Total Posts:42|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

You know you've been philosophizing too long

zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 9:18:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When you read the word "casual" as "causal".

When your girlfriend asks you: "Are you thinking about football?" And you say: "NO! I'm trying to figure out if hylomorphic dualism leads to epiphenomenalism!"
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 9:20:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When you hold up a piece of red paper to your face just so you can examine "red qualia".
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
emospongebob527
Posts: 790
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 9:20:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When you try to employ hedonistic calculus in every situation you are involved in.
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 9:21:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When you see Sherlock Holmes "deduce" things, and scream "THAT'S INDUCTION YOU DUMBF*CK!!"
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
emospongebob527
Posts: 790
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 9:21:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 9:20:32 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:
When you try to employ hedonistic calculus in every situation you are involved in.

shut up, idiot. that was a bad joke. kill urself pl0x
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
emospongebob527
Posts: 790
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 9:22:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When you try put everything you hear or think of into a syllogism.
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 9:26:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 9:22:22 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:
When you try put everything you hear or think of into a syllogism.

LOL, yes.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 9:29:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When you stare at the people around you and wonder if they're not all p-zombies.

Then you think "Maybe I'm a p-zombie" and can't get to bed because you're trying to figure out how to prove you're not.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 9:30:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When someone says "philosophy is useless mental masturbation" and next thing you know you find yourself in a pool of their blood.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 9:32:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When your wife says there is nothing in the cupboard and you feel like calling her out on equivocating because empty space is not nothing.
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 9:33:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When you realize you really don't know anything at all, and then wonder how you know that.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 9:37:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When you think:

Hey... if causa sui is impossible, how can people masturb*te?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 9:40:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 9:32:32 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
When your wife says there is nothing in the cupboard and you feel like calling her out on equivocating because empty space is not nothing.

I think she'd have every right to feed you some "nothing" for dinner then...
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 9:42:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When a girl is about to go down on you but you know she won't be able to deep throat it because it is impossible to transverse the infinite.
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 9:52:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 9:22:22 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:
When you try put everything you hear or think of into a syllogism.

+1
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 9:52:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 9:42:22 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
When a girl is about to go down on you but you know she won't be able to deep throat it because it is impossible to transverse the infinite.

Sounds like someone won't be having kids any time soon ;)
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 9:52:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 9:32:32 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
When your wife says there is nothing in the cupboard and you feel like calling her out on equivocating because empty space is not nothing.

+2
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 10:27:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 9:42:22 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
When a girl is about to go down on you but you know she won't be able to deep throat it because it is impossible to transverse the infinite.

Zeno's penis ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 10:29:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When you hear people keep asking why is there something rather than nothing and you wonder why people don't ask why isn't there more stuff that exists than currently exists.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 11:49:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 9:32:32 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
When your wife says there is nothing in the cupboard and you feel like calling her out on equivocating because empty space is not nothing.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
n7
Posts: 1,360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 1:11:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
When you think of John Searle whenever you go into a Chinese restaurant.

Your friends cannot watch a zombie or post apocalyptic movie with you because you keep talking about what Kant and Mill would do in that situation.

You comfort a person who just lost their pet with " Well, Descartes thought they didn't feel anything".

Whenever someone asks you if it's possible to pick them up you ask " Nomologically, metaphysically, or logically? "
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.


Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 1:37:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
When you hear about some brutal rape/murder and you think of david humes you can't derive an ought from an is.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
n7
Posts: 1,360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 2:13:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/11/2014 2:01:29 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
When you're angry about being late but then remember you adhere to a timeless ontology

This one made me lol so hard I couldn't breathe.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.


Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 10:49:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/11/2014 2:01:29 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
When you're angry about being late but then remember you adhere to a timeless ontology

zmikecuber
When you see Sherlock Holmes "deduce" things, and scream "THAT'S INDUCTION YOU DUMBF*CK!!"

These ones are my favorite
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder