Jump to topic:

Millions of Cogs

bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2014 6:17:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
History is filled with billions of faceless, nameless individuals who nobody remembers. They got a job that nobody remembers or cares about. They married somebody who had an equally meaningless existence and together they had children who led meaningless lives. They died and nobody remembers their names today. All they did in life was serve as one cog out of millions of cogs that sustained the societal machine and pass on offspring who continued the same meaningless cycle.
That is you and me. Nobody will remember us when we are dead. Perhaps our family and friends will...as long as they're alive. But as long as we're one of the faceless, nameless cogs in the machine, nobody will remember us.

On the other hand, a very tiny percentage of the population in each generation decided that they wouldn't be another faceless cog. They were men and women who did legendary deeds, and we remember these people even after they've been in the grave for a thousand years.
Then again, I suppose that if everybody were to stand out, nobody would.

Do you want to continue to live the same meaningless existence, or do you want to be one of the cogs who leave behind a remembered legacy, a shadow that shall still be seen in one hundred years?

You cannot kill a man until you've killed his shadow.
-Me-

Just something to think about.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 3:45:36 AM
At 3/7/2014 6:17:35 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
History is filled with billions of faceless, nameless individuals who nobody remembers. They got a job that nobody remembers or cares about. They married somebody who had an equally meaningless existence and together they had children who led meaningless lives. They died and nobody remembers their names today. All they did in life was serve as one cog out of millions of cogs that sustained the societal machine and pass on offspring who continued the same meaningless cycle.
That is you and me. Nobody will remember us when we are dead. Perhaps our family and friends will...as long as they're alive. But as long as we're one of the faceless, nameless cogs in the machine, nobody will remember us.

On the other hand, a very tiny percentage of the population in each generation decided that they wouldn't be another faceless cog. They were men and women who did legendary deeds, and we remember these people even after they've been in the grave for a thousand years.

Do you want to continue to live the same meaningless existence, or do you want to be one of the cogs who leave behind a remembered legacy, a shadow that shall still be seen in one hundred years?

-Me-

Well, I'm known all over the internet for rap battles, and every one in my city knows me, and when I go to Toronto, I get stopped by people who know me for the rap battle videos.

I'm sure not just some no name nobody cares about. Besides, the Barr family has lasted for as long as a lineage can (within reason), and I already have a daughter. I doubt I'll be forgotten anytime soon after I die. I'll have a big a*s funeral lol
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 10:30:57 AM
At 3/8/2014 3:45:36 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

-Me-

Well, I'm known all over the internet for rap battles, and every one in my city knows me, and when I go to Toronto, I get stopped by people who know me for the rap battle videos.

I'm sure not just some no name nobody cares about. Besides, the Barr family has lasted for as long as a lineage can (within reason), and I already have a daughter. I doubt I'll be forgotten anytime soon after I die. I'll have a big a*s funeral lol

What's your channel?
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Pareidolic-Dreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 12:08:18 PM

-Me-

Why do you stand in line at the groc store?
Why do you stand in line at the DMV?
Because there is a necessary reward at the end of those lines. After one of them, you get food for a couple of days.
After the other you get to drive to your eternal cogness, but also to other rewarding things.
Chill out. Be the cog. Be the best cog you can be, and believe that there will be a reward at the end. Just cause the end is out of sight, doesn't mean it's not worthy of your efforts.
We are building something. Sooner or later it will be special.
Pareidolic-Dreamer
I see wall people.

When I argue against someone's truths, I always feel like I am arguing just as strongly against my own.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 4:48:12 PM
At 3/8/2014 10:30:57 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 3/8/2014 3:45:36 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

-Me-

What's your channel?

The rap battles are not on my channel, they are on the KOTD (KingOfTheDot) channel. My rape name is "Bartone".