Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Stoicism and Homosexuality

ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 6:51:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I contend two things....

1. Homosexuality is natural

2. What is natural, can not be wrong

Discuss
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 7:13:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/9/2014 6:51:17 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I contend two things....

1. Homosexuality is natural

2. What is natural, can not be wrong

Discuss

Ricin is natural

Ricin is not wrong.

Smallpox is natural

Smallpox is not wrong.

Starvation is natural

Starvation is not wrong

... What kind of argument is that???
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 7:14:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/9/2014 7:13:59 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/9/2014 6:51:17 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I contend two things....

1. Homosexuality is natural

2. What is natural, can not be wrong

Discuss

Ricin is natural

Ricin is not wrong.

Smallpox is natural

Smallpox is not wrong.

Starvation is natural

Starvation is not wrong


... What kind of argument is that???

The argument made by Xeno and Marcus Aurellius. They are referring to human nature.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 7:18:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/9/2014 7:14:43 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/9/2014 7:13:59 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/9/2014 6:51:17 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I contend two things....

1. Homosexuality is natural

2. What is natural, can not be wrong

Discuss

Ricin is natural

Ricin is not wrong.

Smallpox is natural

Smallpox is not wrong.

Starvation is natural

Starvation is not wrong


... What kind of argument is that???

The argument made by Xeno and Marcus Aurellius. They are referring to human nature.

Masochism is natural.

Paedophilic sex is natural

Violent instincts between non-clan members is natural

All of that is moral?
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 7:20:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/9/2014 7:18:18 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/9/2014 7:14:43 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/9/2014 7:13:59 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/9/2014 6:51:17 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I contend two things....

1. Homosexuality is natural

2. What is natural, can not be wrong

Discuss

Ricin is natural

Ricin is not wrong.

Smallpox is natural

Smallpox is not wrong.

Starvation is natural

Starvation is not wrong


... What kind of argument is that???

The argument made by Xeno and Marcus Aurellius. They are referring to human nature.

Masochism is natural.

Paedophilic sex is natural

Violent instincts between non-clan members is natural

All of that is moral?

I would argue its natural for one to think of having pedophile sex. For one to force another, who does not want it, would be immoral.

Clarified?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 7:22:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/9/2014 7:20:20 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/9/2014 7:18:18 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/9/2014 7:14:43 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/9/2014 7:13:59 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/9/2014 6:51:17 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I contend two things....

1. Homosexuality is natural

2. What is natural, can not be wrong

Discuss

Ricin is natural

Ricin is not wrong.

Smallpox is natural

Smallpox is not wrong.

Starvation is natural

Starvation is not wrong


... What kind of argument is that???

The argument made by Xeno and Marcus Aurellius. They are referring to human nature.

Masochism is natural.

Paedophilic sex is natural

Violent instincts between non-clan members is natural

All of that is moral?

I would argue its natural for one to think of having pedophile sex. For one to force another, who does not want it, would be immoral.

Clarified?

I meant sadism instead of masochism*

And sure, but it then clearly defeats your argument, as we are talking about the act in both cases. Is it not a natural act, in the same sense a homosexual act is?
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 7:23:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/9/2014 7:22:36 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/9/2014 7:20:20 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/9/2014 7:18:18 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/9/2014 7:14:43 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/9/2014 7:13:59 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/9/2014 6:51:17 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I contend two things....

1. Homosexuality is natural

2. What is natural, can not be wrong

Discuss

Ricin is natural

Ricin is not wrong.

Smallpox is natural

Smallpox is not wrong.

Starvation is natural

Starvation is not wrong


... What kind of argument is that???

The argument made by Xeno and Marcus Aurellius. They are referring to human nature.

Masochism is natural.

Paedophilic sex is natural

Violent instincts between non-clan members is natural

All of that is moral?

I would argue its natural for one to think of having pedophile sex. For one to force another, who does not want it, would be immoral.

Clarified?

I meant sadism instead of masochism*

And sure, but it then clearly defeats your argument, as we are talking about the act in both cases. Is it not a natural act, in the same sense a homosexual act is?

If two consenting adults both feel attracted to each other, then the relationship is natural. Correct?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 7:26:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/9/2014 7:23:56 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/9/2014 7:22:36 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/9/2014 7:20:20 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/9/2014 7:18:18 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/9/2014 7:14:43 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/9/2014 7:13:59 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/9/2014 6:51:17 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I contend two things....

1. Homosexuality is natural

2. What is natural, can not be wrong

Discuss

Ricin is natural

Ricin is not wrong.

Smallpox is natural

Smallpox is not wrong.

Starvation is natural

Starvation is not wrong


... What kind of argument is that???

The argument made by Xeno and Marcus Aurellius. They are referring to human nature.

Masochism is natural.

Paedophilic sex is natural

Violent instincts between non-clan members is natural

All of that is moral?

I would argue its natural for one to think of having pedophile sex. For one to force another, who does not want it, would be immoral.

Clarified?

I meant sadism instead of masochism*

And sure, but it then clearly defeats your argument, as we are talking about the act in both cases. Is it not a natural act, in the same sense a homosexual act is?

If two consenting adults both feel attracted to each other, then the relationship is natural. Correct?

You are changing the topic and shifting the goal posts.

I am talking about paedophilic acts here, a substantially older adult and a minor ~11 years old.

Is that not natural, and if it is natural, do you contend that this is a moral act in the same way same sex marriage is, all things equal.