Total Posts:44|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why Men Are "Players" And Women Are "Sluts...

Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Sometimes women ask why a man is considered a player or something good if he has sex with a lot of girls, but the girl is looked at as low if she has sex with a lot of guys. I found a simple answer:

A key that can open up any lock is a Master key, but a lock that can be opened up by any key is worthless. Think about it ;)
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 10:58:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Nothin' new here.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 11:02:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2014 11:00:52 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/23/2014 10:58:55 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
Nothin' new here.

It's new to me, I just found it ok!

Lol. Find the door on your way out bro. :P
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 11:20:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2014 11:02:46 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 4/23/2014 11:00:52 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/23/2014 10:58:55 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
Nothin' new here.

It's new to me, I just found it ok!

Lol. Find the door on your way out bro. :P

I'm still here...
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 11:25:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2014 11:20:37 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/23/2014 11:02:46 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 4/23/2014 11:00:52 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/23/2014 10:58:55 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
Nothin' new here.

It's new to me, I just found it ok!

Lol. Find the door on your way out bro. :P

I'm still here...

Why?
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 11:26:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Sometimes women ask why a man is considered a player or something good if he has sex with a lot of girls, but the girl is looked at as low if she has sex with a lot of guys. I found a simple answer:

A key that can open up any lock is a Master key, but a lock that can be opened up by any key is worthless. Think about it ;)

Some men are not to bright.

If you want to have sex with women, then women having the attitude that sex is a good thing will help with that goal.

So what do men do ? hey if your a woman having sex alot.........well...............SLUT !!!

Thus demonizing the whole having alot of sex with different men, thus decreasing yours odds of getting sex.

IN stead of slut shaming we should be giving out gold medals or something.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 11:34:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2014 11:26:56 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Sometimes women ask why a man is considered a player or something good if he has sex with a lot of girls, but the girl is looked at as low if she has sex with a lot of guys. I found a simple answer:

A key that can open up any lock is a Master key, but a lock that can be opened up by any key is worthless. Think about it ;)

Some men are not to bright.

If you want to have sex with women, then women having the attitude that sex is a good thing will help with that goal.

So what do men do ? hey if your a woman having sex alot.........well...............SLUT !!!

Thus demonizing the whole having alot of sex with different men, thus decreasing yours odds of getting sex.

IN stead of slut shaming we should be giving out gold medals or something.

It was a joke...
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 11:37:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2014 11:34:27 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/23/2014 11:26:56 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Sometimes women ask why a man is considered a player or something good if he has sex with a lot of girls, but the girl is looked at as low if she has sex with a lot of guys. I found a simple answer:

A key that can open up any lock is a Master key, but a lock that can be opened up by any key is worthless. Think about it ;)

Some men are not to bright.

If you want to have sex with women, then women having the attitude that sex is a good thing will help with that goal.

So what do men do ? hey if your a woman having sex alot.........well...............SLUT !!!

Thus demonizing the whole having alot of sex with different men, thus decreasing yours odds of getting sex.

IN stead of slut shaming we should be giving out gold medals or something.

It was a joke...

Oh my bad, but you can see my confusion, as a joke is normally........ya know.............funny !!!
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 11:57:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2014 11:37:38 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 4/23/2014 11:34:27 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/23/2014 11:26:56 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Sometimes women ask why a man is considered a player or something good if he has sex with a lot of girls, but the girl is looked at as low if she has sex with a lot of guys. I found a simple answer:

A key that can open up any lock is a Master key, but a lock that can be opened up by any key is worthless. Think about it ;)

Some men are not to bright.

If you want to have sex with women, then women having the attitude that sex is a good thing will help with that goal.

So what do men do ? hey if your a woman having sex alot.........well...............SLUT !!!

Thus demonizing the whole having alot of sex with different men, thus decreasing yours odds of getting sex.

IN stead of slut shaming we should be giving out gold medals or something.

It was a joke...

Oh my bad, but you can see my confusion, as a joke is normally........ya know.............funny !!!

That's not nice. Just because you didn't get that it was a joke.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 12:19:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2014 11:57:18 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 4/23/2014 11:37:38 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 4/23/2014 11:34:27 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/23/2014 11:26:56 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Sometimes women ask why a man is considered a player or something good if he has sex with a lot of girls, but the girl is looked at as low if she has sex with a lot of guys. I found a simple answer:

A key that can open up any lock is a Master key, but a lock that can be opened up by any key is worthless. Think about it ;)

Some men are not to bright.

If you want to have sex with women, then women having the attitude that sex is a good thing will help with that goal.

So what do men do ? hey if your a woman having sex alot.........well...............SLUT !!!

Thus demonizing the whole having alot of sex with different men, thus decreasing yours odds of getting sex.

IN stead of slut shaming we should be giving out gold medals or something.

It was a joke...

Oh my bad, but you can see my confusion, as a joke is normally........ya know.............funny !!!

That's not nice. Just because you didn't get that it was a joke.

There is nothing funny about locksmithery.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 1:02:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Sometimes women ask why a man is considered a player or something good if he has sex with a lot of girls, but the girl is looked at as low if she has sex with a lot of guys. I found a simple answer:

A key that can open up any lock is a Master key, but a lock that can be opened up by any key is worthless. Think about it ;)
Good one! Heard before, but it's been a while.

I don't understand why slut-shaming is a bad thing? One should be ashamed of being a slut.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 1:42:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2014 1:02:33 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Sometimes women ask why a man is considered a player or something good if he has sex with a lot of girls, but the girl is looked at as low if she has sex with a lot of guys. I found a simple answer:

A key that can open up any lock is a Master key, but a lock that can be opened up by any key is worthless. Think about it ;)
Good one! Heard before, but it's been a while.

I don't understand why slut-shaming is a bad thing? One should be ashamed of being a slut.

Now that is funny.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Geogeer
Posts: 4,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 1:45:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Sometimes women ask why a man is considered a player or something good if he has sex with a lot of girls, but the girl is looked at as low if she has sex with a lot of guys. I found a simple answer:

A key that can open up any lock is a Master key, but a lock that can be opened up by any key is worthless. Think about it ;)

You are assuming that being a player is something good.
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 1:46:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2014 1:45:53 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Sometimes women ask why a man is considered a player or something good if he has sex with a lot of girls, but the girl is looked at as low if she has sex with a lot of guys. I found a simple answer:

A key that can open up any lock is a Master key, but a lock that can be opened up by any key is worthless. Think about it ;)

You are assuming that being a player is something good.
That's a bingo!
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 4:13:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Sometimes women ask why a man is considered a player or something good if he has sex with a lot of girls, but the girl is looked at as low if she has sex with a lot of guys. I found a simple answer:

A key that can open up any lock is a Master key, but a lock that can be opened up by any key is worthless. Think about it ;)

Hahahah. :P

I disagree, because I look at guys who have sex with lots of girls as sluts, but its still funny, lol.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 4:28:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why Men Are "Players" And Women Are "Sluts

Because women have the last word. Excluding rape. This may sound weird today, but the norm is for the man to pursue the woman. At least that was the way it was for the last 3000 years. That all changed 50 years ago. Now that it is socially acceptable for women pursue men, both are sluts now. The idea of a "player" should be done away with. Both sexes are either promiscuous sluts or they aren't.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 4:49:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2014 1:45:53 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Sometimes women ask why a man is considered a player or something good if he has sex with a lot of girls, but the girl is looked at as low if she has sex with a lot of guys. I found a simple answer:

A key that can open up any lock is a Master key, but a lock that can be opened up by any key is worthless. Think about it ;)

You are assuming that being a player is something good.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 5:03:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Why Men Are "Players" And Women Are "Sluts...
Because men are from Mars & women are from Venus.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 6:35:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2014 5:03:40 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Why Men Are "Players" And Women Are "Sluts...
Because men are from Mars & women are from Venus.

Where did you come from? It says you've been on here 4 years, but I haven't started seeing you until recently?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 1:44:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2014 6:35:32 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 4/23/2014 5:03:40 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Why Men Are "Players" And Women Are "Sluts...
Because men are from Mars & women are from Venus.

Where did you come from? It says you've been on here 4 years, but I haven't started seeing you until recently?
Mars.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 3:01:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/24/2014 1:44:13 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 4/23/2014 6:35:32 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 4/23/2014 5:03:40 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Why Men Are "Players" And Women Are "Sluts...
Because men are from Mars & women are from Venus.

Where did you come from? It says you've been on here 4 years, but I haven't started seeing you until recently?
Mars.

Sh1t just keeps getting weirder and weirder. I never should have gotten into philosophy. :P
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 3:21:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2014 4:28:11 PM, sadolite wrote:
Why Men Are "Players" And Women Are "Sluts

Because women have the last word. Excluding rape. This may sound weird today, but the norm is for the man to pursue the woman. At least that was the way it was for the last 3000 years. That all changed 50 years ago. Now that it is socially acceptable for women pursue men, both are sluts now. The idea of a "player" should be done away with. Both sexes are either promiscuous sluts or they aren't.

Two things...

1) Women don't have the last word. If women want to do it, and the man doesn't, then sex doesn't happen.

2) I'm pretty sure that the general consensus, historically, has been that if the woman didn't put out for the man, that was just as bad. From the Bible to Indian customs, I think that holds slightly true as a generalisation.

I do obviously completely agree with the conclusion though. I do think that people should at least be a bit consistent with it. Reappropriating 'slut' to be anything instead of just a generally derogatory claim seems impossible, and 'player' is remniscent of frat boy idiocy.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 4:10:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/24/2014 3:21:10 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 4/23/2014 4:28:11 PM, sadolite wrote:
Why Men Are "Players" And Women Are "Sluts

Because women have the last word. Excluding rape. This may sound weird today, but the norm is for the man to pursue the woman. At least that was the way it was for the last 3000 years. That all changed 50 years ago. Now that it is socially acceptable for women pursue men, both are sluts now. The idea of a "player" should be done away with. Both sexes are either promiscuous sluts or they aren't.

Two things...

1) Women don't have the last word. If women want to do it, and the man doesn't, then sex doesn't happen.

2) I'm pretty sure that the general consensus, historically, has been that if the woman didn't put out for the man, that was just as bad. From the Bible to Indian customs, I think that holds slightly true as a generalisation.

I do obviously completely agree with the conclusion though. I do think that people should at least be a bit consistent with it. Reappropriating 'slut' to be anything instead of just a generally derogatory claim seems impossible, and 'player' is remniscent of frat boy idiocy.

"1) Women don't have the last word. If women want to do it, and the man doesn't, then sex doesn't happen."

You choose to ignore the painfully obvious nature of the male human species on this one. 99.9% of all unmarried men will have sex with a woman if he is propositioned with no strings attached. Sure you can point out a few exceptions but they are in no way the norm for the male species. I would go so far as to say that close to 50% of married men would also. Don't ask for a source, I have known more than just a few married men who have done so. The same can not be said for women in the past, or even today.

"I'm pretty sure that the general consensus, historically, has been that if the woman didn't put out for the man, that was just as bad."

I think you would be pretty wrong, Why do you think the word slut was coined? Because an unmarried woman would give up her virtue out of wedlock. That is what a slut is. A woman who chooses to fornicate out of wedlock with different men. Men can not have sex with a woman without consent least it be rape. Men almost never pass up the opportunity. A man is a stud because he gets more women to consent. Getting consent can be a monumental challenge. It is not a challenge at all for a woman to get a man to sleep with her. Hence, she is a slut.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 4:52:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/24/2014 3:01:53 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 4/24/2014 1:44:13 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 4/23/2014 6:35:32 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 4/23/2014 5:03:40 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Why Men Are "Players" And Women Are "Sluts...
Because men are from Mars & women are from Venus.

Where did you come from? It says you've been on here 4 years, but I haven't started seeing you until recently?
Mars.

Sh1t just keeps getting weirder and weirder. I never should have gotten into philosophy. :P
Hehehehe. Been on hiatus.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 4:53:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/24/2014 4:52:11 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 4/24/2014 3:01:53 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 4/24/2014 1:44:13 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 4/23/2014 6:35:32 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 4/23/2014 5:03:40 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Why Men Are "Players" And Women Are "Sluts...
Because men are from Mars & women are from Venus.

Where did you come from? It says you've been on here 4 years, but I haven't started seeing you until recently?
Mars.

Sh1t just keeps getting weirder and weirder. I never should have gotten into philosophy. :P
Hehehehe. Been on hiatus.

What's that? A drug...?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 4:54:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Sometimes women ask why a man is considered a player or something good if he has sex with a lot of girls, but the girl is looked at as low if she has sex with a lot of guys. I found a simple answer:

A key that can open up any lock is a Master key, but a lock that can be opened up by any key is worthless. Think about it ;)

What do you call a guy who has lots of sex with his hand?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 5:24:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/24/2014 4:53:24 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 4/24/2014 4:52:11 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 4/24/2014 3:01:53 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 4/24/2014 1:44:13 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 4/23/2014 6:35:32 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 4/23/2014 5:03:40 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Why Men Are "Players" And Women Are "Sluts...
Because men are from Mars & women are from Venus.

Where did you come from? It says you've been on here 4 years, but I haven't started seeing you until recently?
Mars.

Sh1t just keeps getting weirder and weirder. I never should have gotten into philosophy. :P
Hehehehe. Been on hiatus.

What's that? A drug...?
Oui.

What do you call a guy who has lots of sex with his hand?


Happy.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 6:45:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/24/2014 4:10:47 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 4/24/2014 3:21:10 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 4/23/2014 4:28:11 PM, sadolite wrote:
Why Men Are "Players" And Women Are "Sluts

Because women have the last word. Excluding rape. This may sound weird today, but the norm is for the man to pursue the woman. At least that was the way it was for the last 3000 years. That all changed 50 years ago. Now that it is socially acceptable for women pursue men, both are sluts now. The idea of a "player" should be done away with. Both sexes are either promiscuous sluts or they aren't.

Two things...

1) Women don't have the last word. If women want to do it, and the man doesn't, then sex doesn't happen.

2) I'm pretty sure that the general consensus, historically, has been that if the woman didn't put out for the man, that was just as bad. From the Bible to Indian customs, I think that holds slightly true as a generalisation.

I do obviously completely agree with the conclusion though. I do think that people should at least be a bit consistent with it. Reappropriating 'slut' to be anything instead of just a generally derogatory claim seems impossible, and 'player' is remniscent of frat boy idiocy.

"1) Women don't have the last word. If women want to do it, and the man doesn't, then sex doesn't happen."

You choose to ignore the painfully obvious nature of the male human species on this one. 99.9% of all unmarried men will have sex with a woman if he is propositioned with no strings attached.

Firstly, there's funnily enough been a study on this (God knows the pay). It was around 80% of men would have no strings attached sex, while 80% of women wouldn't, roughly, I think! The issue though is that even if this holds true empirically, it doesn't change the fact that consent works both ways. It just isn't remotely accurate to claim "But the men really wanted sex" or "men are more likely to cheat because they're men" without getting uncomfortably close to sexist remarks. That is, these claims don't really matter when it comes to the issue of consent, even if we entertained them as true.


"I'm pretty sure that the general consensus, historically, has been that if the woman didn't put out for the man, that was just as bad."

I think you would be pretty wrong, Why do you think the word slut was coined?

Because people are stupid. I think it's slightly irrational trying to reason our way through language. It's hardly an intelligent concept.

Because an unmarried woman would give up her virtue out of wedlock. That is what a slut is.

Firstly, was what a slut was, if at all. Secondly, my point was that it was in addition to women cannot have sex at inappropriate times, women must have sex at the right time. I apologise as I realised that sounded as if I was disagreeing rather than refining what you said. Though, in different societies, the concepts of 'slut' and 'player' vary, unsurprisingly.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Intrepid
Posts: 372
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 9:49:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2014 10:56:42 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Sometimes women ask why a man is considered a player or something good if he has sex with a lot of girls, but the girl is looked at as low if she has sex with a lot of guys. I found a simple answer:

A key that can open up any lock is a Master key, but a lock that can be opened up by any key is worthless. Think about it ;)

I think men who have sex with lots of women are sluts also... so. And I don't necessarily mean slut in a negative way, but I do mean that they are loose and do not value the intimacy of sex, but only use sex as a selfish means for pleasure. I do think that is a bad thing.