloon not knowing it was free with the *intent* to steal, should they still have been held accountable?

I'm more interested in whether or not the Krusty Krab is up to code.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Jack212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2014 9:44:23 PM

Even if it was theft, they wouldn't be prosecuted over one balloon. I imagine the statute of limitations for that would be "grow the f*ck up, it's just a balloon".
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 8:43:21 PM
What about Austin and Ally? Austin stole Ally's song and the dude who tried to take Austin's fame as well!
I think they both deserved to be punished.
(Although I still ship, Austly. Sssh!)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
marinaspins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 6:47:59 AM
What a great episode haha i also like it when patrick gets all pissy and says "you stole my candy bar". this entire episode i think is just for entertainment. the only lesson it would possibly teach is that sometimes when you do the wrong thing, you can get away with it. even though they really didnt do the wrong thing, they still freaked out and turned themselves in. this was not meant to be a lesson but for entertainment.
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 1:37:22 PM

The breaking of the law has to merit motive and action, not just motive.