Jump to topic:

What is the Moral of this story?

Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 11:38:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
So, two construction workers go to work. (Let's keep in mind they can't stand each other) Both are heated rivals and are competing for the assistant manager position. Both are crafty and intelligent. Though soon, their crafty intelligence would be put to the test.. (Little did they know) Later on, the manager comes to check on the progress being made and notices something is wrong.. The work wasn't getting done fast enough as workers A and B were told just the other day today is inspection day. At the moment, the manager pointed out today was the inspection day, workers a and b still had enough time to get all the work done if they focused and just put forth good effort to get the work done before the deadline. Unfortunately, there is a problem... Worker A is now blaming worker B for having to work harder. In return, worker b blames worker a back. Worker a now becomes infuriated and calls worker b a dumb s**t . Worker b responds and says, "What did you say!?!". Worker a says, "you heard me!" Worker b responds,"You know what, how about we talk about this later.. we need to get this work done." Worker a responds, " F*** that! " Worker a then goes over to worker b and pursues to fight him. Worker b attempts to prevent a fight with a warning of what the future will bring when it comes to the deadline for the inspection. A fist fight ensues and the other workers do their best to get the job done. Consequently, everything didn't get done before the deadline and both workers a and b got fired. The end.
Kanti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:16:41 PM
At 4/1/2014 11:38:30 AM, Haroush wrote:
So, two construction workers go to work. (Let's keep in mind they can't stand each other) Both are heated rivals and are competing for the assistant manager position. Both are crafty and intelligent. Though soon, their crafty intelligence would be put to the test.. (Little did they know) Later on, the manager comes to check on the progress being made and notices something is wrong.. The work wasn't getting done fast enough as workers A and B were told just the other day today is inspection day. At the moment, the manager pointed out today was the inspection day, workers a and b still had enough time to get all the work done if they focused and just put forth good effort to get the work done before the deadline. Unfortunately, there is a problem... Worker A is now blaming worker B for having to work harder. In return, worker b blames worker a back. Worker a now becomes infuriated and calls worker b a dumb s**t . Worker b responds and says, "What did you say!?!". Worker a says, "you heard me!" Worker b responds,"You know what, how about we talk about this later.. we need to get this work done." Worker a responds, " F*** that! " Worker a then goes over to worker b and pursues to fight him. Worker b attempts to prevent a fight with a warning of what the future will bring when it comes to the deadline for the inspection. A fist fight ensues and the other workers do their best to get the job done. Consequently, everything didn't get done before the deadline and both workers a and b got fired. The end.

Well both A and B are ethical egoists which means they both are interested in advancing their own personal interest(promotion), The workplace is not conducive for this individualistic mindset because by definition the workplace is s a utilitarian environment. Multiple pieces working together for an end result. Ofcourse some people have more power but the fact of the matter is if they don't collectively work together they don't accomplish their goals. United we stand. Divided we fall.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:36:26 PM
At 4/1/2014 12:11:29 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
That's not how crafty and intelligent people act.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 1:08:10 PM

I hate to break it to you, crafty intelligent people have emotions too. They are human.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 1:11:16 PM
At 4/1/2014 1:08:10 PM, Haroush wrote:

I hate to break it to you, crafty intelligent people have emotions too. They are human.

I didn't say otherwise. I simply noted they don't act as you've depicted them.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 1:28:04 PM
At 4/1/2014 1:11:16 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

I didn't depict that all intelligent crafty people act like this, the story was specific.
Cooldudebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 1:43:51 PM

The moral of this story is stay away from @$$ holes.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 1:45:49 PM
At 4/1/2014 1:28:04 PM, Haroush wrote:

I didn't depict that all intelligent crafty people act like this, the story was specific.

To people that weren't crafty or intelligent.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 4:21:05 PM
At 4/1/2014 1:45:49 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

To people that weren't crafty or intelligent. <<<< fallacy

How do you know? Where is your evidence to prove this?
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 4:25:24 PM
At 4/1/2014 12:16:41 PM, Kanti wrote:

Well both A and B are ethical egoists which means they both are interested in advancing their own personal interest(promotion), The workplace is not conducive for this individualistic mindset because by definition the workplace is s a utilitarian environment. Multiple pieces working together for an end result. Ofcourse some people have more power but the fact of the matter is if they don't collectively work together they don't accomplish their goals. United we stand. Divided we fall.

Good answer.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 6:10:58 PM
At 4/1/2014 4:21:05 PM, Haroush wrote:
At 4/1/2014 1:45:49 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

To people that weren't crafty or intelligent. <<<< fallacy

How do you know? Where is your evidence to prove this?

The actions of the characters in your story is my evidence.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 8:51:03 AM

Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.