Total Posts:53|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

@ Rational_Thinker9119

Romanii
Posts: 4,865
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 5:29:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Can you please explain that self-collapsing-waves-evidence-for-God thing that you always talk about?
I remember seeing it a while ago, but I didn't have the interest in QM that I have now, so I didn't even try to understand it and now I don't remember it...

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

If RT doesn't find me worthy of his time, then can someone else who understands it explain it to me?

Kthxbai.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 11:03:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/19/2014 5:29:34 PM, Romanii wrote:
Can you please explain that self-collapsing-waves-evidence-for-God thing that you always talk about?
I remember seeing it a while ago, but I didn't have the interest in QM that I have now, so I didn't even try to understand it and now I don't remember it...

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

If RT doesn't find me worthy of his time, then can someone else who understands it explain it to me?

Kthxbai.

Well, I only used that particular argument for debate purposes. I have other reasons for believing in God (not a God from any particular religion, but some type of grand mind).
Romanii
Posts: 4,865
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 12:19:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/19/2014 11:03:40 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/19/2014 5:29:34 PM, Romanii wrote:
Can you please explain that self-collapsing-waves-evidence-for-God thing that you always talk about?
I remember seeing it a while ago, but I didn't have the interest in QM that I have now, so I didn't even try to understand it and now I don't remember it...

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

If RT doesn't find me worthy of his time, then can someone else who understands it explain it to me?

Kthxbai.

Well, I only used that particular argument for debate purposes. I have other reasons for believing in God (not a God from any particular religion, but some type of grand mind).

What are your arguments for "some type of grand mind"?
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:20:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 12:19:31 AM, Romanii wrote:
At 4/19/2014 11:03:40 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/19/2014 5:29:34 PM, Romanii wrote:
Can you please explain that self-collapsing-waves-evidence-for-God thing that you always talk about?
I remember seeing it a while ago, but I didn't have the interest in QM that I have now, so I didn't even try to understand it and now I don't remember it...

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

If RT doesn't find me worthy of his time, then can someone else who understands it explain it to me?

Kthxbai.

Well, I only used that particular argument for debate purposes. I have other reasons for believing in God (not a God from any particular religion, but some type of grand mind).

What are your arguments for "some type of grand mind"?

The Overmind!
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 12:54:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/19/2014 5:29:34 PM, Romanii wrote:
Can you please explain that self-collapsing-waves-evidence-for-God thing that you always talk about?
I remember seeing it a while ago, but I didn't have the interest in QM that I have now, so I didn't even try to understand it and now I don't remember it...

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

If RT doesn't find me worthy of his time, then can someone else who understands it explain it to me?

Kthxbai.

I though it was the universal wave function and that you can argue it was collapsed by a conscious observer? And the self collapsing wave form was consciousness according to johanan raatz. Idk if rt agrees with jr on that though. I certainly am skeptical
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:54:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 12:19:31 AM, Romanii wrote:
At 4/19/2014 11:03:40 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/19/2014 5:29:34 PM, Romanii wrote:
Can you please explain that self-collapsing-waves-evidence-for-God thing that you always talk about?
I remember seeing it a while ago, but I didn't have the interest in QM that I have now, so I didn't even try to understand it and now I don't remember it...

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

If RT doesn't find me worthy of his time, then can someone else who understands it explain it to me?

Kthxbai.

Well, I only used that particular argument for debate purposes. I have other reasons for believing in God (not a God from any particular religion, but some type of grand mind).

What are your arguments for "some type of grand mind"?

That's just a deferential phrase he uses to refer to Sidewalker.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:59:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 7:54:57 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 4/20/2014 12:19:31 AM, Romanii wrote:
At 4/19/2014 11:03:40 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/19/2014 5:29:34 PM, Romanii wrote:
Can you please explain that self-collapsing-waves-evidence-for-God thing that you always talk about?
I remember seeing it a while ago, but I didn't have the interest in QM that I have now, so I didn't even try to understand it and now I don't remember it...

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

If RT doesn't find me worthy of his time, then can someone else who understands it explain it to me?

Kthxbai.

Well, I only used that particular argument for debate purposes. I have other reasons for believing in God (not a God from any particular religion, but some type of grand mind).

What are your arguments for "some type of grand mind"?

That's just a deferential phrase he uses to refer to Sidewalker.

Bahahahaha!
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 8:55:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 7:59:14 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 4/21/2014 7:54:57 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 4/20/2014 12:19:31 AM, Romanii wrote:
At 4/19/2014 11:03:40 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/19/2014 5:29:34 PM, Romanii wrote:
Can you please explain that self-collapsing-waves-evidence-for-God thing that you always talk about?
I remember seeing it a while ago, but I didn't have the interest in QM that I have now, so I didn't even try to understand it and now I don't remember it...

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

If RT doesn't find me worthy of his time, then can someone else who understands it explain it to me?

Kthxbai.

Well, I only used that particular argument for debate purposes. I have other reasons for believing in God (not a God from any particular religion, but some type of grand mind).

What are your arguments for "some type of grand mind"?

That's just a deferential phrase he uses to refer to Sidewalker.

Bahahahaha!

Laughable indeed lol
SovereignDream
Posts: 1,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:05:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/19/2014 11:03:40 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Well, I only used that particular argument for debate purposes. I have other reasons for believing in God (not a God from any particular religion, but some type of grand mind).

You sound a bit like a religious personalist. Just eat the whole sandwich and become a classical theist already #gowithChrist
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:07:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:05:26 PM, SovereignDream wrote:
At 4/19/2014 11:03:40 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Well, I only used that particular argument for debate purposes. I have other reasons for believing in God (not a God from any particular religion, but some type of grand mind).

You sound a bit like a religious personalist. Just eat the whole sandwich and become a classical theist already #gowithChrist

Well, as Christopher Hitchens said, jumping from some generic grand mind to Christian Theism; you have your work cut out for you lol
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:08:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I don't like the term Deism, so I call myself a Neutral Theist. I believe in some type of God, but not the God from any one religion.
SovereignDream
Posts: 1,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:15:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:07:33 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:05:26 PM, SovereignDream wrote:
At 4/19/2014 11:03:40 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Well, I only used that particular argument for debate purposes. I have other reasons for believing in God (not a God from any particular religion, but some type of grand mind).

You sound a bit like a religious personalist. Just eat the whole sandwich and become a classical theist already #gowithChrist

Well, as Christopher Hitchens said, jumping from some generic grand mind to Christian Theism; you have your work cut out for you lol

Not really. If you understand the God of classical theism, then you'd see that deism impossible, for God would be active in creation by the very act of preserving it in existence at every single instant of its existence. And this, mind you, wouldn't be a simple passive act of preservation, which invites the idea that God is sort of a deadbeat father who created the world and then never has contact with it again. Rather, it would entail the most intimate and active sense of preservation of the world. Also, according to classical theism, God isn't "some generic mind" because God isn't some mind whatsoever. God, per classical theism, is simply Pure Actuality, Ipsum esse subsistens, and thus is not an unenbodied mind, as theistic personalists would say, but rather Being itself. Mind you this is just a simple drop in the water summation of an analysis that has been written on for thousands of pages by great minds like that of Aquinas and others.
SovereignDream
Posts: 1,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:17:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:07:33 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:05:26 PM, SovereignDream wrote:
At 4/19/2014 11:03:40 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Well, I only used that particular argument for debate purposes. I have other reasons for believing in God (not a God from any particular religion, but some type of grand mind).

You sound a bit like a religious personalist. Just eat the whole sandwich and become a classical theist already #gowithChrist

Well, as Christopher Hitchens said, jumping from some generic grand mind to Christian Theism; you have your work cut out for you lol

Also, couple God's existence with historical facts surrounding a certain Jesus of Nazareth and you've come pretty close to not just monotheism (as implied by God being Pure Actuality) but Christian monotheism specifically.
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:30:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:07:33 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:05:26 PM, SovereignDream wrote:
At 4/19/2014 11:03:40 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Well, I only used that particular argument for debate purposes. I have other reasons for believing in God (not a God from any particular religion, but some type of grand mind).

You sound a bit like a religious personalist. Just eat the whole sandwich and become a classical theist already #gowithChrist

Well, as Christopher Hitchens said, jumping from some generic grand mind to Christian Theism; you have your work cut out for you lol

I agree with SovereignDream btw ;) lol.. classical theism makes a lot of metaphysical sense, even if it's confusing to get there.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:35:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:15:53 PM, SovereignDream wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:07:33 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:05:26 PM, SovereignDream wrote:
At 4/19/2014 11:03:40 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Well, I only used that particular argument for debate purposes. I have other reasons for believing in God (not a God from any particular religion, but some type of grand mind).

You sound a bit like a religious personalist. Just eat the whole sandwich and become a classical theist already #gowithChrist

Well, as Christopher Hitchens said, jumping from some generic grand mind to Christian Theism; you have your work cut out for you lol

Not really. If you understand the God of classical theism, then you'd see that deism impossible, for God would be active in creation by the very act of preserving it in existence at every single instant of its existence. And this, mind you, wouldn't be a simple passive act of preservation, which invites the idea that God is sort of a deadbeat father who created the world and then never has contact with it again. Rather, it would entail the most intimate and active sense of preservation of the world.

Umm Ya, EXACTLY why I don't identify myself as a Deist lol Deism implies God just leaves the world alone, however, my Idealistic Panentheistic view doesn't allow for that.

Also, according to classical theism, God isn't "some generic mind" because God isn't some mind whatsoever. God, per classical theism, is simply Pure Actuality, Ipsum esse subsistens, and thus is not an unenbodied mind, as theistic personalists would say, but rather Being itself. Mind you this is just a simple drop in the water summation of an analysis that has been written on for thousands of pages by great minds like that of Aquinas and others.

Again, none of this has anything to do with Jesus dying on the cross or being resurrected. Ergo, it doesn't have much to do with Christianity specifically.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:36:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:30:12 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:07:33 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:05:26 PM, SovereignDream wrote:
At 4/19/2014 11:03:40 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Well, I only used that particular argument for debate purposes. I have other reasons for believing in God (not a God from any particular religion, but some type of grand mind).

You sound a bit like a religious personalist. Just eat the whole sandwich and become a classical theist already #gowithChrist

Well, as Christopher Hitchens said, jumping from some generic grand mind to Christian Theism; you have your work cut out for you lol

I agree with SovereignDream btw ;) lol.. classical theism makes a lot of metaphysical sense, even if it's confusing to get there.

Perhaps, but "Classical Theism" doesn't entail Christianity.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:39:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:17:18 PM, SovereignDream wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:07:33 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:05:26 PM, SovereignDream wrote:
At 4/19/2014 11:03:40 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Well, I only used that particular argument for debate purposes. I have other reasons for believing in God (not a God from any particular religion, but some type of grand mind).

You sound a bit like a religious personalist. Just eat the whole sandwich and become a classical theist already #gowithChrist

Well, as Christopher Hitchens said, jumping from some generic grand mind to Christian Theism; you have your work cut out for you lol

Also, couple God's existence with historical facts surrounding a certain Jesus of Nazareth and you've come pretty close to not just monotheism (as implied by God being Pure Actuality) but Christian monotheism specifically.

Ok, maybe I'll just pick up a Quaran and talk about all those facts and say how Islam is entailed... Lol What makes your religion so special?
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:40:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
My whole point is you cannot even argue for Christianity without appealing to The Bible. Natural Theism does NOTHING for Christianity.
SovereignDream
Posts: 1,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 10:01:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:39:35 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Ok, maybe I'll just pick up a Quaran and talk about all those facts and say how Islam is entailed... Lol What makes your religion so special?

Biblical scholars have interacted with the Quaran and Islamic claims about the divinity of Jesus for thousands of years. I'm not of those Biblical experts so I couldn't do much but point you to some who are. Briefly, however, most Muslims, per Muhammad, think that the crucifixion of Jesus never occurred. The problem is that, if history tells us anything certain about Jesus of Nazareth, it is that he was in fact crucified. This, along with other historical information we can gather regarding the days leading up to and after the crucifixion of Jesus, casts doubt on the specific truth about Islam. Again, this is just a brief summary of a greater dialogue on the matter. No doubt hundreds of thousands of pages of ink have been written on the subject.
SovereignDream
Posts: 1,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 10:03:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:40:55 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
My whole point is you cannot even argue for Christianity without appealing to The Bible. Natural Theism does NOTHING for Christianity.

I'm not sure what you mean by "without appealing to The Bible." There is plenty of historical evidence that Jesus existed, that he was crucified, and, as Craig and other scholars would argue, that Jesus' radical claims to divinity were ratified in his resurrection.

Again, couple classical theism with historical evidence for such events and you have come extremely close to Christian theism being true.
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 10:05:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:08:54 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I don't like the term Deism, so I call myself a Neutral Theist. I believe in some type of God, but not the God from any one religion.

I seriously thought you were atheist all this time. Makes sense now though to your posts I've seen.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 10:06:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 10:05:02 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:08:54 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I don't like the term Deism, so I call myself a Neutral Theist. I believe in some type of God, but not the God from any one religion.

I seriously thought you were atheist all this time. Makes sense now though to your posts I've seen.

Actually, I was an Atheist up until a couple of months ago. So, if before 2 or 3 months ago you got the vibe I was an Atheist, you were correct.
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 10:06:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:36:27 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:30:12 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:07:33 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:05:26 PM, SovereignDream wrote:
At 4/19/2014 11:03:40 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Well, I only used that particular argument for debate purposes. I have other reasons for believing in God (not a God from any particular religion, but some type of grand mind).

You sound a bit like a religious personalist. Just eat the whole sandwich and become a classical theist already #gowithChrist

Well, as Christopher Hitchens said, jumping from some generic grand mind to Christian Theism; you have your work cut out for you lol

I agree with SovereignDream btw ;) lol.. classical theism makes a lot of metaphysical sense, even if it's confusing to get there.

Perhaps, but "Classical Theism" doesn't entail Christianity.

You're right, it doesn't. But under classical theism, Christianity makes a lot more sense.

It reminds me of something Feser said in a recent blog post... theistic peronalists have a genus of "persons" then they have this divided into "embodied persons" and "disembodied persons" and God falls somewhere into "disembodied persons". And then when God becomes man, it's like something from ghostbusters, lol.

Whereas for classical theism, God just is his own genus, and is pure subsistent being. Makes sense to me *shrugs*
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 10:08:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 10:06:16 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 10:05:02 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:08:54 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I don't like the term Deism, so I call myself a Neutral Theist. I believe in some type of God, but not the God from any one religion.

I seriously thought you were atheist all this time. Makes sense now though to your posts I've seen.

Actually, I was an Atheist up until a couple of months ago. So, if before 2 or 3 months ago you got the vibe I was an Atheist, you were correct.

Ah ok. So what brought you to the conclusion of what you believe now? If I may ask.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 10:09:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 10:03:25 PM, SovereignDream wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:40:55 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
My whole point is you cannot even argue for Christianity without appealing to The Bible. Natural Theism does NOTHING for Christianity.

I'm not sure what you mean by "without appealing to The Bible." There is plenty of historical evidence that Jesus existed, that he was crucified, and, as Craig and other scholars would argue, that Jesus' radical claims to divinity were ratified in his resurrection.

Again, couple classical theism with historical evidence for such events and you have come extremely close to Christian theism being true.

That's where I disagree. There is a huge difference between historical facts, and the best explanation regarding those facts. One could easily agree with a crucifixion, an empty tomb etc... and still reject the claim that Jesus was raised from the dead by God.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 10:11:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 10:08:16 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 4/21/2014 10:06:16 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 10:05:02 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:08:54 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I don't like the term Deism, so I call myself a Neutral Theist. I believe in some type of God, but not the God from any one religion.

I seriously thought you were atheist all this time. Makes sense now though to your posts I've seen.

Actually, I was an Atheist up until a couple of months ago. So, if before 2 or 3 months ago you got the vibe I was an Atheist, you were correct.

Ah ok. So what brought you to the conclusion of what you believe now? If I may ask.

Arguments from You-Tuber Johanan Raatz. I always figured a year or so ago that if I ever converted to Theism, it would be to his arguments and not William Lane Craig's (I never found Craig convincing); I turned out to be right.
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 10:14:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 10:11:16 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 10:08:16 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 4/21/2014 10:06:16 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 10:05:02 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:08:54 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I don't like the term Deism, so I call myself a Neutral Theist. I believe in some type of God, but not the God from any one religion.

I seriously thought you were atheist all this time. Makes sense now though to your posts I've seen.

Actually, I was an Atheist up until a couple of months ago. So, if before 2 or 3 months ago you got the vibe I was an Atheist, you were correct.

Ah ok. So what brought you to the conclusion of what you believe now? If I may ask.

Arguments from You-Tuber Johanan Raatz. I always figured a year or so ago that if I ever converted to Theism, it would be to his arguments and not William Lane Craig's (I never found Craig convincing); I turned out to be right.

Well that's interesting. It's a start. I did skim through this thread and wonder, you say you believe in God but not of any religion there is today? Or have I misunderstood?
What is your definition of God? Who is He to you?
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 10:17:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 10:14:36 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 4/21/2014 10:11:16 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 10:08:16 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 4/21/2014 10:06:16 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 10:05:02 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:08:54 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I don't like the term Deism, so I call myself a Neutral Theist. I believe in some type of God, but not the God from any one religion.

I seriously thought you were atheist all this time. Makes sense now though to your posts I've seen.

Actually, I was an Atheist up until a couple of months ago. So, if before 2 or 3 months ago you got the vibe I was an Atheist, you were correct.

Ah ok. So what brought you to the conclusion of what you believe now? If I may ask.

Arguments from You-Tuber Johanan Raatz. I always figured a year or so ago that if I ever converted to Theism, it would be to his arguments and not William Lane Craig's (I never found Craig convincing); I turned out to be right.

Well that's interesting. It's a start. I did skim through this thread and wonder, you say you believe in God but not of any religion there is today? Or have I misunderstood?
What is your definition of God? Who is He to you?

God, to me, is the Grand Mind that is the reason anything exists. The grounding of being, if you will. At this point, God is nothing more than a metaphysical explanation. I don't feel the "Holy Spirit" or anything lol