KingDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 7:11:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
is anomal tests good or bad?
I say good really.
I mean, who cares about a monkey's feelings?
We never consider it in other areas of thinking, so why consider it here? It makes no sense to a logical person like me.
Also, the only reason we have products is because they're good. So surely the mammimals would enjoy this, not suffer from it. So, enammimal testing is REALLY a good thing.
Animals are dead stupid as well. They desertv it.

Thank you.

no offence
chui
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 10:43:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/6/2014 7:11:33 AM, KingDebater wrote:
is anomal tests good or bad?
I say good really.
I mean, who cares about a monkey's feelings?

The people doing the testing often care about the feelings of the monkey because the results of the test can become useless if the monkey is distressed. For example if you test a new drug the efficacy of the drug can be limited if the monkey is suffering from depression.

We never consider it in other areas of thinking, so why consider it here? It makes no sense to a logical person like me.

What other areas of thinking are you talking about? It's only logical to consider animal welfare if you are caring for or using animals. Zoos, farms and abattoirs all have rules for dealing with animals.

Also, the only reason we have products is because they're good. So surely the mammimals would enjoy this, not suffer from it. So, enammimal testing is REALLY a good thing.
Animals are dead stupid as well. They desertv it.

Saying they deserve it suggests you are simply being cruel to animals for your own pleasure. Why has what they deserve got to do with a logical argument, you are being illogical.

Thank you.

no offence

Showing empathy for other living creatures is an important part of being human, I feel. A person who could inflict pain on animals with no feeling of guilt would be able to do the same to people.