Jump to topic:

Was Hobbes a real tiger?

bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 4:26:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What do you think? Was Hobbes a figment of Calvin's imagination, or was he some kind of being which only Calvin could see?
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 6:13:55 PM
At 3/22/2014 4:26:21 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
What do you think? Was Hobbes a figment of Calvin's imagination, or was he some kind of being which only Calvin could see?

I always wanted to come to DDO as sweet-tooth, although I wouldn't enjoy being a clown in real-life.

Anyhow, Calvin was a figment of the author's imagination to begin with, so your question doesn't make any sense. I guess you're trying to make a joke or something.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 6:17:11 PM
At 3/22/2014 6:13:55 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

I always wanted to come to DDO as sweet-tooth, although I wouldn't enjoy being a clown in real-life.

Anyhow, Calvin was a figment of the author's imagination to begin with, so your question doesn't make any sense. I guess you're trying to make a joke or something.

What I mean to say is, in the universe of "Calvin and Hobbes," was Hobbes an actual tiger or did Calvin make him up?

In my opinion Hobbes might've been real. Consider it: on one occasion Hobbes cannonballed into a lake, causing Calvin to be soaked. Can a figment of your imagination do this? WOULD YOU make a figment of your imagination do this to you when you don't want to get wet?
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 6:20:15 PM
At 3/22/2014 6:17:11 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/22/2014 6:13:55 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

What I mean to say is, in the universe of "Calvin and Hobbes," was Hobbes an actual tiger or did Calvin make him up?

In my opinion Hobbes might've been real. Consider it: on one occasion Hobbes cannonballed into a lake, causing Calvin to be soaked. Can a figment of your imagination do this? WOULD YOU make a figment of your imagination do this to you when you don't want to get wet?

Oh, sorry. Well, I personally haven't read the thing, but I remember seeing on reddit that Calvin grows up but the Tiger doesn't, and so we know that he was his imaginary friend or something. And yes, imaginary friends can get wet and do amazing stuff. Man has a vivid imagery.